• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Bandai Namco really pushed this game hard back in 2017 and early 2018. The game had a good amount of hype and I was optimistic. Anime souls was cool on paper. It originally had a release date for September 2018 but then Bandai delayed the game (the delay was announced in July) which is fine but... why haven't we heard any more news about code vein since then? It completely disappeared after it was delayed and I'm just here wondering if it's in development hell or something

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It had a really, really bad showing at E3 last year. The Demo was awful, no one wanted to play it (and those that did only because it had no lines), word of mouth was almost universally bad. I think they must have went back to the drawing board in some respect after that. I have no idea when we'll see it resurface.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah all talk about it from Bamco really went all *poof* after the new year. Makes me think it's getting an overhaul.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah, Bamco have been super quiet on it lately.

Game looked like putrid trash at E3 so they've probably been working to improve on it some more. I could see a release date trailer at Xbox's E3 presser.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Why aren't we stuck in a pre-fabricated press info cycle curated by a publisher for a game that's been absent from the gamer mindshare for

Six months

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018

That's good to hear. It felt really weird going from a set date for September 2018 to no date 2019. Maybe significant parts of the game they wanted to change?

I was quite looking forward to visit Anor Londo again.
Code-Vein_2018_03-29-18_002.jpg

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly always seemed kind of weird. Cause it felt like it could be a God Eater spin off with a similar looking world and art style... but wasn't . Same publisher too.

DustinCanFly

Handsome Phantom
Verified
Mar 12, 2018
Butler, PA
It had a really, really bad showing at E3 last year. The Demo was awful, no one wanted to play it (and those that did only because it had no lines), word of mouth was almost universally bad. I think they must have went back to the drawing board in some respect after that. I have no idea when we'll see it resurface.

I played it at E3 because of the lack of lines. It was in a VERY rough shape. I think there's huge potential for a game like this, so I'm glad they stepped back. Hopefully it resurfaces this E3 better than ever.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
It took player feedback for them to add co-op to the game when it was well into development. I don't have high hopes.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
They heard player feedback and are implementing changes accordingly nothing to worry about.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Really ? I saw people saying there were long lines to try Code Vein and it was one of the reasons they want to work on it further because it could become a good success

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I think they saw the reception wasnt that great and took more time to adress things. Wouldnt call it dev hell.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

just to to let ppl know I wasn't making shit up, it was for gamescom though i think

edit 2 :

i just typed code vein long lines on twitter

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pepperridge farm remembers. We'll probably get some new info soon, i can see it being at E3 this year.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
It always looked kind of bad TBH, dark aesthetic mixed with edge anime designs, uninspired enemies, bad animation work...

Let's hope they work hard in improving the game instead of canceling it.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States

just to to let ppl know I wasn't making shit up, it was for gamescom though i think

I can't comment on Gamescom directly but should also note that Gamescom attendance dwarfs E3, and the scheduling is different in terms of public days. So not sure how strictly you can compare them. But yea, at E3 the only line I remember being shorter (at a major publisher in an expo hall) was the Divinity OS II console line. So while the line length itself isn't strictly indicative of anything, very few people that I personally talked to came away with a positive impression. Just my experience.

Edit: Based on the date of that tweet it couldnt have been gamescom though.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
That's not what I heard. People were saying it was great.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
The closest a Soulslike has ever come to being actually good was Nioh, so really Code Vein going back to the drawing board and/or being canned probably isn't the worst outcome.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I'm very much still waiting for it, given that most similar games lately are leaving out one of the parts that's absolutely central to how much I enjoy Souls games (coop).

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I thought Code Vein had come out a while ago. I sure saw preorders for it everywhere last year. Kind of curious if they delayed it to work on improving the game.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Funny enough, if this was a Switch exclusive it would gather way more attention. As a PS4/XBO game, I think it's being sent to die. The competition is just too vicious.
It's also coming to PC. I have no idea what you mean by it's being sent to die lot of people are looking forward to it.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
It's so weird because I totally expected this to be out already early this year. Kind of a bummer.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Should have kept the main team on GE3 then that game wouldn't have turned out to be as inferior as it is.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Nioh is possibly the only good 3D soulslike and even then people have complaints about it's level design. I honestly think the delay is a good thing, while I'm not fond of the artistic style of the game the more good games the better. Everything I've seen so far is in support of the delay, and I would love for more developers other than fromsoft to show me they can do as well as a job as they did.

Koyomi

Mar 25, 2019
I hope they are taking this time to fix the gameplay. The last showing of this game was pretty bad; gameplay looked clunky, 0 weight behind each blow and so on.

As a huge souls/anime i really hope the game ends up being good.