• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy how good the game looks, the bikes DLC is extremely underrated too. Thankfully it will still be playable even when the servers go down. Just make sure you do any MP focused trophy before they do if you plan on Platinum-ing the game in the future.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Earned an accidental Platinum on the 31st of August. I had no intention of checking the trophy list knowing that I may not get around to the online component of it. I had completely forgotten how much of the game I had already played over the years that the last remaining, 1.000.000 XP would come by my way on that last day.

I bought all of them. They are good if you like the base game.
That's quite an accomplishment, gratz! Normally it takes a lot of grinding to get all the trophies from what I remember, so you must've played a wee bit.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
That's quite an accomplishment, gratz! Normally it takes a lot of grinding to get all the trophies from what I remember, so you must've played a wee bit.

Thank you! Yea, I have played it since its launch on and off.

First trophy: 14- Oct- 2014
Platinum: 31- Aug- 2019

I do not believe I have as long of a history with any other game as this. It has been a journey. Hopefully, some Era members can join together to race PVP before the servers are shut down for good next year.

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
So long Driveclub. We were too cruel to you.

Here's a custom faceplate I made long time ago. Still rocking it!

EXIT2Wn.jpg

You made that yourself? That's impressive!

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sad I missed buying the season pass before it was delisted. Fucking digital nightmare.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Here in Canada:

The listing for the game and all its DLC are still up. This is weird because I thought NA store was unified sans pricing discrepancy due to dollar exchange rate.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Actually the listings ARE STILL UP ON NA STORE!

Does the $20 PlayStation hits version listed as a "Bundle" include the season pass? It doesn't state it anywhere on the description if it does.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
Actually the listings ARE STILL UP ON NA STORE!

Does the $20 PlayStation hits version listed as a "Bundle" include the season pass? It doesn't state it anywhere on the description if it does.

They're up but I don't think you can buy them ... nothing happened when I clicked on some. Maybe I was trying to purchase stuff I already owned? There's so much stuff it's confusing.

Kernal 64

#TeamThierry
Oct 28, 2017
NY
You can, I just purchased the season pass a few minutes ago.

If you haven't already done so, make sure you go back into the store and grab all the DLC that's now marked free because you bought the season pass. Buying the season pass doesn't actually add any of the season pass content to your download list because Sony.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
You can, I just purchased the season pass a few minutes ago.
If you haven't already done so, make sure you go back into the store and grab all the DLC that's now marked free because you bought the season pass. Buying the season pass doesn't actually add any of the season pass content to your download list because Sony.

Huh. I must have been trying to add stuff I already have. Will try again tonight.

Oct 25, 2017
Driveclub VR has a season pass? That didn't show up at all on the games store page. Did you need it, or is it just an upgrade for the base game? I thought I bought everything, save for the boosters. What a mess...

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Driveclub VR has a season pass? That didn't show up at all on the games store page. Did you need it, or is it just an upgrade for the base game? I thought I bought everything, save for the boosters. What a mess...

Driveclub VR has no season pass. It's completely standalone with no kind of dlc expansion.

Gamespawn

Oct 25, 2017
Suzuki tour is showing unavailable in the game after I bought it today. Anyone else? Do I have to do something to get it to work?

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how good the game looks, the bikes DLC is extremely underrated too. Thankfully it will still be playable even when the servers go down. Just make sure you do any MP focused trophy before they do if you plan on Platinum-ing the game in the future.

Yup! Fairly easy to do. The only one that'll take any effort is the one for Driveclub bikes (so not even the base game) for getting a podium finish and then saving the replay in the few seconds after the game. Can be done with cars, you just have to start looking for bikes multiplayer and let it time out and kick you into cars. Just did it a couple days ago.

That does not count. It downloaded because everyone gets downloads. That doesn't mean it's licensed to your account. All multiplayer games download all content others could see whether you own it or not.

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
So is the bikes expansion worth $15? Im having fun with the game but i dont know if bikes adds a lot to the main game or if the gameplay changes much

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Yup! Fairly easy to do. The only one that'll take any effort is the one for Driveclub bikes (so not even the base game) for getting a podium finish and then saving the replay in the few seconds after the game. Can be done with cars, you just have to start looking for bikes multiplayer and let it time out and kick you into cars. Just did it a couple days ago.

That does not count. It downloaded because everyone gets downloads. That doesn't mean it's licensed to your account. All multiplayer games download all content others could see whether you own it or not.
I 100% own all the season pass content just by buying it. Nothing shows as not purchased

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
You only had 5 years
People discover things at different times. Couple that with the fact DriveClub had a rocky start and was trashed all over the internet, it's not out of the realm of possibility to think that someone may skipped the game only to realize that the game is actually not as bad as early reviews and impressions indicated.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
So is the bikes expansion worth $15? Im having fun with the game but i dont know if bikes adds a lot to the main game or if the gameplay changes much
You can test it yourself. One of the bikes is a free download, another is free for KTM rank 10. Then choose Bikes from the main game menu. Paying for Bikes just gives you bikes and events on the tracks you already own, so I never thought it was worth anywhere near $15, and when I finally tried playing with a bike I didn't like it.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
You can test it yourself. One of the bikes is a free download, another is free for KTM rank 10. Then choose Bikes from the main game menu. Paying for Bikes just gives you bikes and events on the tracks you already own, so I never thought it was worth anywhere near $15, and when I finally tried playing with a bike I didn't like it.

I never liked bikes in PGR, and since this has the same pedigree I decided to skip it. I suspected I'd feel the same as you so probably glad I saved the $15 for something else.

Jan 17, 2019
People discover things at different times. Couple that with the fact DriveClub had a rocky start and was trashed all over the internet, it's not out of the realm of possibility to think that someone may skipped the game only to realize that the game is actually not as bad as early reviews and impressions indicated.

That's not the excuse. Every day you can google and track the status of game with updates and how things are shaping up.

traB-pU-kciP

Mar 30, 2019
Italy
DC was hit by the same shit storm that also hit The Order 1886 from internet assholes that don't accept that a good game is not available on their preferred platform. 90% of "journalist" expressed mixed or lower opinions just because they were not invited (with no cost for them) to play the game as publisher usually do (remember, nobody makes anything for nothing).
I'm pretty sure that no one of them have understood how exciting is to beat a challenge (against friends); so they trashed one of the best feature of the game.
Some have re-write the review when the game was almost feature complete; unfortunately It was too late.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So uh, did Sony just forget to remove everything from the US store?

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017

Thanks for replying! But may i know the name of the free download bike as i couldnt find it in the driveclub dlcs section in the store.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
That's not the excuse. Every day you can google and track the status of game with updates and how things are shaping up.
We don't all spend every waking moment browsing Era and game news. Even as someone who checks Era a few times a week, I just found out that DuckTales Remastered was de-listed on August 9th. Thankfully I was able to find a Wii U copy at a local EB Games.

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
I've spent by far the most hours in Driveclub this gen as far as racers go.
It was better than most "sim" racers this gen as well, at least for what ps4 had on offer.

broflap

Oct 25, 2017
Woahh completely forgot about this, managed to nah the VR. Thinking of getting the base game, but I have it on disc and the is plus version so I don't know if it's smart to do that 🤔

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
So for the folks who are writing about the game being already de-listed, presumably, they are not visiting the NA store. Well, at this point, I am wondering whether they will extend its stay there.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
can't you "edit" then copy and paste the old post? or do you not want to log in. haha.
Don't want to log in but let me see if I got a bookmark still

You should know what's starred out

When the free version dropped
https://www./threads/driveclub-photo-contest-free-india.1074893/#post-170834690

Original
https://www./threads/driveclub-photo-contest-hallway-photography.906467/

Last edited:

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: hostility towards another member

Dude. There are WAY too many games to keep track of at once, and way more than one can buy. I can't ever tell when something is going to be good or not. Sometimes you'll spend a while trying different games and none of them quite grab you. That shit takes time for some of us. Plus, sometimes you wait to pick up a game that's totally different to something you've played before, because frankly, most people can't afford to just throw down $60 at launch for something they might not even like. Then, other things take their attention away and they lose track. Because again, there's TOO. FUCKING. MANY GAMES. "If you really cared." Dude, you're missing the point. I didn't care, because I couldn't care, because I'd...ya know, NEVER PLAYED IT. How the fuck am I supposed to know whether I'll care about it. I've been wrong both ways way too many times. It's not because I don't "know my tastes." It's that I, and a lot of people like me, like experiencing new things. Some of those click, others take a little longer to click, and some never click at all.

Like dude, hell sometimes people don't even know games exist, or in this case, hear everywhere that it's bad. I spend a lot of time on Era but all I ever heard was that it was a complete and utter shit show. Why would I investigate further? There are too many games to look into to see if they really are a shit show 5 years later. Given that even when on "sale" recently it still cost me over $60 to grab the content for Driveclub, that's fucking expensive for me still. I'm sorry but I can't spend that much money on every game I might be interested in. I don't know when I'll enjoy a game or not.

I really fucking thought I'd enjoy Monster Hunter World, and guess what for the very first bit I did, but ultimately it had too many aspects that annoyed and stressed me out, so I dropped it. That was $60. Gone because well sorry but I prefer digital. But physical still wouldn't help a whole lot because my time is not constantly available consistently. Sorry, life exists. I will never have enough money to try the games I want. But what about say, Dark Souls? I never, ever would have thought I'd enjoy it, but it was FREE on xbox games with gold way back and I loved the hell out of it...eventually. That game was so incredible in changed my life, and I never would have even tried it. Because of that I've learned to be more open about what I try, but with that comes the fact that there are WAY. TOO. MANY. And at some point I've gotta prioritize based on how games look, what people say about them, gut feeling, and availability.

Like, I'm sorry I don't have infinite money to try everything I want to at launch, and I'm sorry that I don't enjoy every game that I buy, but I've got to spend my money wisely, because yeah, maybe I don't spend a full $60 for a game I like, but just because I didn't spend $60 on that game doesn't mean that I didn't spend $100 on games before I found it. That's such a myopic fucking view. You can't look at this shit in a vacuum. Why the hell does this need to be explained to you? And I don't have people I can borrow games from, and rentals are far too expensive for me to figure out if I like them or not.

Moreover, I'm supposed to fucking be able to enjoy games. Ya know, like, as a luxury. A pass time. All of ya'll would say "don't force yourself to play shit you don't want to play." Well yeah, so I don't. I play what I feel like playing. Guess what, as a human, that fucking changes. 6 months ago I was really deep into Destiny 2. I wouldn't have time nor would I have cared enough to enjoy Driveclub. Lately, I've been feeling racing games more, and I was going to do Forza 6 but I heard this was getting delisted and a lot of people lamented that saying it was a great game, so I tried it instead, and wow, it's great, despite everything I'd heard about it before recently. Similar happened with Gravity Rush. I loved the online aspect of Gravity Rush 2, but I'd been trying to do other things that also were going away, so I didn't have a ton of time with it, but the time I did have was wonderful. And I was only lucky enough to try those two because I have a PS4. Most people can't own every console so are physically unable to try some games financially. "You have no excuse" fuck OFF.

Every purchase is a bet, no matter how many of my friends my like or dislike a game. I don't know a single person who I trust to recommend games who would have recommended Dust an Elysian Tale, and guess what, I fucking love that game. Everyone I know told me to try Gears of War 4, and while I loved the previous games, I really didn't like it at all and still haven't finished it. I never would have thought to play Viva Pinata but I adore it and it's like my favorite game ever. NieR I never would have played because I HAD NEVER HEARD OF IT despite being on GAF constantly. Like, sorry? But a random classmate mentioned it, and I tried it. Holy shit I still use its music to fall asleep.

I am constantly on the hunt for games that will stir in me those magical feelings that I'll never get like them again ever. A lot of those of us who are huge fans of video games are that way. Like, fucking forgive us for being humans with lives and limited time and resources trying to find meaningful games that impact them and provide them with lasting memories when we get annoyed that a game we were interested in but couldn't try gets delisted. And don't fucking mock me with some "lol Driveclub is gonna give you lasting memories" why the fuck do you think you get to judge what people value and enjoy?

Like seriously, I'm so fucking tired of this weird pseudo-idealistic, axiomatic, theoretical out of touch accusatory bullshit. Nothing works as neat and tidy as you act like it does. And what's worse, get the fuck out of here with that audacity to come in here and tell people off and fucking scold them like children because they didn't align with your myopic viewpoint. "ThAt's No ExCUse." Where the fuck do you get off talking to people like that? Especially when you haven't taken a single moment to consider the practical reality of this situation, and act as if everyone just has infinite attention. You have no fucking excuse for being such a prick. Seriously. Fuck. Off.

Last edited:

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit it really is still all there on the US store, isn't it? Wonder why EU got the shitty end of the stick then.

Fucking Sony.

Jun 23, 2019

You need to take a step away from the computer after that. You might not have liked his response, but he's not wrong. This game has been around for 5 years and has constantly been praised as one of the best racing games of the generation. If you didn't get the chance to play it, I'm sorry, but that's on nobody, but yourself especially considering the game had been cheap for years. Going on a rant and telling people to fuck off isn't making your point any more salient than his.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
You need to take a step away from the computer after that. You might not have liked his response, but he's not wrong. This game has been around for 5 years and has constantly been praised as one of the best racing games of the generation. If you didn't get the chance to play it, I'm sorry, but that's on nobody, but yourself especially considering the game had been cheap for years. Going on a rant and telling people to fuck off isn't making your point any more salient than his.

I am tired of people criticizing others and talking down to them, telling them what they "ought to have done" and that they have "no excuse." It's nonsense. It's demeaning, and ignores that real life is complicated. It's an asshat thing to do, and I'm so fucking sick of it every time anyone ever in any thread anywhere on this forum dares to express disappointment at a delisting of any given game. Telling someone they have "no excuse" for not having to have been up to speed on every game they might have interest in as if it's some ineptitude and not just, ya know, fucking life, is an entitled, presumptuous, asshole thing to do. That's not how life works, and acting like someone is at fault for something slipping past them is so stupid. Not everyone can be on Era every day hearing about every game that they might be interested in, so when they are reminded about a game by hearing about its delisting, it's fucking fine to let them express dismay at that without being an asshat and telling them they have "no excuse" to dislike that. Plus, again. Funds. Not everyone can scrounge up money when we do hear a game we wanted is getting delisted but will remain fairly pricey. Some of us are poor. "No excuse" my ass.

So sorry for the rant but this happens EVERY. TIME.

He has no point. His point is criticizing others for not living in his idealized world where everyone has access and awareness and funds and time for the things they want to pursue. You can't criticize someone for prioritizing one game over another and then being sad that they had no way of knowing they should have done it the other way.

If I decide, hey, I wanna play two games, but hm it's a tossup, I'll go with A, and then B suddenly gets delisted sometimes with no warning, that fucking sucks. I don't have "no excuse" for not having played B. I just decided on A, but I wanted both. Because ya know, people can like more than one thing.

So extend that to the immense complexity that is life and it just becomes so bizarre and silly to criticize someone that they didn't prioritize which order they went about acquiring games that they wanted to play or didn't even know they wanted to play until later, when they had no way of knowing how things would shake out in the end.

It's a shitty, insulting thing to do. Don't fucking excuse it.

EDIT: also

This game has been around for 5 years and has constantly been praised as one of the best racing games of the generation.

This is where this fucking tone deaf stuff gets fucking annoying. Maybe where YOU were, it was. For me, all I heard it was incredibly divisive and shitty and not worth it, while some people said the driving was okay. Hell even people I knew who loved the driving specifically said the game was just broken and not worth it for quite a while.

"has been praised." yeah, so what? You act as if the space you inhabit is the world. That's why this is so annoying. You aren't recognizing that others can occupy other spaces than you do, even within similar websites. That's why I used the word "myopic." You're only seeing what you've seen and acting like it's just so obvious and everywhere. You're placing your world on other people, who didn't inhabit that world, and placing judgement that would be applicable to you with the knowledge you had, on them who did not have that knowledge. Again. There are a lot of fucking games out there. Quit acting like everyone knows everything about every game, because in order to match up to your line of thinking, they would have to if they never wanted to get criticized for missing out on a game. That's just not realistic and presumptuous as hell.

Last edited: