• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kowhite

May 14, 2019
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that while this was the plan, this four hour version is not part 1 + part 2. It is still just Part 1, but longer. The "Part 2" movie was never filmed and isn't coming.

This is correct, there is no part 2. Synder has a 3 hour cut of BvS is him having a 4 hour Justice League that hard to believe? He's more indulgent than Michael Bay.

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer this over the miniseries idea.

The BvS:UE is 3.5 hours I believe and that flies by to me, can't wait.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that while this was the plan, this four hour version is not part 1 + part 2. It is still just Part 1, but longer. The "Part 2" movie was never filmed and isn't coming.

Yeah, exactly.
Oh, sorry. I wasn't clear in my initial post. Yes, there is no part 2 coming. I meant that they're giving him the 4 hours to essentially closed out his trilogy of movies instead of leaving it as a massive cliffhanger that it was originally intended to be.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, sorry. I wasn't clear in my initial post. Yes, there is no part 2 coming. I meant that they're giving him the 4 hours to essentially closed out his trilogy of movies instead of leaving it as a massive cliffhanger that it was originally intended to be.
Are we sure that is actually going to happen even? Or is it just wishful thinking? If this is truly his original vision, wouldn't there still be a cliffhanger for the second part?

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I watched the extended version of "Once Upon a Time in America" and even that masterpiece didn't deserve 4 straight hours of running time.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
THank god this is streaming so we can at least fast forward. I cant even imagine sitting in a theater for 4 hours.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
This is probably the right way to do it. Snyder struggles to be coherent over a two and a half hour movie usually, if he had to edit it into hour long parts he'd have no hope in hell.

I still don't have any faith in someone who has proven time and time again that he doesn't understand any of these characters, don't get me wrong, but this is his better shot of the two formats for sure.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Are we sure that is actually going to happen even? Or is it just wishful thinking? If this is truly his original vision, wouldn't there still be a cliffhanger for the second part?
From the interviews he's been giving the past few months it seems like it's a movie to close out his story (which is why it's 4 hours long), but that the teases there are still "opens" for future things to happen if WB decides to go forward with more. I just don't see those teases being anything super significant cause WB is def not continuing with his vision (unless it's an animated movie or comic book).

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
if your viewing session for Justice League lasts more than 4 hours please contact your physician immediately.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
This is probably the right way to do it. Snyder struggles to be coherent over a two and a half hour movie usually, if he had to edit it into hour long parts he'd have no hope in hell.

I still don't have any faith in someone who has proven time and time again that he doesn't understand any of these characters, don't get me wrong, but this is his better shot of the two formats for sure.
I'm pretty sure that if you can't tell a story in 2,5 hours you'll get an even worse result in 4. I hope I'm wrong and this ends up being the best movie ever made but whatever.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So what happens if the Snyder cut is still shit? What will DC fans try to cling onto next?
Can we not do this? Snders cult is not representative of the average DC fan who from what I can tell (I am more of a marvel person and am eating good, but like all comics and talk to just as many DC fans) want this to be over and just want films that do for DC what Marvel has done, comic accurate adaptions that capture the spirit of why people love these characters, not Superman snapping necks.

These people are fans of Snyder not comic books, which becomes apparent with both a. The persecution complex and everything being an attack on Snyder and no one recognizing his brilliance blah blah blah b. His bad adaptions wouldn't be such an argument amongst people if the average DC fan liked his versions, and most of the real hatred for these films are not about anything else with Snyder beyond his adaptions being shit.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't take 4 straight hours of Snyder bullshit... I was really looking forward to it being a miniseries. Dammit.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Can we not do this? Snders cult is not representative of the average DC fan who from what I can tell (I am more of a marvel person and am eating good, but like all comics and talk to just as many DC fans) want this to be over and just want films that do for DC what Marvel has done, comic accurate adaptions that capture the spirit of why people love these characters, not Superman snapping necks.

These people are fans of Snyder not comic books, which becomes apparent with both a. The persecution complex and everything being an attack on Snyder and no one recognizing his brilliance blah blah blah b. His bad adaptions wouldn't be such an argument amongst people if the average DC fan liked his versions, and most of the real hatred for these films are not about anything else with Snyder beyond his adaptions being shit.

Seriously. Why can't we have DC films like the animated universe DC was doing recently? They weren't all great but some of them were really fun and they did Superman well instead of morphing him into a selfish Randian asshole.

Why can't we have a good movie Superman? Until Snyder's era is over we'll never be able to move the hell on.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Great news. You can extend a film without changing too much of the structure and flow but chopping it into 4 one hour segments would completely change the film.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
you babies want 1 hour movies, while us adults are ready to be overfed prime American superhero kino.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
ej3peae1o5v41.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
There's no way this ends up being anything other than a colossal shitshow lmao. I'm betting it's worse than the original version, despite being more consistent.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
wait, what happened to the miniseries thing? I figured that a small series would play towards Snyder's strengths more

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
This is good, because this way the thing will drop, people will post about it for a week, and it will vanish into obscurity for all but the most devoted of the Snyder Cult. The miniseries approach would have kept it popping up in the discourse for a full month as each episode dropped. Better to get the shitshow over with all at once and move on.

I prefer this over the miniseries idea.

The BvS:UE is 3.5 hours I believe and that flies by to me, can't wait.

Good lord this can't be a real thing anyone has said. Christ that movie is eternal trash.

wait, what happened to the miniseries thing? I figured that a small series would play towards Snyder's strengths more

He was always cutting it as a four hour film, as the limited theatrical release was planned that way. Splitting it up into a four part series was a way to keep people coming back to the app once a week for a month. This move means that either Snyder decided he'd rather have it seen as one whole chunk or that WB/HBO doesn't think it's strong enough to keep people coming back four weeks in a row and the numbers will be better as a singular launch. I'm willing to bet both of those things are true, frankly.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
This is good, because this way the thing will drop, people will post about it for a week, and it will vanish into obscurity for all but the most devoted of the Snyder Cult. The miniseries approach would have kept it popping up in the discourse for a full month as each episode dropped. Better to get the shitshow over with all at once and move on.

Good lord this can't be a real thing anyone has said. Christ that movie is eternal trash.

He was always cutting it as a four hour film, as the limited theatrical release was planned that way. Splitting it up into a four part series was a way to keep people coming back to the app once a week for a month. This move means that either Snyder decided he'd rather have it seen as one whole chunk or that WB/HBO doesn't think it's strong enough to keep people coming back four weeks in a row and the numbers will be better as a singular launch. I'm willing to bet both of those things are true, frankly.

snyder recently say that he's done with the franchise after this. which is weird because I remember him being really hyped to continue months ago

I guess that filming his zombie movie reminded him how easy it was to do movies that aren't constrained by a franchise and that he enjoys it way more

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
snyder recently say that he's done with the franchise after this. which is weird because I remember him being really hyped to continue months ago

I guess that filming his zombie movie reminded him how easy it was to do movies that aren't constrained by a franchise and that he enjoys it way more

It also helps that WB has outright said they're done with him after this. They want to move on, and at the end of the day it's their decision.