• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
So just to clarify, I bought Driveclub at launch full-prize but nothing else so far, I have to buy the Season Pass, Drive Club Bikes and Drive Club VR all separately?

And you have to buy the content listed in the OP that isn't included in those. This also means you need to buy all the free content too.

I really wish Fahdi would include that you NEED TO "PURCHASE" the free DLC. All of it, included the stuff that becomes free when you buy the season pass. Buying the season pass is not enough. You will also need to manually search for the AMG expansion.

Alright thanks for the tip! And what's the deal with Driveclub VR? It said I can't buy it unless I have the season-pass o.o

Well that's odd. I bought Driveclub VR even when I didn't own the main game. It's standalone. I'd just gotten a PSVR as a gift and I bought it on sale I think near the beginning of this year.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
And you have to buy the content listed in the OP that isn't included in those. This also means you need to buy all the free content too.

I really wish Fahdi would include that you NEED TO "PURCHASE" the free DLC. All of it, included the stuff that becomes free when you buy the season pass. Buying the season pass is not enough. You will also need to manually search for the AMG expansion.

Well that's odd. I bought Driveclub VR even when I didn't own the main game. It's standalone. I'd just gotten a PSVR as a gift and I bought it on sale I think near the beginning of this year.

Thanks for the warning, on the EU store it seems I have to spend around 50€ then, ah well.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Alright thanks for the tip! And what's the deal with Driveclub VR? It said I can't buy it unless I have the season-pass o.o
There are two items called Driveclub VR in the store. The standalone version, and the cheaper addon for Driveclub owners.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC

Hmmmm, suppose I need to do this.

Here's my question though. Will this all go forward to the PS5?

If not, I'm not wasting my time or money.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK

It depends on if Sony make the hardware back compatible, or use a software solution which needs to be coded per-game like on the Xbox. If it's per-game, when the original dev no longer exists, it might never happen. And we won't know that for some time yet.

(unless we already know and I missed the news)

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I have a problem, I bought the Season Pass yet I still can't buy the discounted 9.99€ Driveclub VR version:

JRxy8QN.png

It says I can't buy this because I lack the Season Pass but:

jUMUaID.png

as you can see here, it says "Bought".

Do I have to bug Sony's customer support? :/

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Okay I have a problem, I bought the Season Pass yet I still can't buy the discounted 9.99€ Driveclub VR version:

JRxy8QN.png

It says I can't buy this because I lack the Season Pass but:

jUMUaID.png

as you can see here, it says "Bought".

Do I have to bug Sony's customer support? :/
Weird, I bought the the VR season pass upgrade today from the EU store. The only difference is that I've owned the season pass for years. Maybe wait an hour, reload the browser and make coffee, then try again, and then bug Sony.

edit: I just double checked because it says DRIVECLUB™ VR (Full Game) in my email receipt, but the price is definitely the discounted rate so it did work.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I bought the the VR season pass upgrade today from the EU store. The only difference is that I've owned the season pass for years. Maybe wait an hour, reload the browser and make coffee, then try again, and then bug Sony.

edit: I just double checked because it says DRIVECLUB™ VR (Full Game) in my email receipt, but the price is definitely the discounted rate so it did work.

Alright I'll wait till tomorrow then just to make sure!

And I'll ask, is Driveclub VR actually worth it if I already have GT Sport in VR?

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

They've already said their next console will be Backwards Compatible.

Even so, it can't hurt to go "buy" the free stuff at very least. But yeah they said in their initial announcement it'd be backwards compatible.

traB-pU-kciP

Mar 30, 2019
Italy
To have the full dlc package we have to buy the EBR liveries which are apart from the season pass and any other dlc

Alright I'll wait till tomorrow then just to make sure!

And I'll ask, is Driveclub VR actually worth it if I already have GT Sport in VR?
The GT Sport vr mode is a joke. Driveclub VR is a full game. There is a demo if you are interested. Personally I think is jem which received an unjustified shit storm like The Order 1886

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
To have the full dlc package we have to buy the EBR liveries which are apart from the season pass and any other dlc

The GT Sport vr mode is a joke. Driveclub VR is a full game. There is a demo if you are interested. Personally I think is jem which received an unjustified shit storm like The Order 1886

Hmm alright, I guess I have to spend way more money on this than I wanted but oh well. I figured out my Season Pass VR dilemma too, apparently the discounted VR version is just for people who bought the Season Pass before some date in 2016 :/

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I've owned this game since release and I'm still gutted that it's being delisted this week.

Still think it's the best racing game on the console.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
So what are the chances for this game to go on sale on it's last day? I mean, other PS exclusives go on sale for <10$ from time to time, why wouldn't they lower this one, specially knowing it'll be gone forever..

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
So what are the chances for this game to go on sale on it's last day? I mean, other PS exclusives go on sale for <10$ from time to time, why wouldn't they lower this one, specially knowing it'll be gone forever..
I would say zero chance. Not only would that be highly irregular activity, like I said before the people doing the sales probably don't even know it's being delisted soon, and obviously don't care even if they do know. It should have been on deep deep sale from a month ago.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
I would say zero chance. Not only would that be highly irregular activity, like I said before the people doing the sales probably don't even know it's being delisted soon, and obviously don't care even if they do know. It should have been on deep deep sale from a month ago.

Yeah you make sense. I'll probably wait until the last day and then get it. I played the demo back then & loved it.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
End of an ERA. Truly makes me sad. One of the most beautiful games I have ever played, even to this day.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
It's shit that licensing issues effect racing games so often. I wonder which manufacturers insist on such short licences. I bet Ferrari is one, after what happened to Outrun 2.

Future_TraX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Basel, Switzerland
Have you gone to the psn website and searched "driveclub" to see if you missed anything? That's a pretty good way to stay on top of the DLC purchases, provided your logged in.
No, i didn't.
There are a few cars i could buy to get them from the start, but i'll get them the regular way, over gameprogression.

I did it the same way as with my first PSN account. And on that, anything is available.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Soooooooooooo anyone got a leveled up or mostly leveled up club I could join?

No, i didn't.
There are a few cars i could buy to get them from the start, but i'll get them the regular way, over gameprogression.

I did it the same way as with my first PSN account. And on that, anything is available.

Not just purchases. "free" items too. If you get the season pass but don't "buy" all the free DLC, then you've done nothing and wasted you're money.

You need to go through, and BUY every single free item. If you don't, you will never be able to access it. This isn't about purchasing the cars in game. It's about ever being able to download them in the first place.

Again, the OP lists a few packs that are not included with the season pass. There are two for the main game. These cannot be gotten by normal progression. They came out long after the season pass. In addition, you need to buy every single free item, as I said, as well as you'll need to manually search for the "AMG" expansion, which, while free, is not listed under DLC for the game on PSN.

Better hurry and do that soon. You should be able to do it from your computer. I did it from my PS4. Regardless. Make sure you "purchase" everything, because when it's removed from the store, it's gone, free or not.

Josecitox

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I'm so sad for the fact that i can't buy DC VR cause i lost my job recently and i can't afford it, specially for how massively expensive the US dollar is here now (i'm from Argentina), Driveclub has taken a significant portion of my playtime this whole gen, one of my favorite racing games ever and the ending of it's redemption story is just sad and unfair. :(

toph

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the thread and discussion. I had the season pass, but went back and pick up the bikes expac and remaining dlcs.

It'll be sad to see it gone.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017

I've got a level 35 club, Cthulhu Systems, with one spare place (just kicked a dickhead ex-friend that was still in there). I can't remember how to invite though, if somebody could remind me you can have the place.

Edit: Figured it out (INVITE FRIENDS, doh!) send me your PSN name if you want the place.

Future_TraX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Basel, Switzerland

Not just purchases. "free" items too. If you get the season pass but don't "buy" all the free DLC, then you've done nothing and wasted you're money.

You need to go through, and BUY every single free item. If you don't, you will never be able to access it. This isn't about purchasing the cars in game. It's about ever being able to download them in the first place.

Again, the OP lists a few packs that are not included with the season pass. There are two for the main game. These cannot be gotten by normal progression. They came out long after the season pass. In addition, you need to buy every single free item, as I said, as well as you'll need to manually search for the "AMG" expansion, which, while free, is not listed under DLC for the game on PSN.

Better hurry and do that soon. You should be able to do it from your computer. I did it from my PS4. Regardless. Make sure you "purchase" everything, because when it's removed from the store, it's gone, free or not.
You saved my ass!
So, now i purchased everything that was "free".
Do i need something else?
Whats with the Back Mono and the other cars?
Do i need to be in a Club above level 15 or something (like the OP said)?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
This is giving me serious FOMO. I already have the free PS+ version and the VR version. Ugh, I hate not having the option to get something, but I shouldn't spend $45 on something I realistically probably won't ever play.

There's always a physical version that will continue to work if I somehow change my mind later, right?