• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wave Hand - "You Will buy The books"

• I will buy The Books.

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • No, Why do i need to buy the books to understand movies story?

Votes: 210 89.4%

• Total voters

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Just Like TFA and TLJ.
To more Understand Movies Story, You must need to buy these two books.

dVMYhkn.jpg

Release 20 December 2019 (Same day as movie lanch)

2k0wTW6.jpg

Release 3 march 2020

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
if i need to buy two books to understand a movie's story....

(i doubt this is going to be the case but lol)

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
No thanks, movie tickets are expensive enough and I don't need to be milked further by Disney

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I think I understood the story of the last two films fine so I'll pass thanks. Now if you had said buy the artbook then yeah that's a definite.

BrianAltano

Verified
Feb 2, 2018
San Francisco, California
I've been buying/collecting these books for every accompanying Star Wars film since the Special Edition ones released in the late '90s, but by no means are they necessary or mandatory to understand the film's stories more. They merely act as supplemental content and detailed looks at props, costumes, and concept art and I'm a huge dork for those things.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, appreciate your threads reminding us there's a new Star Wars movie coming out soon, in case we've forgotten.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol these topics have become just straight-up advertisements now

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I always buy these books and love them. Is there no Incredible Cross Sections this time around, though? It seems like it's just the Visual Dictionary, with some Cross Sections included. It'd be a shame to break the streak now.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Got better things to put my money towards than merch for this half assed new trilogy lol. I'll see the last movie eventually and that will be that

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
That's right!
Also please do not forget to buy Ultra Line Kylo's Lightsaber for only $199.99! Hell, for all you plastic crap lovers we also have the new LEGO Millenium Falcon model for insanely low price of $799.99!

Get'em while they are still hot!

tshirt.jpg

OP
OP
Yukari

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
But why? Can't I just watch the movie?
I'm sure you're joking.

Well, If TLJ Visual Dictionary can make me learn to know more about Snoke than Movies did.
So ROS Visual Dictionary can make me learn to know more about Sheev too!!!

I always buy these books and love them. Is there no Incredible Cross Sections this time around, though? It seems like it's just the Visual Dictionary, with some Cross Sections included. It'd be a shame to break the streak now.

Yeah, No Separate Incredible Cross-Sections books.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting a waft if that astroturfy smell.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Me, reading OP's thread title:

giphy.gif

Also, no. Pacific Rim fans already tried this.

You really need to buy the book to understand the movie!

No. No, I don't.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Books are always better and fill in missing story.

The Revenge of the Sith book is a great example of this. It goes into more palpatine back story and how he snuck his lightsaber in

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
It's a passive-aggressive "the sequel trilogy doesn't explain things well" thread with a hint of "Disney does this on purpose so you buy more stuff".

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I hate it when a movie series says to have to read books / comics to get the whole story. I just want to watch the damn movies.
"In addition to watching 23 films, you now also need to be an active subscriber to Disney+ and read 47 books in order to understand what's going on in the next MCU film. Have fun!" -Disney