• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Kamen Rider Ex-aid is about doctors using the power of video games to defeat viruses. Viruses created by an evil video game CEO. The CEO had game the power to control time, so they needed something new. So they had made a new game.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
You could summarize basically every Kamen Rider show into a couple of sentences and go "why in the world is that even a plot?"

In fact I'm trying to think of one that had a coherent plot that didn't sound batshit insane.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
this feels like a thinly veiled attempt to get people on this forum into kamen rider lol

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking this show just finished... but it aired in 2016.

I have no concept of time anymore...

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I will forever be amused that the lead of Ex-Aid is clearly based on Fighter Roar, the lead of an a series of Kamen Rider/Ultraman/Gundam crossover games.

Kroze

Oct 28, 2017
Kuroto Dan always be the TRUE god and knows what is best for all of his subjects!

I seriously love that meme lord and how hard the actor leaned into it.

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
Yes,
Yes I do.

Best Kamen Rider villain? ✅ *
Most traumatic Kamen Rider Christmas episode? ✅

* will accept Evolt as an alternative answer

And the writer went on to pen Zero - One which was pretty damn great

Last edited:

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
You didn't include the fact that the reason the lead can become a Kamen Rider is because he was infected by the virus for sending fanart/ game ideas to the evil game company.

Or that the movie featured a corrupted Pac-Man so they could tie in the preceding Rider, Kamen Rider Ghost.

(Ex-Aid was fucking fantastic)

Kroze

Oct 28, 2017
Most traumatic Kamen Rider Christmas episode?

The fact that Toei actually had to issue an apology for that episode and how many people they scarred for that being the show's "Christmas" episode made Ex-Aid one of the most legendary Rider shows hands down.

Ex-Aid being all "WUT UP NOW GAIM?"

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
My first Rider series!

I was not warned about the Christmas episode. 😭

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Best Kamen Rider villain? ✅ *
Most traumatic Kamen Rider Christmas episode? ✅

* will accept Evolt as an alternative answer

And the writer went on to pen Zero - One which was pretty damn great

I was going to say I might give that title to Evolt though I do like Ex-Aids. I do think they might have overused both or perhaps introduced them too earlier. Or revealed in Evolt's case. I also like Banno from Drive.

Didn't Kabuto also have a really traumatic episode air on Christmas?

Dec 30, 2020
I love how the zombie revival from death started off as one of the freakiest looking things I've ever seen, and then quickly became the silliest with his butt popping out of Mario pipes during respawn.

and yes, Kabuto's Christmas episode is still the saddest damn thing with Sasword.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Kuroto Dan always be the TRUE god and knows what is best for all of his subjects!

I seriously love that meme lord and how hard the actor leaned into it.

hUzlDyu.gif