• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-crisis Superman fell in love with Supergirl(the shapeshifting blob one, not his real cousin). They had a child, but the multiverse was out of balance and the Spectre sent Supergirl back to her universe, but left the 6 year old child to wander the universe. A 6 year old child with the power of a precrisis Kryptonian. So she would encounter planets and "play", usually accidentally destroying them.
394d3b783e6147b0de745f5cc75925e7.jpg

46f965465952e4c9419bf87e8e9e6286._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
How does their daughter look like Annie? Its a hard knock life - *planet immediately explodes*

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Um, actually, Slayven, the Supergirl that is the mother of Ariella Kent is Linda Danvers, the Earth Born Angel Supergirl who merged with Matrix at the start of the 90s Supergirl series by Peter David but eventually had the mantle for herself, and traveled to the Pre-Crisis DCU to spare Kara Zor-El her fate and eventually fell in love with Superman, giving birth to their daughter. Then the Spectre rewrote continuity so that Kara Zor-El would die when she was supposed to and Linda only agreed on the condition her daughter was spared.

Also Ariella Kent there has innate time travel abilities and was last seen at the ends of Young Justice: Sins of Youth, hanging out with Klarion the Witch Boy.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Um, actually, Slayven, the Supergirl that is the mother of Ariella Kent is Linda Danvers, the Earth Born Angel Supergirl who merged with Matrix at the start of the 90s Supergirl series by Peter David but eventually had the mantle for herself, and traveled to the Pre-Crisis DCU to spare Kara Zor-El her fate and eventually fell in love with Superman, giving birth to their daughter. Then the Spectre rewrote continuity so that Kara Zor-El would die when she was supposed to and Linda only agreed on the condition her daughter was spared.
Did i not say shapeshifting blob?
Your threads on comics always make me feel better about enjoying professional wrestling.
You going to learn today

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What does blob supergirl looks like, and if shes still supergirl wouldn't she still be his cousin, even from a different universe, and does blob supergirl still looks like supergirl so it would just look like Clark has a thing for his cousin?

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
No see, Matrix is the shapeshiting blob from a pocket universe. Linda was the Earth Born Angel who was sacrificed by her cultist boyfriend.
And they merged, then dated a half man half horse half woman lesbian with ice powers

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

Also Ariella Kent there has innate time travel abilities and was last seen at the ends of Young Justice: Sins of Youth, hanging out with Klarion the Witch Boy.
That sounds like a terrifyingly dangerous pair, but a hilarious mini series premise

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does blob supergirl looks like, and if shes still supergirl wouldn't she still be his cousin, even from a different universe, and does blob supergirl still looks like supergirl so it would just look like Clark has a thing for his cousin?

Matrix Supergirl was a protoplasmic, shape shifting blob from a pocket universe that was genocided by evil Kryptonians that Superman later executed. She just takes the form of a young blonde woman but she doesn't really have a base look of her own. Her powers at one point let her pretend to be Clark Kent so he can explain that when Doomsday flattened Metropolis he was just buried under the rubble for months next to a convenient food source.

Also she dated Lex Luthor at one point, I think while he was impersonating his own non-existent son.

And they merged, then dated a half man half horse half woman lesbian with ice powers

Look if we start getting into Post-Crisis Comet the Super Horse we're going to be here all day.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
side question why no one ever try to reform Whirlwind?
That's a really good question. He's like Shocker he's not super evil, he just finds crime a fun outlet for his powers, like when he went legit and became a world class ice skater. Theoretically turning him hero or heck getting him into a physically challenging career is all it takes

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-crisis Superman fell in love with Supergirl(the shapeshifting blob one, not his real cousin). They had a child, but the multiverse was out of balance and the Spectre sent Supergirl back to her universe, but left the 6 year old child to wander the universe. A 6 year old child with the power of a precrisis Kryptonian. So she would encounter planets and "play", usually accidentally destroying them.
394d3b783e6147b0de745f5cc75925e7.jpg

46f965465952e4c9419bf87e8e9e6286._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
No, I don't remember this. WTF

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
That's a really good question. He's like Shocker he's not super evil, he just finds crime a fun outlet for his powers, like when he went legit and became a world class ice skater. Theoretically turning him hero or heck getting him into a physically challenging career is all it takes
I mean they made Constrictor a compelling character, his bromance with Taskmaster was hilarious

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what issues do i track down to read this incest by another name storyline ?

Don't worry, it's not incest.

It's just a young woman replacing Superman's actual cousin but when he finds out he falls in love with her anyway.

Don't worry though, because some very stable person wrote a comic in the Silver Age explaining what Superman thinks of marriage between first cousins.

superman-supergirl-marriage-1.jpg

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean they made Constrictor a compelling character, his bromance with Taskmaster was hilarious
Guess a writer just has to decide to do it. Black Knight became a legacy hero and the Porcupine became a cursed legacy. Egghead blew himself up. Comrade X, the various aliens and the aging gun man never reappeared again. I guess Whirlwind is the only classic solo run Antman villain who keeps showing up but never gets developed. Then again Black Knight did get coopted by Iron Man.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC Matrix was dead by the time Linda Danvers met Kal-L

I'm just glad a part of Kal-L lives on, albeit in a very odd way

edit: nvm I don't think he's Kal-L

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Slayven now that I think about Whirlwind was also the first non xmen mutant villain(one of the first period), yet he has never been recruited or messed with the mutants. Kinda surprised Hickman didn't consider playing with him considering how few mutants there are that have been around this long with zero xmen or mutant villain group associations

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
IIRC Matrix was dead by the time Linda Danvers met Kal-L

I'm just glad a part of Kal-L lives on, albeit in a very odd way

edit: nvm I don't think he's Kal-L
Yeah, that's Kal-El already even though it's Silver Age. Kal-L is specifically the Golden Age Superman who debuted in real time (1938) and his origin was never moved from there.