• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
hailing from Angor aka Earth 8 where they battled the Assemblers. Lord Havok(Dr.Doom), Doctor Diehard( Magneto), Tracer(Sabertooth), Dreamslayer( Dormmau), and Gorgon(Doc Ock).

latest

They got hit by the ugly stick in the 00s
latest

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Yeah, they got hit by the ugly stick in the 2000s but they were hit by the"wtf, why? just why?" stick upon creation.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I like how Gorgon doesn't just have hair tentacles but also weird little robot Claw for hands.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
I think they cameo'd in JLU in a Hawkman episode. They had Bender voice Dreamslayer.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
DC's pastiches of Marvel characters often seem way more mean-spirited than Marvel's pastiches of DC characters.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I remember a DC cartoon was on one day & there was a bootleg Spider-Man swinging through the city. Who is that guy?

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I can exclusively reveal that I am playing Doctor Diehard in a brand new film adaptation.....

-- that Albert Pyun will direct for QuiBi.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Always felt like DC came out worse when they did these types of things. They're just corny.

Oct 25, 2017
you claim they got hit by the ugly stick in the 00s but going by that first image it looks like they were the wielders of all the ugly sticks to begin with

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
Why does old gorgon look like he has dicks coming off his head instead of snakes? 00's gorgon is actually a massive improvement

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like this thread confirms my feeling that Marvel just has better character design aesthetics.

I don't know how it's possible since there are so many artists that have worked for both companies.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, where's this from?

Edit: yeah, it's Multiversity nevermind

That one is actually from Flash Forward, the recent Wally/multiverse focused Flash mini-series.

yri8n0znbys31.png
Funny thing is that the guy in white with a red cape and white uniform is Hyperius, a reference to Marvel's Hyperion, who is pretty much Marvel's Superman.
7194518-squadron-surpreme-of-america-1144321.jpg

I feel like this thread confirms my feeling that Marvel just has better character design aesthetics.

I don't know how it's possible since there are so many artists that have worked for both companies.
The Squadron Supreme's design is pretty questionable most of the time too.

It just feels like when they're doing these types of reference characters they usually run into issues since they want to make them recognizable but can't actually make them look too close to the originals.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
That one is actually from Flash Forward, the recent Wally/multiverse focused Flash mini-series.

yri8n0znbys31.png
Funny thing is that the guy in white with a red cape and white uniform is Hyperius, a reference to Marvel's Hyperion, who is pretty much Marvel's Superman.
7194518-squadron-surpreme-of-america-1144321.jpg

The Squadron Supreme's design is pretty questionable most of the time too.

It just feels like when they're doing these types of reference characters they usually run into issues since they want to make them recognizable but can't actually make them look too close to the originals.
Hyperion has always had a pretty consistent and solid look. Riffing on Supes from day one by having the huge belt/belt tights instead of straight tights

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017

A thread about a pastiche/parody team confirms your feelings that Marvel has better character design?