• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The literal remaking of the season obviously isn't happening, but I do think HBO and Disney both got scared stiff from the overall fan backlash and that is part of the reason why D&D were let go from the Star Wars trilogy and HBO is so uptight that they canned the GoT spin-off pilot they shot.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i hope HBO does remake it and i hope they make it worse. add the old Sonic movie model as a 4th dragon. deepfake John Cena over Dany's face. make Bronn get married to Sansa and Yara and one of the sand snakes. just throw it on the ground and rub its face in the dirt

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
But how is she paranoid concerning Sansa, Varys and Tyrion? She was right about Sansa wanting her gone, Varys tried to poison her, and Tyrion could have mentioned that cave entrance to the Red Keep in the beginning of season 7 instead of only telling Jaime so he can save Cersei. Not to mention his shitty advice.

With Varys and Sansa. it's a chicken and egg scenario. They're scared of her and rightfully so by the end but she wouldn't have gone this way if they hadn't been scared of her and stayed faithful. She's not wrong about them but they're just chips to make her eventually break. She's not paranoid concerning them.

Killing or forgiving Tyrion would've been valid either way but it's her way of thinking that scares Jon into killing her because he realizes that she's going to eventually kill Sansa and Arya. There's no room for mercy for Daenerys by the end of season 8. She won't show Tyrion mercy and she won't show Sansa mercy either.

In fact, she's engaging in some brutal logic that she's actually being merciful by sacrificing current generations for future generations.

And then there's the issue that she's planning to be in a constant forever war to take down every tyrant she sees/perceives. She has good intentions but her dream is just impossible.

This story is pacifistic and Daenerys is Napoleon Bonaparte.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Look at all these nerds putting their time and focus and energy into this silly petition.

Maybe realize that you're not that important, a season of Game of Thrones isn't going to get re-made for you and that you should move on with your life.

It's pathetic and sad.
I feel like youve spent more time posting this same exact sentiment in every thread than most of the people who spent 30 seconds signing this petition did.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I never said that so hard to imagine. Most people don't actually think anythings going to change but rather a way to show displeasure with the show.
and then? why cant people just be displeased and move on? the shows over, it was fun, you still have the books.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
and then? why cant people just be displeased and move on? the shows over, it was fun, you still have the books.
For the same reason people don't move on when discussing how much they loved a show and when to talk about it, or any other entirely trivial thing we talk about here on a video game forum. Most of us posting here spend far more effort talking about entirely silly, pointless things everyday, than anyone who likely signed this petition.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
For the same reason people don't move on when discussing how much they loved a show and when to talk about it, or any other entirely trivial thing we talk about here on a video game forum. Most of us posting here spend far more effort talking about entirely silly, pointless things everyday, than anyone who likely signed this petition.
The way I see it, things are allowed to be bad, good tv shows are allowed to have bad seasons. The expectations people have on entertainment drives me bananas. if fans dont like a thing, they feel like its their mission to tear those responsible to pieces.
like this prime example:
No
They deserved to be trashed for this
Damnit I hate seeing anything GOT related it just gets me so angry
FUCK D&D

CaughtBeing

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thnk the anger mainly comes from the fact that the writers were not held accountable for the shit writing they provided, in this cut throat environment. They essentially failed upwards and no one is acknowledging it.

In all other world, this problem is nonsense.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We really should stop giving attention to fan petitions. People are not entitled to anything entertainment-related. Don't like it? Move on.

And that comes from someone who stopped watching Game of Thrones when I stopped liking it.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The way I see it, things are allowed to be bad, good tv shows are allowed to have bad seasons. The expectations people have on entertainment drives me bananas. if fans dont like a thing, they feel like its their mission to tear those responsible to pieces.
like this prime example:
They are allowed to be bad and also fans are allowed to express themselves about it, much like we do for any topic here. Also I'm 99% sure that post was made in sarcasm.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Perfect example of an absolutely useless petition. They know people's thoughts on the season, and they're never going to remake the last season only.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not happening.

Keep malding.

I thnk the anger mainly comes from the fact that the writers were not held accountable for the shit writing they provided, in this cut throat environment. They essentially failed upwards and no one is acknowledging it.

In all other world, this problem is nonsense.
How should they be 'held accountable'?

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm fine with how it ended. It wasn't executed well but they didn't really have enough time. But it ended fine. I'm over it. Moving on. No biggie.

Now, Dexter on the other hand. Well, Showtime needs to remake seasons 5-8 already because that one just fell apart completely.

How I Met Your Mother's ending was perfect, don't @ me because you're wrong.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
They are allowed to be bad and also fans are allowed to express themselves about it, much like we do for any topic here. Also I'm 99% sure that post was made in sarcasm.
Its not, this kind of grouping just breeds further distrust and negativity, that is the difference between a petition where people express hate against creators for a specific show for not doing what they wanted, and a forum like this where you have open discussion back and forth about good and bad sides of a game. A petition like this solves nothing, its just a podium for people to hate.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Huh i just looked at this today out of curiosity to see if it grew anymore.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Theyd be better served with a pettition to twt GRRM to finish his damn story.

You can only do so much when you have no source material to work off

The ending was perfectly fine anyway. Rushed as fuck, but the events that transpired perfectly fit the themes of game of thrones. Anyone who chases the iron throne will be corrupted by it.

Last edited:

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its not, this kind of grouping just breeds further distrust and negativity, that is the difference between a petition where people express hate against creators for a specific show for not doing what they wanted, and a forum like this where you have open discussion back and forth about good and bad sides of a game. A petition like this solves nothing, its just a podium for people to hate.
I disagree with calling it only a way to channel hate. A back and forth requires participation by both parties as well, which is entirely not the fault of fans who are looking to channel their disappointment in some capacity that ultimately resulted in signing a silly petition.

CaughtBeing

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We really should stop giving attention to fan petitions. People are not entitled to anything entertainment-related. Don't like it? Move on.

And that comes from someone who stopped watching Game of Thrones when I stopped liking it.

There is an argument to be made here against the statement "People are not entitled to anything entertainment related. Don't like it? Move on"

And that is, this should not be the statement to handwave this petition away or the discourse away, because it set a dangerous rule for yourself. Using a hyperbole, for example, if there was a popular media, take 'Blade', but they made the mc a white dude, with black face. The movie was released in theatres, made alot of profit due to the racist audience it has bought in. Now the general black audience signed a petition to have the movie from being shown anymore, banned, because it offends them. Using your statement, they are not entitled to anything entertainment related and if they don't like it. They should simply move on.

Now if you don't like this petition or people who signed the petition, you are not entitled their opinion or the criticism they have or the demand they have and if you don't like what they are doing, you should move on. Do you see how it can be thrown your way?

And I just wanted to show that the statement is dealing in absolute. Anytime absolute is used against human nature, it sets a dangerous precedent.

Now, did DnD ruined GoT last season, it is all subjective. Did they handle rape subject matter of Sansa appropriately, not at all. But handwaving these concerns or questions with don't like it, you are not entitled to it, and you should move on, is not the ideal way to approach anything media related.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
imagine being neckbeard enough to think an online petition is going to do anything except make you look dumb
Nobody signing this petition, outside of an extremely small stupid fraction, would think anything would actually change. It's done.

It's just a way to express frustration at an obviously botched and rushed job.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is the only remake I'll accept.

Also, dummies, there will be a fresh take on this one day when the damn books are finished.
1Xtsj90.gif

Deleted member 17184

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is an argument to be made here against the statement "People are not entitled to anything entertainment related. Don't like it? Move on"

And that is, this should not be the statement to handwave this petition away or the discourse away, because it set a dangerous rule for yourself. Using a hyperbole, for example, if there was a popular media, take 'Blade', but they made the mc a white dude, with black face. The movie was released in theatres, made alot of profit due to the racist audience it has bought in. Now the general black audience signed a petition to have the movie from being shown anymore, banned, because it offends them. Using your statement, they are not entitled to anything entertainment related and if they don't like it. They should simply move on.

Now if you don't like this petition or people who signed the petition, you are not entitled their opinion or the criticism they have or the demand they have and if you don't like what they are doing, you should move on. Do you see how it can be thrown your way?

And I just wanted to show that the statement is dealing in absolute. Anytime absolute is used against human nature, it sets a dangerous precedent.

Now, did DnD ruined GoT last season, it is all subjective. Did they handle rape subject matter of Sansa appropriately, not at all. But handwaving these concerns or questions with don't like it, you are not entitled to it, and you should move on, is not the ideal way to approach anything media related.
I think there's a huge difference there. You're talking about a case where everyone who is a decent person and knows about the situation would be calling out the people responsible for such a racist decision. You even mention that it would be about banning it, not remaking it. And even if it was about remaking it, would you really trust the same people to do it?

Game of Thrones has so many problematic elements, and so does its source material. But people signing this petition aren't doing it to solve these - otherwise they'd be doing the same for the rest of the show. This is about getting an ending they like. And the problem is that if we ask creators to always remake things people didn't like, creators would never really have creative freedom anymore.

This isn't to say that I like D&D or am defending them. I'm glad they're not on Star Wars anymore. I just think that, if you're signing a petition just because you didn't like what an entertainment product gave to you, you're being disrespectful to everyone who poured a lot of efforts into that, and you're taking away their creative freedom. However, if you're complaining about problematic content and/or decisions, there's certainly room for that. And this is not it.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Keep in mind, many people are signing this as a form of protest against D&D's writing. It's not like 1.7 million people actually believe it's practical to remake the season.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Signed.

Oh wait, shit, I meant to sign the one to edit a version of Season 8 that cuts all the women out. Dammit!

CaughtBeing

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think there's a huge difference there. You're talking about a case where everyone who is a decent person and knows about the situation would be calling out the people responsible for such a racist decision. You even mention that it would be about banning it, not remaking it. And even if it was about remaking it, would you really trust the same people to do it?

Game of Thrones has so many problematic elements, and so does its source material. But people signing this petition aren't doing it to solve these - otherwise they'd be doing the same for the rest of the show. This is about getting an ending they like. And the problem is that if we ask creators to always remake things people didn't like, creators would never really have creative freedom anymore.

This isn't to say that I like D&D or am defending them. I'm glad they're not on Star Wars anymore. I just think that, if you're signing a petition just because you didn't like what an entertainment product gave to you, you're being disrespectful to everyone who poured a lot of efforts into that, and you're taking away their creative freedom. However, if you're complaining about problematic content and/or decisions, there's certainly room for that. And this is not it.

I made the point, that if the situation arises, it should not handwaved with "If you don't like it, ignore it and move on." My example was media related and I was not using the ideal reality. I was using this reality where people would go watch a black face blade, with trump america.

And people keeps on bringing about disrespecting all the hard works that have gone into the season. And I say, what about the sheer disrespect that the writers provided to their viewers, fan by not acknowledging. I mean if we are talking about respect, what about respecting the audience, and ended the show earlier with better conclusion instead of rushed ending. I mean people paid to watch HBO. This is a two way street if you are talking about respect.

Deleted member 17184

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I made the point, that if the situation arises, it should not handwaved with "If you don't like it, ignore it and move on." My example was media related and I was not using the ideal reality. I was using this reality where people would go watch a black face blade, with trump america.

And people keeps on bringing about disrespecting all the hard works that have gone into the season. And I say, what about the sheer disrespect that the writers provided to their viewers, fan by not acknowledging. I mean if we are talking about respect, what about respecting the audience, and ended the show earlier with better conclusion instead of rushed ending. I mean people paid to watch HBO. This is a two way street if you are talking about respect.
The problem is that you're talking about people's jobs, here. I'm sorry, but creators don't answer to the audience. They make products for them, but that doesn't mean that they're obliged to do whatever the public wants. Creators make products, and if people like it, they're successful. However, we can't say a societal issue (racism) is just like an entertainment choice. It's not like an ending, or how character X behaved in Y circumstance, is as problematic as racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. We're talking about creative/business choices compared to severe stuff that people actually get hurt for.

CaughtBeing

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The problem is that you're talking about people's jobs, here. I'm sorry, but creators don't answer to the audience. They make products for them, but that doesn't mean that they're obliged to do whatever the public wants. Creators make products, and if people like it, they're successful. However, we can't say a societal issue (racism) is just like an entertainment choice. It's not like an ending, or how character X behaved in Y circumstance, is as problematic as racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. We're talking about creative/business choices compared to severe stuff that people actually get hurt for.

We are not entitled to the creative/business choice in media entertainment that people actually get hurt for, we should ignore it and move on. And hope they will stop making hurtful things or doing hurtful things.

Racism is perfectly a entertainment choice, we have Joe Rogan, Pewdewpie, Ben shapiro, Steven Chowder, Trump... These people profit off racism, using entertainment tools, people get hurt. Racist make product, alot of racist people consumed them to make to allow the racist to make continued profit.

I think you will or are missing my point. My point was not against or for against this petition, but to state that you cannot simply handwave an issue of media entertainment with "People are not entitled to anything media related. If you don't like it, ignore it. And move on." When simply that is not case ever.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Signed.

Oh wait, shit, I meant to sign the one to edit a version of Season 8 that cuts all the women out. Dammit!

Except Dani.

Dani needs to be wearing her one tit revealing outfit from Qarth in the book, because they were PC SJW cowards to not show that. And she needs to have sex with a 40 year old guy with silver hair and a red goatee who has an American accent and just enough freckles on his face...

Deleted member 17184

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We are not entitled to the creative/business choice in media entertainment that people actually get hurt for, we should ignore it and move on. And hope they will stop making hurtful things or doing hurtful things.

Racism is perfectly a entertainment choice, we have Joe Rogan, Pewdewpie, Ben shapiro, Steven Chowder, Trump... These people profit off racism, using entertainment tools, people get hurt. Racist make product, alot of racist people consumed them to make to allow the racist to make continued profit.

I think you will or are missing my point. My point was not against or for against this petition, but to state that you cannot simply handwave an issue of media entertainment with "People are not entitled to anything media related. If you don't like it, ignore it. And move on." When simply that is not case ever.
I definitely get what you're trying to say, but my point is also different: racism isn't an entertainment choice simply because it's not the same as "let's make this character do a super harsh decision." Racism is something rooted in the person's mind. They can use their horrible mentalities for entertainment purposes, but we're talking about an actual societal problem, here. When these people you've mentioned aren't doing "entertainment," they're still being racists.

You can and should call out when creators are doing problematic issues such as racism, homophobia, sexism, and such.

But if the problem is about a creative (read: not related to the problems mentioned above), or business decision, we can criticize writing skills, debate about what went wrong, and/or just move on. If it's a game, we can provide feedback about technical problems or design stuff (such as buffing or nerfing a skill), because the former is unintentional, and the latter is an acceptable feedback. But it's not like the creators sign a contract with us promising to live up to our expectations in terms of a story. It's what they wanted to do. And trust me, I don't like D&D as writers, but I also don't think I'm entitled to my vision of the franchise. They do what they want, and I have the choice to not support it.

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
If there's one thing nerds as a group need to learn, it's this: It's okay for things to be bad

Teriyaki

Oct 27, 2017
Too expensive to remake. Just let Synder edit season 8 and you can kill two fandoms' dreams with one stone.