• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Still undecided. Love the combat but needs to see more of the level design.

Combat is what it's about. The level design is dynamically linked. It's cool, and it looks great, but it's not the standout feature, IMO! You can't get the same catered feel as Souls when it's dynamically generated, but you can certainly get fun combat!

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Looks like PS4 pre-order was taken down because for some reason PS4 isn't getting early access.

Pretty discouraging, I had plenty of time to play this weekend but not later, shame.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Combat is what it's about. The level design is dynamically linked. It's cool, and it looks great, but it's not the standout feature, IMO! You can't get the same catered feel as Souls when it's dynamically generated, but you can certainly get fun combat!
Do you know if i still get Early Access on Steam if i decide to buy on Saturday? I'm planning to watch some more footage and hear some impressions first, but definitely interested.

people

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.remnantgame.com/en/news-article/11233383
Over the past few days we've noticed a number of concerns about the pre-order availability of Remnant: From the Ashes on PlayStation®4. Sadly, due to unforeseen circumstances we will no longer be able to deliver the 'VIP Preview Weekend' for PlayStation®4 players. Players with pre-orders will still receive the other bonuses when the game launches on August 20.
Sony will be directly contacting players with existing pre-orders on PlayStation®4. Players eager to play Remnant on PlayStation®4 can do so on August 20 when the game officially launches on all platforms. Purchases will be available through the PlayStation®Store when the game goes live in your region.
We have appreciated your patience while we gathered the most up-to-date information on this issue, and look forward to seeing you in Ward 13 on August 20!

kalavaras

Oct 28, 2017
So, there goes that "guaranteed VIP access". Feelsbadman, last days of my summer holiday and was really looking forward to spending the weekend with Remnant. Also knowing how dreadful Sonys refund policy is I feel double screwed. Not happy, not at all.

I also purchase digital games VERY rarely, after this probably never.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
After really enjoying Darksiders 3 I'm pretty interested in this game. The monster designs look pretty great.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
So, there goes that "guaranteed VIP access". Feelsbadman, last days of my summer holiday and was really looking forward to spending the weekend with Remnant. Also knowing how dreadful Sonys refund policy is I feel double screwed. Not happy, not at all.

I also purchase digital games VERY rarely, after this probably never.

=(

I wish I could do something to fix it! If it were up to me, everyone would have been playing yesterday, LOL.

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Been watching this title off and on for a while, it definitely looks fun! Will be watching the thread to see what people think and make a choice based on that since money is tight though that price point is nice.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Also, pretty slick OT

im wondering if the support class got sum meaty dps
As far as I am aware, the starting class is just a loadout. You can get the other skills/weapons etc from the other starting classes as you play.

Personally I want to try and build a heavy support/healer character but I need to see more skills and what they do.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Is this basically a co-op randomly generated dungeon crawler?

I've been waiting for something like this for a while if so

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
First giveaway shall be tomorrow (Thursday) through steam ill pick some one at random and drop a pm on here. If you happen to not be a pc player i pm ill make a note and get something your way ^^

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Considering picking this up on PC after watching videos the last couple days.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Hm, never heard of this until now. Looks like a similar idea to Hellgate? Might give it a shot when it drops.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Just preordered on Steam. Now I need to find some people to play with, or convince a friend to pick it up. Really looking forward to this.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
First giveaway shall be tomorrow (Thursday) through steam ill pick some one at random and drop a pm on here. If you happen to not be a pc player i pm ill make a note and get something your way ^^

really cool that you're doing this!

curious as to what the reason might be that the VIP weekend is no longer taking place on the PS4.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
As far as I am aware, the starting class is just a loadout. You can get the other skills/weapons etc from the other starting classes as you play.

Personally I want to try and build a heavy support/healer character but I need to see more skills and what they do.

Starting Archetypes are only to get you going on your quest. There is nothing locked due to your initial pick. In fact, you can get a little bit of scrap (money) early on and just go buy the starting gear for all of the other archetypes. However, you will need to find where the archetype-specific trait is hidden!

Is this basically a co-op randomly generated dungeon crawler?

I've been waiting for something like this for a while if so

Basically!

MotionBlue

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks really fun. I already play Destiny 2, but the art design has been tempting. Any good streamers showing gameplay?

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playing it for review now so can't discuss too much but I am really interested in another game delaying reviews until after access by days. Reminds me a bit of EA having that huge timeframe to play games and embargoing the reviews until normal release. Always puzzles me to no end

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
How's the ETA for Early Launch? Timezones ain't my forte so how many hours until it opens, looking forward to checking out some streams and hopefully I'll be convinced to join the bunch!

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Got a refund from Sony. They gave me a ton of hassle and blamed it on the devs multiple times. I literally asked the guy "why would the devs pull it from ps4 but not other platforms" and the guy instantly responded "maybe they hate us". This was on the phone, so I heard his voice and he had no sarcasm or joke. This was at the 23 minute mark so I had talked this dude awhile. He was dead serious.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Playing it for review now so can't discuss too much but I am really interested in another game delaying reviews until after access by days. Reminds me a bit of EA having that huge timeframe to play games and embargoing the reviews until normal release. Always puzzles me to no end
SoFech (community manager) said during today's live stream that people are free to stream, post videos, etc. when VIP weekend goes live. Not sure why reviews would still be on a delay.

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
Got a refund from Sony. They gave me a ton of hassle and blamed it on the devs multiple times. I literally asked the guy "why would the devs pull it from ps4 but not other platforms" and the guy instantly responded "maybe they hate us". This was on the phone, so I heard his voice and he had no sarcasm or joke. This was at the 23 minute mark so I had talked this dude awhile. He was dead serious.

They sent the build and info etc to Microsoft and steam its defo not a dev issue

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX

That's next level!

I don't think it makes sense that the team would work on a passion project for 3 years, and on their third attempt to make the game (from original THQ to Crytek Austin to now), make it inaccessible on one of the 3 platforms for 4 days. That's just me... =/

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
That's next level!

I don't think it makes sense that the team would work on a passion project for 3 years, and on their third attempt to make the game (from original THQ to Crytek Austin to now), make it inaccessible on one of the 3 platforms for 4 days. That's just me... =/
Oh yeah. It's really messed up. I agree. I just hate it for you guys. I hope people like myself who did cancel buy on another platform. You guys deserve the support!