• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
To be honest, what ever incentive happens to make people go out and buy the remaster I would be all for it. I just want Alan Wake 2.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Sony Kickstarter announcement incoming, PS4/5/PC only.

And I would be fine with that, just give the people some Alan Wake, MS had their chance.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wow a lot of playstation fans really want this game. I hope they do a remaster on every platform. Whatever it takes to get a sequel going. It was a classic at the time, one of my fav games. It should have never launched on the same day as Red Dead.

Edit (added):I am actually shocked at the amount of people that want Sony to announce it as an exclusive or a Exclusive content move. How awful.
Ps crowd wanting Alan wake is not surprising due to the genre and how 3rd person action adventure is extremely popular on PS.
But yeah wanting next one as excluisves is weird .let everyone enjoy it since first one was on another platform to begin with

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima Perú
that's great. I'm hoping for a sequel. I'm always in favor of the developer getting the rights instead of a publisher who usually doesn't care.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. I'd be willing to double dip if it were to increase the likelihood of a sequel.

Last edited:

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ps crowd wanting Alan wake is not surprising due to the genre and how 3rd person action adventure is extremely popular on PS.
But yeah wanting next one as excluisves is weird .let everyone enjoy it since first one was on another platform to begin with

I agree, Remedy deserve all the support and success they can get. They are such an amazing Dev team and push technology. I love their quirky games and Ive had to play every one of their games until completion. I cannot wait for Control! RTX on baybee!

But wanting Alan Wake 2 stuck to the playstation platform is an insult to the original fans of the game, very strange posts in here mentioning that. Even exclusive content would be wack!

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I might be in the minority here, but I think Alan Wake was great as a one-off. I'd prefer to see Remedy keep tackling original stories in new IPs without having the expectations attached to a franchise.
I have to agree. Alan Wake was great, but I'm not sure what a sequel could bring to the table that wouldn't be better handled with a new IP, unless they literally just made more of the same game which is also not a great option

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a sequel has a ton of sales potential due to it becoming somewhat of a cult classic, with a fanbase that didn't stop asking for a sequel even after all those years.

This seems to be exactly the same trajectory that Nier went through, with the exception that the first Alan Wake is already quite polished, so a remaster could make even more people interested in the sequel, and the advantage that Alan Wake was a bigger commercial success than Nier, even if it still didn't do huge numbers at launch.

Seeing how many Playstation only players still want to play it even after such a long time reinforces that.

I hope Control does really well, because I feel like 505 would be a great business partner going forward, but I don't know any behind the scenes info, so that may be just an impression.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
This is really really splendid news. I would die for a resolution to Alan Wake, especially with the DLC and American Nightmare making the cliffhanger even worse.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
The word "reverted" in the official press release makes me believe the publishing rights for the IP had some sort of clause that said if MS publishes an Alan Wake title, it will extend those right out and that time frame has now come and passed.

I'm really interested to see who Remedy shops an Alan Wake 2 around to see if it ultimately ends up multiplatform. The first game remade using ray tracing would be pretty awesome.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sony Kickstarter announcement incoming, PS4/5/PC only.

And I would be fine with that, just give the people some Alan Wake, MS had their chance.

Please, no!

I don't want to wait 5 years from the Kickstarter announcement to see some lower budget version. If they are doing it, release it on everything and treat it as a proper triple A. PC version with an amazing RTX next gen version please.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I never finished on 360. I think I got to chapter 3, then I was playing too much Halo. I will definitely swoop this up if there is a PS4 remaster.

Feb 10, 2018
Alan wake was a great game.
I think it could sell decently if multiple platform,

Ray tracing with a next gen Alan wake, yes please.

bison-yes-gif-5.gif

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Alan Wake is one of my favorite games from the 360 era, definitely my favorite Remedy game overall, a sequel would be a dream come true, but even a well made PC remastered with improved graphics and Ray Tracing support would be awesome

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
What if they reboot it into the open world game it was originally suppose to be?

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked the game on X360. Not great, but a good, atmospheric game albeit a little monotonous. Still, I would definitely buy the remastered version on PS4, if the price is right.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Good stuff. The possibility of Alan Wake 2 on a Microsoft console without the burden of having to fund Remedy's rocky dev cycle is probably Phil's dream.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are people so keen for Remedy to get bought again? No thanks, let them work like they do now.

What if it's not a sequel? Alan Wake can be many things.
Why are you struggling with this so much? He wants to get into Alan Wake and is hoping he can play the first game along with anything else to come along. It's not very hard to grasp.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
I agree, Remedy deserve all the support and success they can get. They are such an amazing Dev team and push technology. I love their quirky games and Ive had to play every one of their games until completion. I cannot wait for Control! RTX on baybee!

But wanting Alan Wake 2 stuck to the playstation platform is an insult to the original fans of the game, very strange posts in here mentioning that. Even exclusive content would be wack!
As someone who preferred Xbox since the 360 and considers himself a Remedy fan: I'd be fine with a PS exclusive Alan Wake Remaster/sequel or Remedy game in general because Sony handles these story heavy single player games much better than Microsoft.

Oct 25, 2017
Woo Alan Wake 2 confirmed!!

Now how can they fit Courtney Hope into the game?
Somewhere in The Oldest House, in a secret area that is very hard to find, we'll find Mr. Scratch, contained.

Do it, Remedy, you have full Control over the IP now, the voice actor is already working on the game, just take a few of his lines and throw there randomly, who cares.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Reboot what? They don't have any AW game in development right now.
What I mean is, if a new Alan Wake gets announced it can be a sequel or a reboot. I'm reminded of the old footage of a version of Alan Wake that was scrapped, and I'm wondering if Remedy feels like they could make that original version come true.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For that price there has to be a remaster or sequel on the way. I adored Alan Wake on the 360 so I'm in either way.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
What I mean is, if a new Alan Wake gets announced it can be a sequel or a reboot. I'm reminded of the old footage of a version of Alan Wake that was scrapped, and I'm wondering if Remedy feels like they could make that original version come true.
It can be a sequel set in an open world, doesn't have to be a reboot.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
I'm so excited for this, when I read the title I almost jumped out of my seat.

Alan Wake is in my top ten games, the story, the setting, the atmosphere, it's just perfect for me.

Been hangin' on that cliff for a reeeeeeeal long time now, Remedy... Let's do this. It's not a lake, it's an ocean.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Microsoft has no interest in buying out Remedy then.

Things seemed to have turned sour between the two, at least on Remedy's end, so I doubt there was much chance of this. Maybe even to the point they wouldn't want Sony either but they do seem to be interacting more openly with PS people as of late.