• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Not even that hot
Green-Lantern-Vol-2-116-By-Denny-ONeill-and-Alex-Saviuk-DC-Comics-1979.jpg

tumblr_pja3y97lph1stk93d_1280.jpg

Green-Arrow-7-By-Kevin-Smith-and-Phil-Hester-DC-Comics-2000.png

latest

MamaSpaghetti

Banned
Mar 17, 2022
The recipe card sounds fine, but I've never had those specific "chili powders", are they actually hot or whats the joke here

Looking them up, New Mexico seems like a medium heat.
Gebhardt sounds savory not very spicy
California seems very mild

Where is this heat coming from šŸ¤£

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
This is what all white people chili is like out here in Kansas.

It's disgustingly boring.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I just put chili powder and cayenne in mine. I don't need it super spicy.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's an odd bit for Queen. He was a rich kid growing up. Feels like they were trying to unsuccessful channel Gambit instead.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, "Tabasco sauce to taste" can definitely bring the heat level pretty high if you use enough of it.

But yeah, 1tsp of cayenne and the bit of chili powders there won't do much 'cept add a nice non-lingering punch.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When the world was fundamentally altered during Trinity, the "foul, scorched taste" of Ollie's Chili was one of the few things capable of reminding a godlike Batman of the reality he had come from, when he was reminded of it by Dick Grayson.

Apparently plot relevant!

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna say, that recipe doesn't actually look that bad.. lol.

I've been making a sort of enchilada casserole soup/chili-like thing lately where I double up the spices that the recipe calls for, and even that's not too bad. It's got a bit of a kick, and people who hate spice would probably run for the hills, but I've had far hotter.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's my poor comprehension of English, but is the joke about his chili being awful or that it's so good but painful to eat?

Because if it's the latter, Green Arrow would definitely love eating a Mexican dish flavoured with chile de Ɣrbol. That thing fucking BURNS. Sure, it's no habanero but it's in the fine line between "oh fuck you're gonna make me drink milk" and "this tastes awesome".

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Maybe it's my poor comprehension of English, but is the joke about his chili being awful or that it's so good but painful to eat?

Because if it's the latter, Green Arrow would definitely love eating a Mexican dish flavoured with chile de Ɣrbol. That thing fucking BURNS. Sure, it's no habanero but it's in the fine line between "oh fuck you're gonna make me drink milk" and "this tastes awesome".
The joke is that it's too spicy.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
The problem isn't that it's hot. It's just bad. Ollie probably dumps a shitton of cheap "tabasco" into the pot and then burns the shit out of his chili while cooking it.

When the world was fundamentally altered during Trinity, the "foul, scorched taste" of Ollie's Chili was one of the few things capable of reminding a godlike Batman of the reality he had come from, when he was reminded of it by Dick Grayson.

Apparently plot relevant!
Case in point. Things don't taste "scorched" because they're spicy.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
The "secret" to this recipe is that Ollie is secretly a terrible cook who doesn't follow directions or measure ingredients properly, and it always tastes horrible when HE cooks it.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
The "secret" to this recipe is that Ollie is secretly a terrible cook who doesn't follow directions or measure ingredients properly, and it always tastes horrible when HE cooks it.
Bingo.

I can't imagine Alfred doubling up on the spices.
Alfred knows how to make good spicy as shit food if he has to and you know Bruce went through a phase when he was 12 where he thought is was of critical importance that he become immune to spicy foods just in case.