• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Josh Trank is fuming right now.

Either that or staring wistfully at other directors through the window as it rain pours on him.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
the movie is still probably a fucking mess, but the trailer style film they shat out is a fucking abomination. I'd want to see his original cut

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
I bet this one requieres less work to be revealed, but who knows. Hope they do, it may be another terrible DC movie, but at least it will make some sense.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather see the Ayer cut than the Snyder cut tbh.

They hired the company that did the trailer to edit it.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
I could be persuaded to believe that there's a decent cut of Justice League somewhere, after 2 bottles of tequilla and a 40Million Post-production budget.
But there isnt enough tequillla and post-production to make me believe that there's a decent cut of Suicide Squad.
Let's get real people, Ayer fooled us all. End of Watch was a decent movie, that he will never be able to replicate. It was his "one hit wonder".
Bright should be enough to convince you, but guess not...
Actually, why do people root for Ayer so hard? End of Watch wasn't even that good. It's not like the guy has ever made a great movie.
But then again, Snyder is the same, so, what do I know...

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Josh Trank is fuming right now.

Either that or staring wistfully at other directors through the window as it rain pours on him.
I honestly would have loved to see his full cut. Maybe it wouldn't have been good but it would have been interesting, especially considering the body horror stuff we did get, and certainly better than the horrid wig so bad it's all I could look at reshoots.

As for SS which I assume this is about, I bet you could make a different cut (was it really edited by the trailer company?) and it would even be possible to gain more coherency, but I don't see how you can edit it into something better.

Brought it on themselves though, since they okayed "a" snyder cut they set precedent and with one of the loudest and whiniest fandoms so I don't expect this sort of thing to end for a long time, if ever.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I could be persuaded to believe that there's a decent cut of Justice League somewhere, after 2 bottles of tequilla and a 40Million Post-production budget.
But there isnt enough tequillla and post-production to make me believe that there's a decent cut of Suicide Squad.
Let's get real people, Ayer fooled us all. End of Watch was a decent movie, that he will never be able to replicate. It was his "one hit wonder".
Bright should be enough to convince you, but guess not...
Actually, why do people root for Ayer so hard? End of Watch wasn't even that good. It's not like the guy has ever made a great movie.
But then again, Snyder is the same, so, what do I know...
Fury was alright.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
WB/HBO opened this can of worms. I don't care if anything does or doesn't come out of this since I don't care to pay to see a new cut of this movie. I'd watch out of curiosity, but not pay to see it.

I'm surprised we haven't seen GoT fans spark up another campaign to remake season 8 yet.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
I think this has a far better chance of being better than the snydercut tbh.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ayer posted this page from the script, as if it's supposed to be some sign of quality. God, I can just imagine how insufferable Leto's performance would be on top of these terrible lines.

EdXvijWU0AEJylj

Last edited:

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
giphy.gif

The 100k target was reached. Now I wait.
EdZ526aX0AAz9X7

Who organized this:
rtayercut.com

Home - #ReleaseTheAyerCut

one-stop source everything David Ayer's Suicide Squad including news events artwork links various sites bloggers relevant movement. Release The Ayer Cut

For the record. The Steppenwolf/Parademons script wasn´t shot. A last-second decision for the worse. He gave Enchantress her powers back, the goo men were human based Parademons, etc. A cool callback to the very first modern SS story from 1986/87 named DC Legends.
nIHkiUV_iTkQvV8B_oSd-dKsvDebsAXh67whfQe4mbg.jpg
eyeyye.jpg

Stuff like this was shot through and is fully scored. Dito for the possed Katana fight. As seen from the script page above.
Joker-in-fight-against-Enchantress-Suicide-Squad-concept-art.jpg

How the movie is supposed to sound:

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
The original teaser before the reshoots:
www.youtube.com

Suicide Squad - Comic-Con First Look [HD]

David Ayer's SUICIDE SQUAD is in theaters August 5, 2016.Pre-order “Suicide Squad: The Album” and receive instant downloads of twenty one pilots' "Heathens”,...

Nearly all the postproduction work is done on this original director´s cut. Test audiences saw this cut (where some of the leaks came from). Ayer and his editor didn´t even get to touch the released film. They didn´t approve of the color grading decisions, the non-linear structure, the pop score (the Ayer Cut has zero of them), etc.
Very sketchy stuff. I actually like the extended Blu Ray cut of SS but this shit needs to stop - cries in WB´s Blade Runner- and there are zero downsides for the studio. The regime that did this is gone, WB has little content due to COVID19 and HBO Max is a revolving door right now so why not? Only free publicity for The Suicide Squad awaits. And more eyes on HBO Max. Snyder did a few days of shooting for his 2021 JLA film or mini-series. Ayer needs none of that.

There is a grassroots campaign for Batman Forever in the style of the Snyder and now Ayer Cut. I hate that film and don´t care much for the known deleted scenes but I will participate if they organize something like this: Joel had been talking about releasing his version since... forever. RIP.

Last edited:

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At least ask for cuts from Good Directors.

Where's #ReleaseTheLordAndMillerCut for Solo.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Why not? Suicide Squad is easily the worst DC film from me, but that SCREAMED studio interference from me moreso than artistry fartistry. Maybe it'll be just as mediocre as the theatrical release, maybe it'll be have Star Wars Prequel level memery via Leto's joker. Who knows...

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Ayer posted this page from the script, as if it's supposed to be some sign of quality. God, I can just imagine how insufferable Leto's Joker would be delivering these lines.

EdXvijWU0AEJylj
This is why Leto's Joker was doom to fail from the get go. Who the fuck could make that work? Ayer's idea of what Joker should be is dookie butter.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I hate Rob Liefeld but thx. Whatever it takes.

The director wants this done.
The film´s cinematographer wants this done:
Diablo´s actor wants this done:
The director of Birds of Prey wants this done:
The director of the sequel gave his blessing twice:

This Joker would say such lines, aka the confirmed source material:
631a8086-1f47-4a6d-b17f-e1fb5b6646a5.388b1fff9d678fed08514ddea8f19f9c.jpeg

Azzarello´s Joker further does coke, has ties to the gang banger scene, and is a serial rapist.
The Joker is SS is the closest we ever came to a comic accurate portrayal since 1966 outside of animation and games. The 2nd Joker in Gotham wasn´t that far from the mark either. I liked all the life action Jokers so far, TDK easily wins, but that was a vast reinterpretation. SS is fairly close to an adaptation. #Damaged or not. Letoker has a dragon tattoo on his back btw that isn't seen for some reason. It´s out of All Star Batman. A comic I neither like nor hate.
EbugQFFX0AcW1oT.jpg
95665.jpg

He is in one issue, hates women, is kinda rapy and has depression. Comic Jokers come in all sizes, that´s the moral here:
6140a92d9a92b28bf49e5e68bd787c8e.png

Edit: Zack Snyder wants this done too. Of course.
Edit 2: Also Karen Fukuhara (Katana). Too lazy to look but true.

Last edited:

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Snitches get stitches, especially Joker saying that
5PxG.gif
Lmao I would pay good money to watch Leto deliver that line

Birds of Prey is goddamn Shakespeare next to this shit
Not really. BP's writing and humor was Borderlands-tier bad. Don't forget, the entire last act's narrative revolves around literal toilet humor.

Jurnee was the only redeeming factor of that film. Hope they can get her in a Green Arrow film or something.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh
Thanks, I hate it

This edited image in the replies is also disgusting to me

Edaa1ELWsAI9YYX

However, I had never seen or known of the image it was edited from, which is incredible

ap_aptopix_heat_bucks_basketball.jpg

with video context here

And I believe this is counts as an example of a "Father-Son Kamehameha" so I can post it in my thread on the subject:

www.resetera.com

Other “Father-Son Kamehameha” moments in media

finally got around to seeing they live-action Lion King remake, and the moment Scar’s smug ass was shook by seeing Simba return thinking it was somehow Mufasa reminded me of the DBZ’s iconic father-son kamehameha moment (the earlier roar to frighten the hyenas from when Simba was a cub is also...

thank you!

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I guess Leto Joker could work if you rewrote and re-shot it to adhere to a more ironic meta vibe, but I seriously doubt Ayer is even able to begin such a task if he had the budget and backing.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Ayer posted this page from the script, as if it's supposed to be some sign of quality. God, I can just imagine how insufferable Leto's performance would be on top of these terrible lines.

EdXvijWU0AEJylj
Leto signed on before a script was made. He seemed to understand the character very well in early interviews and was probably just as disappointed reading the shitty script and had to ham up those lines written for him.

An Ayer cut isnt going to fix anything he was mostly the problem with the movie. Maybe it would make a bit more sense but it won't fix it and the world and characters and shit script he built in it.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I loved the theatrical and extended cut of Suicide Squad. I'm down for more!
cec10d951d4856fd878d9b60b5c0bc0f.gif

The Ayer Cut is a fully shot film first of all. Confirmed by the director and there are known people who saw his cut. The film´s award-winning novelization by Marv Wolfman is also mostly based on the original shooting script. That´s how last second the extensive reshoots were!

Suicide Squad: The Official Movie Novelization: Wolfman, Marv: 9781785651670: Books - Amazon

Suicide Squad: The Official Movie Novelization: Wolfman, Marv: 9781785651670: Books - Amazon

Ayer has been cocky about this in a way that is usual for a 2 decade Hollywood personality. Like gloves of cocky:
tg51j475b1051.png

Ayer is currently developing a remake of The Dirty Dozen (of course) for WB so he gets along with the current administration. Now to the more interesting bit.
A rando comics site "broke" that JLA 2021 isn´t the only Snyder Verse film that is getting new post-production work:
theculturednerd.org

[EXCLUSIVE] Multiple Studios to Work on VFX For Snyder Cut and Ayer Cut

Word on the street is that members of the VFX studio, Zoic Studios, have been tapped by The Stone Quarry to complete remaining VFX work for Zack Snyder's Justice League and David Ayer's Suicide Squad director cuts.
I had no reason to trust them then but they featured legit Snyder Verse leaks as this Jim Lee production art from only a day ago.
qg9qr25o8nb51.jpg

There may not be confirmed fire around the Ayer Cut but clearly a lot of smoke. DC KINO is back on the menu boys and girls.
Production houses are further hurting BAD right now. The Snyder Cut might actually save a VFX company or two. That is an objective win for the industry. We frankly need any XYZ Cut right now to save real jobs.

Last edited:

plain

Oct 27, 2017
lol. Who wants to see more of Leto's Joker?

I will only accept a cut with all his scenes deleted or have him digitally replaced.