• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
OMG this just gave me a wave of nostalgia!

I remember some gummy bug treats that used to have a liquid centre that would pop when you bit them? I can't for the life of me remember the name but I used to love them!

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I remember these, obviously bolstered by their comedic exaggerated presence in Ed, Ed, n Eddy. Real talk though, how were you even supposed to eat those? They were enormous, you couldn't possibly fit one in your mouth. What was the actual intended method of consumption?
I would lick them and suck on the sides until I could just barely fit it in my mouth lol

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
b9283b88-ab0f-4147-9eaa-8d6b3b91e648.387045d881932fcc8eb278d06464b3b3.jpeg

Gummy Rats

Classic-80s-Candy-Bonkers-is-Back-and-Its-Vegan.jpg

Bonkers

ck_wax_bottles-2634_2048x.jpg

Wax Bottle Candy too!

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was Canadian only, but we had this drink called Orbitz, and I can NEVER find the commercials online.

I think it was around for like 1 year, and i REALLY wanted to try it but was too poor to have my own cash to buy novelty soda
I think novelty snack is the perfect descriptor since it's just "we have this drink, let's put floating shit in it" sold entirely on the premise of being weird and novel

Oh these were DEFINITELY in America as well.

I think you lucked out, because the mouth feel was nasty. It was like drinking a vaguely fruit flavoured carbonated soda with some Cottage cheese consistency chews in there. Bubble tea with the LARGE pearls are fine, but these tiny orbs were nasty.

They were so visually interesting, but absolutely terrible to drink.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Oh these were DEFINITELY in America as well.

I think you lucked out, because the mouth feel was nasty. It was like drinking a vaguely fruit flavoured carbonated soda with some Cottage cheese consistency chews in there. Bubble tea with the LARGE pearls are fine, but these tiny orbs were nasty.

They were so visually interesting, but absolutely terrible to drink.

We ran experiments on Orbitz bottles in my high school Advanced Chemistry course in the late 90s. If you added enough salt you'd see the matrix that held the orbs in place.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Wow you've pulled out some deep memories with that 'baby bottle pop, baby bottle pop' jingle.

Swimble_87

Oct 27, 2017
While it isn't a jingle as such, I do want to just take this opportunity to pay tribute to the classic Wrigleys gum advert from 1990/1991 which features the song "All Right Now" by Free and is set on some kind of coach ride through the US desert - for some reason this one has remained firmly lodged in my brain for 30 years.

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
Built a little house out of Lego shaped candy the other week. I think I ate about 1.5 walls before I decided that's too much sugar for a 30 something year old.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
This song is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. I hope you're happy!!!!!!

I always loved how with the ring pops you end up with the top of your hand coated in saliva.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
They're still delicious. I stopped buying them whenever they put codes on a paper in the powder. Not sure if they stopped that.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
god I heard the jingle in my head the second I read the title. had no clue the jonas brothers made an album version of it…what??

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
I think it was Canadian only, but we had this drink called Orbitz, and I can NEVER find the commercials online.

I think it was around for like 1 year, and i REALLY wanted to try it but was too poor to have my own cash to buy novelty soda
I think novelty snack is the perfect descriptor since it's just "we have this drink, let's put floating shit in it" sold entirely on the premise of being weird and novel

My mom kind of went crazy for this stuff back in the day and ordered a crate of them. We were drinking these for a very long time. The taste wasn't bad from what I recall, but I could never quite get over slurping down those little globules.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
lkHiyNt.gif

I remember being a dumbass kid and lighting my candy cigarettes thinking it made me look cool (wouldnt stay lit, but would burn the tip). Somehow I managed to avoid becoming a smoker, but it's weird to look back on those being a thing.

What you needed was the bubblegum cigarettes with the powdered surgar "smoke" (but not these, because I can't find a pic of the kind I'm talking about)
81TmHD6UlTL._SL1500_.jpg

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 30

I quite literally sing the baby bottle pop jingle to my cat everyday of my life, just changing the lyrics to whatever my relevant task is

🎵 Baby kitty food 🎵

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't thought about Baby Bottle Pops since the 90s but somehow instantly remembered the jingle by looking at this thread title. (I have a poor memory as well)

That is the sign of a good jingle!

Oct 25, 2017
lkHiyNt.gif

I remember being a dumbass kid and lighting my candy cigarettes thinking it made me look cool (wouldnt stay lit, but would burn the tip). Somehow I managed to avoid becoming a smoker, but it's weird to look back on those being a thing.
I still can't believe it was a thing as recent as 20-25 years ago.
I loved those and the bubblegum ones as a kid...
funny thing is I thought they were cool but despised actual cigarettes all my life.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see whistle pops. But many of the others still exist. My kids have had bottle pops, ring pops, fun dip, big league chew, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
I very much enjoyed this needlessly thorough deep dive into Baby Bottle Pops and their adjacent sugary variants. Thank you OP.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus - haven't thought about Push Pops or Ring Pops in about 25 years - they were massive here. Don't remember the baby bottle ones.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's little more 90s than:

BYekFVn.png

Orbitz did turn up in the UK, too.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
While it isn't a jingle as such, I do want to just take this opportunity to pay tribute to the classic Wrigleys gum advert from 1990/1991 which features the song "All Right Now" by Free and is set on some kind of coach ride through the US desert - for some reason this one has remained firmly lodged in my brain for 30 years.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
I remember the actual candy being especially chalky with these (but the garbage can made for a fun accessory for TMNT toys and the like). Apparently you can still get them online.
Yeah they were like SweeTarts in garbage shapes. Nothing special but I must have bought like a hundred of those little cans over the years.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
The baby bottle pop jingle/theme is forever seared into my brain. Dementia alone could strip the memory of that thing from me.