• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
A L U N D R A
L L L
U U U
N N N
D D D
R R R
A L U N D R A

edit: fuck the post messed my fun typing

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Shining Force III and Panzer Dragoon Saga are often called some of the best games in their respective genres, but no one has played them. I think if any two games deserve remakes, it's these two. And as long as we're bringing back Saturn games, Burning Rangers, which had a strong core idea but not so great realization of it.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
My top most desired remakes:

Lunar: Eternal Blue - Make the whole game look like the anime cutscenes. We have the technology. Also, do this first and if it's successful, do the same thing for the first game (we do not need yet another remake of the first game that doesn't do well enough to justify doing Eternal Blue).

Siren trilogy - The Siren series is IMO the best survival horror series ever and I'd love to see all 3 games get modern graphics, plus the QoL improvements from the latter games (Siren 1, in particular, though it's amazing in many ways, is really clunky).

Persona 3 - Total remake that has Persona 5 or bettter graphics, redone story & gameplay, and actual handcrafted dungeons.

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - Doesn't need to be a full-blown remake, just an enhanced port to modern hardware would be most excellent.

Remakes I would totally consider making if given the chance:

Phantasy Star 2 - I know it got a Japanese-only remake, but I'm picturing something more drastic than the old game with better visuals. There's a good core here, but it could be so much more.

FF7 Demake - FF7, looking like Chrono Trigger, with better balanced ATB combat & a better script.

Anachronox - I don't know that I want to commit to the work this would take, but a 16-bit JRPG remake of Anachronox that didn't end on a cliffhanger would be a fun project. Probably doable since a while back SE said that Anachronox was up for indie collaborations, but again, I'm not sure if this is financial viable.

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
Dark Forces II and Jedi Outcast. Will never happen because of the new canon, but man, they really never improved on that lightsaber combat (and I say that as a fan of Fallen Order).

Would obviously also love to see KOTOR remade along the same lines with combat that's a bit more interesting than "spam Master Flurry and Lightning Storm".

jtmmachine

Nov 2, 2020
Fire Emblems 6 & 7 (aka "the one with Roy" and "the first international one") exist in a weird state since the prequel came second, yet was the first one a lot of the Fire Emblem player base experienced. Which means very popular characters are completely absent in the sequel and oddities like an extra scene as a callback to 6 in 7's epilogue coming across as a teaser which was never followed up on. Not to mention 7 fleshed out the setting a ton leaving 6 feeling kinda hollow in comparison.

Roy being in Smash Bros Melee mythologized 6 to a lot of newer fans so they've wanted an international release or remake for ages. Yet 6 and 7 are two halves of a whole which don't quite gel as-is. You'd pretty much have to rewrite them both in one go to do the thing right. Whether that's as two games released close to each other or as one long campaign. They could both use some modernization too since their being Game Boy Advance games meant the gameplay had to be simplified to compensate

I know that'd be a huge effort but it'd be cool, dang it!

Last edited:

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I don't believe a Deus Ex remake would work (read: get approved) without cutting out the breadth of options that made the original so memorable.

Same with something like Blood Omen. I've been hearing about a 3D remake to make it more like Soul Reaver for ages and each time I think.... "Yeah, sure, that sounds nice, but what would happen to weird, off-the-wall stuff like The Lost City?. a whole level full of secrets, populated by werewolves, that's just there for the secret hunters- and probably would never survive a remake treatment".

I guess the problem I have is with remakes of old games I like changing stuff to streamline themselves. I didn't have any attachment to Resident Evil, so I enjoyed the recent remakes. But I dunno if I'd feel the same way about a Deus Ex or Legacy of Kain.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Or MGS2. I feel that MGS2 is presentationally the weakest entry because it exists in that awkward mid-point between the original's archaic limitations and the full 3D splinter-cell approach taken since 3: Subsistence and MGS4 and 5. Yet, MGS2 has some real "Hollywood Anime" moments. It's big epic robots and crazy superhero character amidst spies and soldiers in a half-grounded, half-sci-fi world in a postmodernist storyline. All of that could really excell with high-end graphics and seeing the Plant and Tanker reborn with a mix of realistic and futuristic movie aesthetics, until the more abstract parts where the game can take advantage of the latest and craziest graphical features.

The characters could also use a face-lift and then I think people would reconsider whether the story was good or not. I think it's very good, it just has a very wonky visual tone.

MGS2 is my second favorite game of all time and for some reason I want a 3 remake more lol

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Is there any 'substance' to the MGS rumour? (chortles to self) I just assumed it was something people thought might happen due to the wave of PS1 nostalgia and the rumours of Sony working with Konami on Silent Hill

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 1 - but be careful with it, do not make it into Persona 3/4/5. Lower number of damage types, lower encounter rate, new visuals (obviously). Keep first person dungeon crawling.

Persona 3 - There is no ideal version of it and there's two "good" versions of the game, but both have a significant downside.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - I'm referring to this game, that was never released in English, not Raidou 1.
Devsum.jpg

Fire Emblem 4 & 5

I don't know if we're counting HD ports/enhancements under the "remake" category too, but I'd like to see these under that:

Persona 2 duology - Add full voice acting, make other QoL changes such as not having to switch Personas first to use a spell outside of combat, an instant Analyze button where you don't have to back all the way out to the first menu in combat. I'd arguably file this under the remake category because as a bonus I'd like to see the Tarot card system scrapped and turned into recruiting demons to fuse into Personas.

Shin Megami Tensei I, II, and if... - Pretty obvious reasons, the main one being they were never officially released in English other than SMT1 on iOS...and it doesn't even work with modern versions of iOS.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Pretty much the sole reason why, or at the very least just re-release the original game as-is.
8mVCcTi.png

Pyro

Jul 30, 2018
United States
Twin Snakes is the only remake I can think of that fans almost universally shun. Are there any others like this?

Some folks shun the SotC remake because of what they did to Wander. I've said before that yeah a certain gauntness to his character is lost but it's not that big a deal because it doesn't really change anything about the game. And it's not like an RPG where you see his face all the time (e.g. Mass Effect)

But I personally love both remakes!

May 15, 2019
Would rather companies just focus their efforts on new games instead. I'll always welcome a remaster that preserves the original but remakes are just a waste of time imo

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
Skies of Arcadia.

And it's been mentioned multiple times, but really, Persona 3.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
The Last Ninja
Come onnn! This needs to happen!

Turrican
Still a great game, just give it updated graphics and it'll be awesome.

Super Metroid
Literally the best game of all time. And still no remake or remaster?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
My top most desired remakes:

Siren trilogy - The Siren series is IMO the best survival horror series ever and I'd love to see all 3 games get modern graphics, plus the QoL improvements from the latter games (Siren 1, in particular, though it's amazing in many ways, is really clunky).
Seems somewhat redundant remaking all three Siren games - 1 and Blood Curse are essentially the same game, albeit with a different cast of characters.
I'd be down with 1&2 getting remade (especially to shake off some of that jank in the original game, that darn sniping timed mission...) but Blood Curse isn't something I'd be interested in also seeing remade - I don't like the characters and honestly I mainly just played it because it was Siren 1, but with better graphics. If Siren 1 got better graphics but retained the original plot and characters... I don't see why BC needs to exist.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Remasters:
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
The Simpsons: Hit & Run
TMNT: The Arcade Game
Ninja Gaiden Black
Alice: Madness Returns
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Remakes:
Resident Evil (yes, again)
Dead Space 3
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
I still want that fake majora's mask Wii U Leak.

Honestly I'd take another remake of oot that looked like that as well.

brenobnfm

Sep 28, 2019
I feel conflicted whenever MGS is brought up as a game deserving a remake since it already got one. Sure it can be divisive and it came out fairly quickly after the original, but if another game in that franchise deserves a remake it's Snake Eater.

Nah, Twin Snakes does no justice to the original game and is older than Snake Eater. Also, Snake Eater is a bad game.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Seems somewhat redundant remaking all three Siren games - 1 and Blood Curse are essentially the same game, albeit with a different cast of characters.
I'd be down with 1&2 getting remade (especially to shake off some of that jank in the original game, that darn sniping timed mission...) but Blood Curse isn't something I'd be interested in also seeing remade - I don't like the characters and honestly I mainly just played it because it was Siren 1, but with better graphics. If Siren 1 got better graphics but retained the original plot and characters... I don't see why BC needs to exist.

Siren 1 & Blood Curse are very different though. Siren 1's a much bigger game with a larger cast & a lot of areas & puzzles that weren't in Blood Curse. Like for example, one of the most memorable stages in the original game was the school stage and that's not in Blood Curse at all. The story's drastically different between the two games as well, even if there are a few beats that are the same.

I replayed Blood Curse just recently (finished last month) and I think it's still a good game. Even with a more faithful Siren 1 remaster/remake, Blood Curse would still be worth playing as an alternate take.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Siren 1 & Blood Curse are very different though. Siren 1's a much bigger game with a larger cast & a lot of areas & puzzles that weren't in Blood Curse. Like for example, one of the most memorable stages in the original game was the school stage and that's not in Blood Curse at all. The story's drastically different between the two games as well, even if there are a few beats that are the same.

I replayed Blood Curse just recently (finished last month) and I think it's still a good game. Even with a more faithful Siren 1 remaster/remake, Blood Curse would still be worth playing as an alternate take.
You kinda prove my point on why BC is pointless. Its a smaller, less impressive take on Siren 1 where certain great areas/levels are not included. Feels like a waste of time to remake both 1 and BC at the same time, makes more sense to just do 1 and 2 (especially 2, which never got a NTSC USA release...)But I'd rather just get a true sequel instead of spending time doing anything with Blood Curse. I also really dislike the cast in BC, so that's really not a good reason for me to see it remade, all the more reason to see it buried for me!

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Socom Confrontation updated to 4k 60fps and working, with classic and new maps.

MGS 1, 2 and 3 in the visual quality and gameplay breath of MGS5

Resistance Trilogy and Resistance IV

Final Fantasy VIII and IX Remake (IMO, and VI)

Legend of Dragoon full AAA remake

I personally want Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean more as well. (Vagrant Story as well i guess).

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
The Guardian Legend is always the first game I think of when this question comes up.

Other nominees:

B.C. II: Grog's revenge
Subspace
Super Off-Road!

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Would rather companies just focus their efforts on new games instead. I'll always welcome a remaster that preserves the original but remakes are just a waste of time imo
Remakes are absolutely not a waste of time and remasters are such insignificant burden on resources that they're not "taking away" from the development of other games at all.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
A AAA remake of Deus Ex is pretty much my dream game.

You'd really have to find the right dev, though. Though I think it's the GOAT game, much of its core would have to be reworked for 2020 - level design and AI included.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
GTA IV.

It took GTA III ten years (2001-2011) from original release to the mobile version. IV came out 12 years ago when X360/PS3 were still fairly newish consoles. How long before we get a GTA IV mobile version of enhanced version?

qtamir1

Oct 28, 2017
GTA Games could all be remakes if rockstar really wanted to... i would buy a san andreas remake in a heartbeat

Pyro

Jul 30, 2018
United States
Nah, Twin Snakes does no justice to the original game and is older than Snake Eater. Also, Snake Eater is a bad game.

Now those are the hot fuckin takes I come to this forum for lmao. Genuinely curious as to why you think that? It's tied with MGS2 for my favorite in the series but I acknowledge it's got issues, the chief of which I think are camo switching & healing being in the menus.