• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
This is from the classic "Marvel Two-in-One #8" from March 1975.

This issue stats when Ghost Rider is just doing his thing and joyriding down the road in Arizona. All of a sudden he encounters the Three Wise Men. But he says "ain't nobody got time for that" and heads off.

marvel-two-in-one-8-2.jpg

Turns out something is amiss at Wyatt Wingfoot's tribe's reservation. Reed Richards notices this (of course) and Ben Grimm decides to check things out. He meets up with his buddy Ghost Rider and they don very effective disguises so no one will recognize them. Then they see the nativity scene:
marvel-two-in-one-8-5.jpg

turns out this loser Miracle Man orchestrated this who mess because he wanted to....somehow...become a God. But he wasn't expecting Marvel's Dynamic Duo to show up and they easily defeat him. And everything goes back to normal. Except that the reservation takes in the miracle baby...

Ben wonders if Jesus protected him during the fight or Satan. Then Ghost Rider bids them adios.

marvel-two-in-one-8-7.jpg

I leaned about this forgotten tale of Marvel lore from this article on cbr.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
ofc everyone knows that the official language of ancient Bethlehem is modern English.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Slavyen for my daily reminder of how weird old........wait, you're not Slavyen, you're an imposter!

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Comics are great. I half-expected the Rider to say "do not be afraid" in that third panel.

And that disguise is just beautiful. He looks stunning.

Comics are great.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus being canon has some disturbing implications for the various really shitty Christians who show up in the Marvel universe. Maybe he was taken out by House of M though.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus being canon has some disturbing implications for the various really shitty Christians who show up in the Marvel universe. Maybe he was taken out by House of M though.
I always liked Crusader, a evangical that believed in god so hard it gave him superpowers, and he set out to kill Thor because he was a pagan god

Oct 8, 2019
You forgot the second time them met, where Jesus literally saves his life
ghostriderjesus5.jpg

Jim Shooter screwing Tony Isabella by rewriting Ghost Rider to turn Satan into Mephisto and having Jesus Christ not redeem Ghost Rider by explaining that Jesus was another trick by Mephisto is the worse thing Jim Shooter ever did as editor.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
MCU would never have a white Yurop play Jesus in the decade of our Lord the 2020s

It'd be someone like Mehdi Dehbi who played Jesus (or did he?) in The Messiah.

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F8ed65b34-16bd-11ea-9c0b-093df0cbf5ab.jpg