• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have to give him credit for making it better and better. When we're long gone and dead it wont be called the VGA's. It'll be the Keighly's.

quesalupa

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
US
I was really into videogames back then. I think this was the first videogame conference thingy I just stopped watching in the middle of.

katagai

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this the one where they left Joel McHale's mic on while he went to the bathroom?

Strike

Oct 25, 2017

... and I thought it couldn't get worse than this. Truly dark times.

I also remember people giving Joel McHale shit for his performance, but he was just trying to work with what he was given which wasn't really much. I put the blame mainly with Spike who really didn't care enough to televise this or not make it look like they were holding it in someone's basement.

Last edited:

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The only fault of this show was having Joel McHale be apart of it.

Did the person making this compilation think Mega64's Todd and Aaron are supposed to be serious?

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Yep.
2398961-0352135116-fhlz..gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

198rqhp8lhdbkgif.gif

1446227032959.gif

Is the one that broke this man and allowed him to break out of the chains of Viacom and make his own VGAs XD

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

... and I thought it couldn't get worse than this. Truly dark times.

I also remember people giving Joel McHale shit for his performance, but he was just trying to work with what he was given which wasn't really much. I put the blame mainly with Spike who really didn't care enough to televise this or not make it look like there were holding it in someone's basement.

He deserved shit. He leaned way too far into his shtick to the point where he just started being disrespectful.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Joel McHale getting handsy with Abbie Heppe... fuck, this was such a trainwreck. Congratulations to Geoff for pushing forward.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah unfortunately that piece of shit called the VGX 2013?

Did they grow up between now and five years ago?

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
My favorite announcement to this day was Dark Souls 2. Did not expect it at all.

I know that wasn't at 13, but damn what an announcement that was.

Last edited:

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
It was a hilarious trainwreck. Joel McHale came off as an ultra douche

How many layers do you have on?

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
He deserved shit. He leaned way too far into his shtick to the point where he just started being disrespectful.
The show was a joke and was deservedly treated as such. Them getting bought out and shut down was probably the best thing that happened to everyone involved. Now Geoff gets to make the show he always wanted to make and Easy Allies puts some of the best content out there.

Last edited:

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
It was awesome in it's own way, but it's gotten progressively better in terms of quality and actually feeling like a show that respects the medium. I'm looking forward to what's to come tomorrow.