• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
These are still some huge gaps. But if they can stick to the schedule without delays, then it's nice to actually know when to expect them.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's alot of time between episodes. I think this only works if they can guarantee an episode every month.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
How long are those episodes? Comparable to the first LiS? Because gaps between them seem to be really long.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Nice job disclosing it in advance. But still... 15 months for the whole game is just too much.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving LiS2, but I think they should maybe consider not going episodic for LiS3. I don't want them to rush anything, but these are huge breaks between releases.

On the bright side, I have plenty of time to replay episode 2.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game should serve as a blueprint for what not to do if you want to make a financially successful episodic game sequel.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn can't really fuck with those gaps. Probably just gonna replay Episode 1 and check out the rest in December

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
hot damn .. those are some really huge gaps. Not sure why the gaps are so large in this game.

The first game had 2 month gaps between each episode, the final episode had a few extra weeks, but the rest were clockwork.

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
Should have delayed the release of Episode 1 to ensure they could release the episodes closer together.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Really weird how it's taking that long. Hopefully the additional delay is because they need to create new environments for each episode or something.

I can see the original LIS games being easier to do in a timely manner because of location re-use. If this one re-uses anything, though.. boy.

jizzywinks

Oct 27, 2017
UK
How has this one been received? I feel like there's been a lot less talk about it than with the first season and BTS

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to know in advance at least and I've been enjoying LiS2 thus far, but woof, that's some wait.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How long are those episodes? Comparable to the first LiS? Because gaps between them seem to be really long.
The episodes are longer, the assets are better, and the game has an overall larger scope (doesn't take place in the same environments, doesn't feature the same characters from episode to episode, etc.). What LiS1 has over LiS2 in scale was the time manipulation, and how the game had to account for your ability to use it at any moment and for some puzzles.
How has this one been received? I feel like there's been a lot less talk about it than with the first season and BTS
Very well. But the big gap between episodes is part of the reason there's been less talk about this than when Life is Strange 1 really picked up in terms of word of mouth.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Those massive gaps are a big mistake. Shame because I really do like this game. It has a wonderful premise. I don't think they should continue the episodic model in the future if they keep being spaced out like this.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The thing with Life Is Strange 1 and Before the Storm is that they recycled a lot of the environments, but this is a road trip so they have to keep building unique sets. I think the vision for this project has just outstripped the actual realities of what's possible within the confines of the episodic model.

It doesn't help that Telltale collapsed since this debuted and it hasn't really resonated with fans of the original. (Even though I think the first two episodes have been excellent!)

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
I've really been enjoying season 2, but yeah, these gaps are pretty bad.

If there is another LiS, hopefully they either plan out the release better or just ditch the episodic format

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I would say the game itself has been fairly well received, but a lot of things outside the game (price increase, much longer wait between episodes, Telltale collapse etc) has led to fewer people talking about it over longer stretches of time.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Damn...didn't expect it to be completed by the end of the year. Are the first 2 eps longer than any of the eps in LiS and BtS?

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
The thing with Life Is Strange 1 and Before the Storm is that they recycled a lot of the environments, but this is a road trip so they have to keep building unique sets. I think the vision for this project has just outstripped the actual realities of what's possible within the confines of the episodic model.

Pretty much this, yeah. Also, despite being a road trip story, the scale of the game is still largely small and intimate, which makes the longer waits feel somewhat inexplicable, even if they're totally justified on the development side.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Goddamn that's a long time until all episodes are out. I will pass and wait for the full package. This is why I hate episodic games.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Should have just released it non episodic at this point, It's hard to maintain interest in an ongoing story with such gaps in playing.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Last epsiode arrives on my birthday.

Guess i know what im playing around then. But jeez 15 months is too much. Just release the game as a whole ackage

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a long time for the entire season. I haven't played episode 2 yet, I keep forgetting about it, even though I liked the first one a lot.

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017
Hot damn, those gaps.

I was a huge fan of Season 1 and Before the Storm, but haven't jumped into S2 yet... and seeing that schedule I probably won't until the final episode is reasonably close at least.

I understand the game is a lot more work to produce as production values went up a lot and all that, but just for me personally, such huge pauses between episodes would be too much. Feels like I'd forget half the decisions I've made and the things that happened. ;)

Good on them for putting out a schedule though.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the wait too much. LiS 2 has, at least from a technically level, really impressed so far and I think this is still a reasonable time frame to release all the episodes within. I imagine i'll play each episode as they release, and then replay 1-4 right before 5 comes out and do a big marathon.

OP
OP
NeoRaider

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018

It doesn't help that Telltale collapsed since this debuted and it hasn't really resonated with fans of the original. (Even though I think the first two episodes have been excellent!)
I understand that. But SE should have waited more before releasing first episode. Releasing first episode while having next 2 almost finished should have been their priority.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

It's been "well-received", but honestly I don't think the story and characters are grabbing an audience like the first one did. They took a big risk doing something totally different from LiS 1 and BtS and I don't think it's paying off.

The first one in particular had a lot of replay value with using the rewind mechanic in different ways. Season 2 just doesn't have that.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I am totally fine with the developers taking their time and not rushing anything. It's not as though there aren't tons of other great games coming out to occupy ones time with.

The first episode was really solid. Although it feels like more of a slow burn then the original, the storytelling feels vastly more mature and elevated.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
If they can hold to that schedule, better to get out in front of it and announce it now, but those gaps are disappointingly large, and it being so far off makes me even more skeptical they can actually hit it. And I'm sure there are good reasons why it's taking so long, but if feel like they need to be better about communicating what is making a game that does not feel substantially more complex than LiS1 take so much longer

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't gotten around to episode 2 yet due to the wait and it falling out of my attention... this pretty much just killed any chance of me willing myself to get to it.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
They should have held back on releasing Episode one so early. Those gaps are brutal. Looking forward to playing the future episodes though.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they're doing a really good job so I'm not upset. there are more than enough good games in the mean time

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
loool. I got the game very cheap at least cus there was no way i was paying $40 for it. However having to wait for over more than a year to play it is some straight up bullshit.

The game looks good at least.