• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
46893104314_f1f56e096a_h.jpg

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/04/18/xiii-the-stylish-cel-shaded-fps-returns-in-new-remake/

The idea for this remake idea came naturally, as we felt this unique kind of story-driven FPS experience was missing in today's gaming landscape. Our goal is to bring XIII's compelling story to a new generation of players with the best possible graphics and animation. The result will be nothing short of spectacular as we promise to celebrate the amazing work done on the original game. Stay tuned for more details.

This is kind of a shock. I loved XIII when it first came out, but I don't remember much of it or if it would hold up. Will keep an eye on this.

it's PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC release
From developers site

Last edited:

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How random, this was the game with David Duchovny voicing the lead character?

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
Loved this game. No PC release? Was taken off GOG a while back before I could buy it.

And the models in the image for the character lack the cel shading I guess?

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
It was a real stylish game at the time, but the level design and gameplay was a bit on the drab side to me. I still have a weak spot for it just because of the commitment to the aesthetic, but I don't think it's a great game honestly.

Wonder if they'll still have the original David Duchovny recordings for the protagonist or what.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Is this game really a "classic?" Still, cool to see. I remember playing some of it back in the day but never finished it.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, goddamn? This is the last thing I expected. The original is one of my favourite games so I really can't wait for this.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Wait are they remaking XIII? Oh may days. Day one buy if they are. What a game. The campaign was up there with the best.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. This is one of those games I have always regretted not being able to complete. I have still have the disks from some video card I bought years ago but the damn things do not work on Windows 7.

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
hahaha, what the shit? Incredible.

I still have the old one on gog, but I can't download it through Galaxy for some weird reason

EDIT: oh hey it works on gog now

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, this game was almost all-style. The actual gameplay and level design of this I remember being super weak.

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Really enjoyed this game when it was released. Didn't expect a rerelease.

Very cool.

OP
OP
Wrestleman

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I was explicitly using "classic" as a quantifier of its age, and I've seen a general sentiment that it has a small cult favor. I guess "cult classic" may have been better. But feel free to continue entering threads about games you don't like just to dunk on them I guess.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is the weirdest remake to announce lol. But I loved XIII, would love to play it again.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully they communicate when you take damage and from where better. Lack of feedback led to so many frustrating deaths.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Owned it, traded it in rather quickly. Would not call it a classic. It was no Doom, Wolfenstein or Golden Eye. Was different though