• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I47vX4C.jpg

The first paid DLC for Remnant: From the Ashes has been announced.
"Swamps of Corsus will deliver an upgraded version of the primordial world of Corsus with a swarm of new content, including powerful weapons and mods, challenging dungeons, epic bosses, new enemies, and more. In addition, the DLC will unveil a new rogue-like game mode called "Survival Mode" that will have players start from nothing and fighting for survival to acquire unique armor and over 50 new armor skins.

RtlXwpt.jpg

In the new Survival Mode, players will start their journey with just a pistol and some scrap. Those brave enough to take on this intense permadeath challenge will travel randomly through corrupted World Stones to different biomes seeking epic new rewards, all the while fighting to survive against insanely difficult bosses and enemies. Players that delve into the expanded Swamps of Corsus biome will find new story content, such as quests and events, a vast arsenal of powerful gear to collect – including weapons, armor, mods, and traits –along with plenty of tough enemies to take down.

This new premium DLC, Swamps of Corsus, will launch for $9.99 on PC (Steam) April 28, and on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 at a later date. "

Sounds pretty nice. Good that it seems to be something substantial that can last a while.
Looking forward to trying that new challenging roguelike mode!

Trailer:

Source: and more info: The games website

Last edited:

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
Day 1. This was one of the top experiences of last year for sure for me. Should do another run thru before this comes out. Thanks for the post.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
I totally believe so. It just felt right when playing it with M/KB and it had a fun flow to the combat. I haven't played the updates of Leto or Hardcore, so that is what I am going to get into while I wait 2 weeks for the DLC.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Really hoping this hits PC Gamepass soon. Its on console gamepass but i only have a launch Xbox one, and the performance on it isnt great. The game itself seems fantastic and a sleeper hit from last year.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Does the game still have a solid community on PC? I kinda fell off and haven't went back to it for awhile.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome. This game deserves more exposure for sure. One of my surprise hits last year.

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
Requisite post here! Is this game alright to play solo? Or is there some sort of community still kicking around on PS4? No one I could rope into this one but it always looked neat to me.

OP
OP
Santar

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Requisite post here! Is this game alright to play solo? Or is there some sort of community still kicking around on PS4? No one I could rope into this one but it always looked neat to me.
I've only played it solo and it's perfectly fine. I mean it can be challenging, but it's not supposed to be an easy game.
If you don't mind a challenge I'd say go for it.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Very recently got back into this after a bit of a hiatus and finished my first campaign. It's such a good game, glad to see it getting expanded, but the swamps were definitely Italy my least favourite biome.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Game is fantastic and everyone who likes a nice third person shooter with some slight dark souls vibe to it should check it out

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I really need to get back into it. I quiet liked what I have played, just didn't finish it. I think it's a better Souls-like than The Surge.

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
Cool, so it's almost here. The base game was great, so I expect the DLC to be at a similar level. I'll wait for more details before I'm fully onboard.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, I'm sitting on the credit now waiting for a sale. Wonder if they'll do a bundle that includes the DLC?

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Slightly bummed that the devs couldn't give the Corsus content in a free update when they themselves admitted that section of the game was lacking, but I'll take a $10 DLC when it gives so much other content on top

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna be interesting to see if the bosses design has improved since then.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
So wait, this is an extended version of a world which was considered barebone on release...and we need to pay for it? I mean, if it would provide actual new areas and not a revamped one ok, but why charging money for something like this. Charging money for additional modes is ok, not for a revamped location.

Mur2thetaugh

Dec 12, 2017
omg yes please. did not think this was gonna have any DLC. glad I was wrong. this game left me thirsty for more lore and world building.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I love this dlc. Feels very risk of rain like with the push to move fast / explore. Really been digging it!

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
been playing this co-op on Steam. really fun.

wish this game had cross-play with the console versions though.

SoftTaur

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else been randomly dying in survival mode? Was playing in co-op and just instantly died on the way from the checkpoint to the fog door in boss rooms twice. Literally nothing there that could hurt me. Still managed to snag the 10 in a row achievement but this is annoying.

Oct 2, 2018
So wait, this is an extended version of a world which was considered barebone on release...and we need to pay for it? I mean, if it would provide actual new areas and not a revamped one ok, but why charging money for something like this. Charging money for additional modes is ok, not for a revamped location.

there's a whole another gameplay mode. The Rogue like/survival mode.

Oct 2, 2018
i think its the campaign we have been playing. had a few story beats. i usually just follow the other person around shooting stuff lol.

Ah right. Yes, the campaign is very fun. The only flaw I'd say is that your campaign won't progress if you play your friends campaign. Still getting good loot and the co-op is a lot of fun.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
No the updated corvus area is free for all