• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The ones where Parker just stops fucking around are always fun. I always liked it when it was shown just how stupidly powerful he is and how he holds himself back. The famous example is Doc Ock taking over his body and punching Scorpion's jaw off because he doesn't know his own strength, and didn't realize Parker was always really holding back.

FpF4ux5.jpg

that's Otto tho, the SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spidey did something similar at the end of the Kindred arc when Norman was talking to Spider-Gwen
main-qimg-835b6beff5ab88226160c041883491d3-lq

The ones where Parker just stops fucking around are always fun. I always liked it when it was shown just how stupidly powerful he is and how he holds himself back. The famous example is Doc Ock taking over his body and punching Scorpion's jaw off because he doesn't know his own strength, and didn't realize Parker was always really holding back.

FpF4ux5.jpg

But more of that please. I like Spidey as the jokester, friendly neighborhood yadda yadda. I like him even better when he's pushed to the point where he really flexes his abilities and punishes fools.

03oPHpM.jpg
When Pete stops joking, you start running

Last edited:

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

Context please
Logan just likes pushing Pete's buttons. But you know when shit gets real Logan would turn anyone that does Pete wrong into a stain on the pavement.

I know. I love their friendship so much:

zbcz180hvpv61.jpg

6wn2i80hvpv61.jpg

This wasn't Bendis. This was JMS.

Bendis did write Ultimate Spider-Man where Peter and Logan switched bodies, and Logan hit on MJ while he was in Peter's body (keep in mind that Peter and MJ were 15 and Logan considerably older).

Ultimate everyone except Spidey sucked.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Obviously the fall wouldn't kill him, but Wolverine is allergic to bees, and he fell on a beehive, and there was no one nearby with an epi-pen. A bystander tried to call for an ambulance, but Magneto had knocked out the cell reception in an X-Men comic that day, so they couldn't get through. Wolverine suffocated as his immune system (enhanced by his mutant power) reacted to the bee sting and swelled his throat closed. It was painful and tragic and Spider-Man carries the weight of his action to this very day.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, this isn't a Slayven thread?
Thread title had me convinced he changed his avatar 😅

OP
OP
KtotheRoc

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spidey did something similar at the end of the Kindred arc when Norman was talking to Spider-Gwen
main-qimg-835b6beff5ab88226160c041883491d3-lq

When Pete stops joking, you start running

Given Norman's history with blonde girls named Gwen Stacy this doesn't have the same context as Wolverine insulting MJ. Norman also threatened to kill the other Spiders, and Peter was still pissed at Norman for killing Flash Thompson (he later got better).

Oct 26, 2017
I really liked that story where Spidey is swinging around silent and the mooks are terrified because they know a silent Spidey will fuck you up... and he just has laryngitis.

No_Style

Oct 26, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Yes. Obviously the fall wouldn't kill him, but Wolverine is allergic to bees, and he fell on a beehive, and there was no one nearby with an epi-pen. A bystander tried to call for an ambulance, but Magneto had knocked out the cell reception in an X-Men comic that day, so they couldn't get through. Wolverine suffocated as his immune system (enhanced by his mutant power) reacted to the bee sting and swelled his throat closed. It was painful and tragic and Spider-Man carries the weight of his action to this very day.

I need to read comics again. Relatable everyday struggles such as allergies.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
One of my favorite Resetera trends is the "remember when..." threads. Slayven threads are almost impossible for me not to click.

OP
OP
KtotheRoc

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_lwpeucSNVX1qmavteo1_1280.jpg

(I could delve into Stan Lee's Spider-Man Newspaper Strip where lots of heroes and villains expressed a desire to hook up with MJ.)

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
wDwYtXc4L6Y0NEpJC1ejxUWskdVUV6-JO7ookXb3S9M.jpg

Remember when Spidey went and just beat up the X-men in their own house just because he could?
That's not the X-Mansion. That's the hero base in the original Secret Wars.

And it was just because he could. It's because he overheard that the X-Men were leaving there side and joining with Magneto.

He was on his way to tell the other Heroes when the X-Men attacked him to try and stop him.