• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 13, 2019
residentevil.fandom.com

Bandersnatch

The Bandersnatch (バンダースナッチ, bandāsunatchi?) was a Tyrant - B.O.W. model type developed by the Umbrella Corporation in 1998. The name originates from Lewis Carroll's poems The Hunting of the Snark and Jabberwocky, which give no description of the creature. The Bandersnatch was developed as an...

The Bandersnatch was developed as an offshoot of the Tyrant project, intended for reasons of practicality.The reason for this was simple - those with the necessary genes to be turned into Tyrants were small in number, and the Tyrants themselves were expensive to develop. In short, the Bandersnatch was a 'cost-effective' alternative proposal.

So basically if couldn't afford the real deal, you could've settled for a misshapen, atrophied version that might or might not have killed you once deployed.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Weird side note, but is the RE Wiki woefully brief/undetailed or is it just me?

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Aw, crap. THERE'S A CLOG IN THE TORSO SHOOT.

tumblr_lw4e2r20VU1qztjn5o1_500.png

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
The Bandersnatch is a low cost entry point for fans curious about the brand. Supposed shortcomings like the massive atrophied arm and not having a disk drive might seem like drawbacks to you, but this is really for people who want a secondary BOW or just want to check it out before next gen. Not everything is for you, dude.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I'll take the Bandersnatch over RE Outbreak's Tyrant any day:

latest

That's just a dude! A dude with claws and a exposed heart but otherwise just a dude!

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
It's weird how Umbrella continued developing these bio-weapons, only for them to be defeated by a rocket launcher most of the time.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
You don't get rich selling selvedge denim on Rodeo Drive. You get rich selling $20 blue jeans with a little elastic in the waistband, available all every Walmart and Kohl's in the country.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
They should have repurposed the Ivan models to become EDM artists that would never die or grow tired. Think of the concert profits alone!

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Aside from rockets, they're usually quite weak, and have often been eliminated by a single person.

Umbrella shoulda shelved the Tyrant program ages ago. It's kind of shite.

Don't get me wrong, Umbrella's whole approach to world domination seems poorly thought out. In a world with guns their monsters don't stand much of a chance. Hell, as knife only runs have demonstrated all of their monsters seem very susceptible to being stabbed to death as well. lol

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
The Bandersnatch is a low cost entry point for fans curious about the brand. Supposed shortcomings like the massive atrophied arm and not having a disk drive might seem like drawbacks to you, but this is really for people who want a secondary BOW or just want to check it out before next gen. Not everything is for you, dude.
understood_that_reference_avengers-1.gif

TRUSTNO1

Banned
Dec 28, 2017
Bargain bin Tyrant for a bargain bin Resident Evil.

Probably one of the worst enemies in the series IMO.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I mean, rockets tend to be the weakness of most fleshy creatures.

I know right. Imagine if we lived in the world, where most of military action was pelting massive explosives from a distance. Would make development of fleshy close ranged bioweapons susceptible to explosions a complete and utter laughable waste of resources. Good thing that's not true. umbrella is smart, u guyz, I swear.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Aside from rockets, they're usually quite weak, and have often been eliminated by a single person.

Umbrella shoulda shelved the Tyrant program ages ago. It's kind of shite.
I mean they have their heart exposed, it's the most obvious weak point ever. Gladly the European division saw this problem and came with a solution:

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Don't get me wrong, Umbrella's whole approach to world domination seems poorly thought out. In a world with guns their monsters don't stand much of a chance. Hell, as knife only runs have demonstrated all of their monsters seem very susceptible to being stabbed to death as well. lol
How is it that the cultists from 4 ended up with the best plan for world domination?

"Mind control all of the world leaders" >>>>>>>>>> "Make a bunch of gross monsters that will inevitably turn against us and then get blown up with rocket launchers"

OP
OP
SteelBeast6Beets
May 13, 2019
It's the only Wiki I've ever come across that uses tabs.
Methinks those are more common in wiki dedicated to anime/manga and Tv shows.

latest

That's just a dude! A dude with claws and a exposed heart but otherwise just a dude!
Even in this mutated form he keeps the thong
Thanatos.JPG

How is it that the cultists from 4 ended up with the best plan for world domination?

"Mind control all of the world leaders" >>>>>>>>>> "Make a bunch of gross monsters that will inevitably turn against us and then get blown up with rocket launchers"
And even the cult managed to screw that up due to sheer greed. Saddler could've allowed Leon to rescue Ashley and send her back America to infect the White House but instead he opted to try to retrieve her simply because he planned to extort more money from the American government.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
The Bandersnatch was sooooo broken from a gameplay perspective. They designed an enemy that could hit you from outside of the visible camera range as soon as you entered an area. The HD version made things a little better with the widescreen FOV, but it was still a broken enemy.

As for Umbrella, I love how an evil monster company was ultimately defeated by a combination of the stock market and a public scandal. Hilariously realistic end to a rediculous organization.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

latest

- Why that tyrant is nude?! I CAN SEE HIS DONG!
- He's a Bow, what does it matter?
- I mean, I come from a Christian family.. Is just wrong.
- You are creating killer mutant weapons...
- Yes, but I don't want them naked... Give him a speedo or something.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Haven't really payed attention to Resident Evil's lore, but how does Umbrella continue to get funding again? I think I remember in RE5, Wesker had a rich sugar mommy paying for him right?

JMTF

Aug 27, 2018
Hunters cant be controlled. Tyrants are basically hitmen.
But wesker had them remote controlled Hunters on the code veronica ,
Haven't really payed attention to Resident Evil's lore, but how does Umbrella continue to get funding again? I think I remember in RE5, Wesker had a rich sugar mommy paying for him right?
That First Aid Spray is the good stuff
The generic elixir from many jrpgs but purchasable in pharmacies, and wesker got the money/ monsters from umbrella before re4, he sold stuff to the RE version of Pablo Escobar.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
And unlike other Tyrants, this one still kept his dongus.
The mad scientists were wise to give him a speedo. Human eyes were not meant to witness what lies beneath.
He's a monster, but with enough pudicity to wear a thong.
- Why that tyrant is nude?! I CAN SEE HIS DONG!
- He's a Bow, what does it matter?
- I mean, I come from a Christian family.. Is just wrong.
- You are creating killer mutant weapons...
- Yes, but I don't want them naked... Give him a speedo or something.

So the Monster Hunter team was responsible for the Outbreak games and obviously they're a hyper talented team so was this dude in a banana hammock really the best they could come up with for a Tyrant design? lol

And even the cult managed to screw that up due to sheer greed. Saddler could've allowed Leon to rescue Ashley and send her back America to infect the White House but instead he opted to try to retrieve her simply because he planned to extort more money from the American government.

Saddler was thwarted by greed, Wesker was thwarted by a volcano and Simmons(?) was thwarted by being horny for Ada. lol What a series...

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all forget RE: Survivor .. (which is apparently Canon ?).

They're literally mass producing Mr X's and you even see a factory/assembly line with them.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Code Veronica mentions survivor in the intro...

Which is why cv needs a remake, cut that out and we can forget survivor forever lol.

Also mentioned in Zero's intro which they didn't remove for the remaster .. so Survivor is 100% canon :p

(at least Survivor had some really good files, which did so much more for the series lore than anything in the game's actual plot did).

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Also mentioned in Zero's intro which they didn't remove for the remaster .. so Survivor is 100% canon :p

(at least Survivor had some really good files, which did so much more for the series lore than anything in the game's actual plot did).
I actually like Survivor. But I've got the Japanese version so I can actually use the guncon for it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

Yup. I still remember the Tyrant files in Survivor which detailed how some Tyrants are made, in an incredibly brutal fashion. I kinda want it to stay cannon just for the files sakes, could't really care less about the actual game!

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
At least that's a good plan ruined by greed.

As opposed to Umbrella's plans which are just incompetence across the board.