• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The last time we saw this petition show up was in May, when it only had 14k votes.

And of course now it is at 1.7 million.

And some actors and other folk responded to the petition as well

My take?

I hated parts of the last season absolutely, but I don't know how they would go about remaking it. It would have to be pitched to the actors and the production crew that this isn't disrespectful, and I think that would be incredibly hard to do.

Oct 25, 2017
If each of those people donated just one dollar, they'd have enough money to remake 1/9th of one episode. Keep believing!

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, GRRM needs to just finish the books so HBO can produce GoT: Brotherhood without D&D.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
It's dead, people. Time to move on.

…….and pray for a more faithful animated adaption one day.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait a decade, remake the entire series via animation/anime

Lower production cost, no barriers in terms or representing the truly grand scale of the world's insane imagery.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tunis is dumb as fuck. The last season was bad. Deal with it and move on

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
This just gets sadder every time I see some group of goobers getting together to sign a petition on something so un-fuckingimportant as a TV show or another piece of media instead of finding something else to do. Its unhealthy, and its best to move on.

Dec 12, 2017
Guranteed that some fanfic video will appear one day that people will gush over, claiming it is superior to the actual finale.

Then declaring it canon in their mind.

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
Also, dummies, there will be a fresh take on this one day when the damn books are finished.
tenor.gif

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
They should remake it but filming it would be pretty expensive, maybe just redo it as a book.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, wouldn't change the fact that the past few seasons were garbage as well, even if internet petitions had a hope in hell of actually working

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Wait a decade, remake the entire series via animation/anime

Lower production cost, no barriers in terms or representing the truly grand scale of the world's insane imagery.
That would be cool once the books are finished (hopefully, one day).

That way, you can hire the original HBO actors to do the voices, even if they're old.

And yeah, call it Game of Thrones Super, or Brotherhood.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Guranteed that some fanfic video will appear one day that people will gush over, claiming it is superior to the actual finale.

Then declaring it canon in their mind.

There's some good talent out their making fan stuff. Doing an entire season's worth of content that they won't really be allowed to make money on seems unlikely, but maybe one episode or two we can hope for that better ties things up.

Dec 12, 2017
There's some good talent out their making fan stuff. Doing an entire season's worth of content that they won't really be allowed to make money on seems unlikely, but maybe one episode or two we can hope for that better ties things up.
Oh no. They won't do the whole season. Just a redux of select moments and the finale and DEFINITELY who sits on the throne.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
People have yet to stop talking about GoT though. Its still incredibly popular and something else in the universe done right could generate alot of bucks.

Well yeah and I hope the Long Night show does well(partly because they actually hired a woman to be the showrunner).

Still, an animated series in the probably distant future would be a dream come true for a lot of fans and it would obviously do good business.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The people that signed this are fucking idiots, and need to grow the fuck up.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Nobody would be satisfied regardless. More people maybe but still. Not worth it. Do a manga.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The problems started much earlier than S8. Remaking that season wouldn't really solve anything

Wait for the inevitable reboot 20 years from now instead

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There's probably no way they could get the cast back together, but I could see it happening in 10-15 years where the current last season is ignored and branches off - similar to the movie trend with Terminator and Halloween of ignoring the bad sequels and taking place after the first 1/2 movies.