• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
"Our" Havok got blown into an alternative universe where he inhabited the body of that Havok and lead the mutant team The Six. In that universe Steve Rogers died but the goverment created a new Cap using SSS, but they found out too late that the new cap was a mutant. They rolled with it but the SSS had amped his powers and made him unstable. Cap joins the Six on a secret mission into Canada to save mutants from nick fury and SHIELD(they evil in this universe and the public is ok with mutants). The US sent the Avengers to retrieve Cap and the Six, but the stress of devided loyalites made Cap snap.

2a7842600c9aef27446ac0f8d1bf88a42724e292r1-330-500v2_00.jpg

4620574-4043910-mutant%2Bx%2B%23031%2B-%2B15.jpg

It ends with Cap vs Havok, full DBZ style
Mutant+X+%23031+-+17.jpg

Mutant+X+%23031+-+19.jpg

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slayven continues his Mutant X propaganda that it was a good comic and not inherently bad because it's about Havok.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I love crazy alternate universe cap.

What character has had your favorite alt in the comics? Cap in secret empire (?) where he's a hydra man is unique. I think he also zipped around different dimensions trying to get back home. Maybe 8 years ago
The Mastro hulk

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Some times universes have slim pickings
latest
Wow. The Death's Head 2 miniseries.

That's actually a deeper cut then then Mutant X. Where the end of the world happens because Baron Strucker the Tenth merges with the body of the Original Death's Head and becomes an all powerful demon with a time travel machine.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Wow. The Death's Head 2 miniseries.

That's actually a deeper cut then then Mutant X. Where the end of the world happens because Baron Strucker the Tenth merges with the body of the Original Death's Head and becomes an all powerful demon with a time travel machine.
Death's Head II freaked me the fuck out when I was little. I remember opening up an issue of Death's Head II and being like "Wait, what's going on here?! He's killing all of the superheroes!" I hadn't seen anything like that before in a comic. Shortly after that is when I came across Infinity Gauntlet and was just like "Holy shit!"

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
I love when Slayven shows up with a "check out this wack comic shit" thread each week. I always learn so much, haha.

I will also say, the proportions on this Cap are very interesting.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing. Havok is legit one of my favorite characters, and I've never heard of this before.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been meaning to reread Mutant X for three years now. I'm sure if I keep talking about it, I'll get closer to actually doing that.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
The line about being loyal to the "flag" reminds me that I've always been curious.

Seeing that Cap and Super are essentially the embodiment of USA; this means they are OK with all the time USA has invaded/backed coup d'etats on other countries? Has a comic ever touched on this?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
You know, I always thought an interesting miniseries would be what happens if something happened to the earth in like a blink, a bunch of the major teams survive on spaceships through coincidence, and you have this flotilla of earth hero's trying to find their way through the marvel galaxy with earth gone(the Gods are all fine in their pocket dimensions though. They make a space station where earth was)

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slayven your comics knowledge is starting to feel like an encyclopedia version of "there's a Simpsons gif for everything".

What don't you know?

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a book where Deadpool and Wolverine lead up a new (or old) generation of Alpha Flight? Or does Marvel not give a toss about them anymore?

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
That writing is dreadful. I was sad to see it was Howard Mackie because I had good associations with Ghost Rider and Marvel Comics Presents but in fairness I havent read those comics again in the past...28 years so maybe they dont hold up either.