• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
www.relyonhorror.com

A Resident Evil Announcement is Coming June 10th (Update: Nope)

While the fog thickens, so too does the veil surrounding Resident Evil and its next entry begin to scale back. A new announcement is coming. Soon.

"Lucky Resident Evil/BioHazard Ambassador members have been receiving a special message, notifying them of an inbound announcement. Twitter user @kula_9S85 was showing off their Gold Class Ambassador card earlier, as well as an attached notification:"

This could be related to just RE Ambassador & a new point structure. However, RE Ambassador also said they be giving updates and news to top RE accounts to share with others. So it's possible The announcement could be related to something happening before the 10th as well. Such as platinum members getting an exclusive RE8 card (just an example). Guess we'll see.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I guess RE8 won't be at Sony's event then. Unless it's a "mini teaser > more info on the 10th" situation.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine a new Silent Hill and Resident Evil 8 being announced at the same month.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Please be a single player Third Person game.

I mean I would prefer fixed camera angle but the chance of that happening are probably zero and I think RE2 and RE3 Remake did a great job. Expanding on that with a completely new setting would be awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing some familar faces in RE8.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
So then, how do we go about ranking up in the Ambassador program? Is it only through the use of Twitter? Wondering how relevant it'll be going forward.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno. It looks like it just says something about results being announced around June 10. I dunno anything about the RE Ambassador program. Was there some contest or vote or something? Not really getting a sense of a game announcement here.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Crossing my fingers for some R3make DLC. Such a missed opportunity that can only be rectified with an Outbreak remake.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 7 was probably my favourite ever game reveal, I hope they do a good one for 8

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this seems like a safe bet for something RE8 related. Still think RE8 will be revealed at the Sony show though.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Best to save these type of posts until after you know what it is.

Could be Operation Raccoon 2 for all we know

Yeah. A few weeks back certain fans were going wild for a SteamDB entry, thinking it meant that we'd get everything as DLC... when it was just the RE3 OST being made purchaseable.

Personally, I am hype, because I thoroughly have enjoyed every RE game released since Revelations 2. If it's RE8, awesome. If it is something else... I'm still guardedly optimistic.

Looks like a lot of stuff is happening in June...Cant wait.

I mean, it makes sense. Despite the fact that a lot of pubs were bailing on it even before the coronavirus, E3 would've been in June, and there's an impetus to "get things ready for E3". Even though everything's been shut down for a few months, I'd imagine there were always plans in place, and the current situation didn't change them beyond "get it on the E3 show floor" has changed to "get it on our own personal internet event".

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
I really hoped for more out of the RE3 Remake, but after RE7 and RE2 I'm still very much in!