• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Rogue & Joseph had a lot to do with it, too.

142534-91240-joseph.jpg

After all, he was originally portrayed as Magneto reborn rather than a clone of Magneto.
Actually it started when Rogue and Magneto were on the Savage Land.

That's why Rogue is the one to confront Magento in X-Men #1.

Then them being married with a child in the Age of Apocalypse.

Then Joseph stuff.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Kitty's true love is Rachel please excuse yourself from the conversation.

Hi

Kitty is mega poly. Rachel and Illyana are her primaries

I literally built an X-Team

A SeX-Team?

Based on women she could get with.

www.resetera.com

You Could Build a Bitchin X-Team Using Just Women Who Are Definitely Gay For/Would Date Kate Pryde or Maybe Could Be/Might

The age of the Peter Team is over You fuckin' hear my Slayven The future is Lady! Leader of the Team: Kate Pryde obviously Team in order of likelyhood of dating Kate: Rachel Summers, Illyana Rasputin, Emma Frost, Xi'an Coy Mahn, Rahne Sinclair. I'm sure there are more because like what...

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi

Kitty is mega poly. Rachel and Illyana are her primaries

I literally built an X-Team

A SeX-Team?

Based on women she could get with.

www.resetera.com

You Could Build a Bitchin X-Team Using Just Women Who Are Definitely Gay For/Would Date Kate Pryde or Maybe Could Be/Might

The age of the Peter Team is over You fuckin' hear my Slayven The future is Lady! Leader of the Team: Kate Pryde obviously Team in order of likelyhood of dating Kate: Rachel Summers, Illyana Rasputin, Emma Frost, Xi'an Coy Mahn, Rahne Sinclair. I'm sure there are more because like what...

Okay I hear you but what if instead Kitty dated a middle aged man named Peter who definitely isn't the current writer's vicarious self insert.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus you don't have to come at Slayven 's soul like that

Hey I'm not (just) calling out Slayven's tragic and misguided love for Pete Wisdom.

Some jerk got it in his head that Kitty and Colossus wasn't actually a child crushing on a nice older boy who lets her down because he will literally never be able to reciprocate but was in fact twu wuv, and then Bendis did it twice in Ultimate Spider-Man, and again with fucking Star Lord of all people.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Hey I'm not (just) calling out Slayven's tragic and misguided love for Pete Wisdom.

Some jerk got it in his head that Kitty and Colossus wasn't actually a child crushing on a nice older boy who lets her down because he will literally never be able to reciprocate but was in fact twu wuv, and then Bendis did it twice in Ultimate Spider-Man, and again with fucking Star Lord of all people.

She got tired of peters (heeeeh)

And now wants the ladies (yasss)

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
All the criticisms about Gambit are true. But I will always love the character anyway.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
People are just being plain wrong in this thread, I might have to lock it

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
Yes I remember. That is Joe Mad as the artist on that run! Literally one of my all time fav artist.

Battle Chasers for life!

Speaking of, that comic is coming back officially with a new artist approved by Joe.
Super pissed about that. It was part of the Batrlechasers kickstarter and implied Joe Mad would draw it. I just don't understand how he concepts full games and extra marvel stuff but can't finish the last issue.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I love when people say "I dont understand how this swaggy / bad boy / edgy character is so popular"

don't you? REALLY?

also re: Kitty Pryde and Rasputins, the only Rasputin she belongs with

legiao_9vpeXl1_J2g0.jpeg

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Slayven real talk time

5 old and obscure Marvel comics you would recommend that you GENUINELY love and not just meme about.

go

*readies the Marvel Unlimited search bar

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love when people say "I dont understand how this swaggy / bad boy / edgy character is so popular"

don't you? REALLY?

I know right

"Why is this hot dangerous rebel French speaking guy with a secret heart of gold who has super cool powers so popular? I just don't get it. Don't they know Hal Jordan is right there?"

Lord Bandi

Apr 30, 2020
Super pissed about that. It was part of the Batrlechasers kickstarter and implied Joe Mad would draw it. I just don't understand how he concepts full games and extra marvel stuff but can't finish the last issue.

I hear you, I felt that way too but I sorta just got over it cause there is nothing I can do to change it and it's damn shame.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I haven't made it that far.

I do remember when the x-men got their ass handed to them by a Dr. Frankenstein's (alien made automaton) monster.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Slayven real talk time

5 old and obscure Marvel comics you would recommend that you GENUINELY love and not just meme about.

go

The 80's Hawkeye mini is legit, it's where they introduced mockingbird
I haven't made it that far.

I do remember when the x-men got their ass handed to them by a Dr. Frankenstein's (alien made automaton) monster.
Hey Frankie is cool

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
I have this very comic in a pile somewhere. I actually thought it was a good storyline. It gave Gbit s bit of depth. I was never really a big fan of him before.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Slayven real talk time

go

Hawkeye Vol 3, skip the matt fraction dung. Clint being down and out and broing it up with the amazing Blazing Skull

Silver Surfer vol 5, this is a different take. It presents Surfer as more as a framing device and super alien and eldritchy
latest

Slingers
latest

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the worst thing that has ever been said on this website.

Let the man speak.

I'm not gonna comment on the quality, I haven't read it, but I have experienced the fallout that came from the series that took Hawkeye, a swashbuckling loudmouth carnie with such an ego that he thought he could take on a billionaire in a flying death tank with a bow and arrow, and then turned him into The Regular Joe of the team who very relatably screws up and looks silly even though Hawkeye saved the effing day as much as anyone.

I'm sure Fraction Hawkeye is good, it wouldn't get so much praise otherwise, but goddamn was it not worth it.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Let the man speak.

I'm not gonna comment on the quality, I haven't read it, but I have experienced the fallout that came from the series that took Hawkeye, a swashbuckling loudmouth carnie with such an ego that he thought he could take on a billionaire in a flying death tank with a bow and arrow, and then turned him into The Regular Joe of the team who very relatably screws up and looks silly even though Hawkeye saved the effing day as much as anyone.

I'm sure Fraction Hawkeye is good, it wouldn't get so much praise otherwise, but goddamn was it not worth it.
Fraction's Hawkeye was great and did add little touches that help the character stand out more -- like him having his hearing damaged and still being a superhero even though he has to rely on hearing aids (that came from Tony Stark so he might as well have not lost his hearing, but still) -- but in the grand scheme, I think it did more harm than good to both Hawkeyes. They were most definitely better characters before that run than they were after.

Hawkeye: Freefall makes up for the tonal shift and works to balance both aspects, but it would've been better if it didn't have to keep in line with the post-Fraction personality quirks, IMO.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
If you guys wanted an alternate ending, there's a What If comic where Archangel hunts down Gambit for the massacre. It's not that bad actually.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Apocalypse is most certainly liked because of the animated series where he was actually a great villain with a memorable performance.
He went 2-for-2 on great appearances with Evolution. Wolverine and the X-Men would have done Age of Apocalypse if they had a second season.