• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
However, that no longer seems like the case, as Snyder said that his cut would be a "one shot" film (via What's On HBO Max). On the social media platform Vero, where Snyder is fairly active, a fan asked the filmmaker to clarify whether or not his cut of Justice League would be a mini-series or a feature film. Snyder responded with "one shot," seemingly confirming that the Snyder Cut will be a feature film.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-zack-snyder-cut-not-show/amp/

Now we can suffer 4 hours at once!!

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Rather than restoring Snyder's true, intended vision, this sounds as if it's being made up on the fly.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
For reference: RotK extended is also about 4 hours and it can drag on.

So when a masterpiece can feel draggy then how does 4 hours of shit feel like?

Should have made it 30 minutes episodes everything else is just too much for Snyder content.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Both times I watched Justice League, I wasn't sitting there thinking "wow this movie is too short, where's all the content?"

I cannot imagine making it four hours long will fix ANY of its problems.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
I cannot believe there are people anticipating this.
45477856.jpg

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I kinda wish they'd release it as Justice League - Part 1/2 like the original plan was.

240 minutes of Zack Snyder just sounds exhausting. I will probably watch it in 2 sittings.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Will another final boss be added or is it the same story with Steppenwolf but longer

Steppenwolf is still the big bad. The story itself is largely unchanged, from my understanding, there's just a lot of extra stuff and like future stuff BvS hinted at. The core story of the League coming together and whatnot was the same across all the cuts.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I liked the idea actually of breaking it up cause now I'm gonna have to decide when to take a break myself, it's whatever. Feels weird they haven't decided these sorts of things already though.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Bring it on. Here's hoping for an 8 hour extended cut down the line so ya'll can suffer some more.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
YES! So much better than trying to cut a movie into TV series pieces. That sounded like a trainwreck idea from the beginning.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember how the super long cut of Watchmen went so I'm honestly expecting much from another cobbled together Snyder magnum opus.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I feel like this is the opposite of what they should be doing and a miniseries would work better than a movie. But then again this entire Snyder cut hype has baffled me and I'm clearly not the target audience so what do I know

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
this is just a joke at this point, right? Or do people really think his cut is going to somehow save it?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why this is something to rejoice. If it's that long, being split into episodes would have absolutely been a better way to put it out than one unmanageable 4 hour release.

It's not like Snyder's original movie would have ever actually been 4 hours.

Of course, either way, it is very likely Snyder's version of Justice League will still not be a good movie at all. Best it can hope for is being better than the theatrical version imo, and I wouldn't say that is a foregone conclusion either.

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
If you're gonna watch a movie for four hours straight, do yourself a favour and watch Love Exposure instead.

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
No way in hell I'm watching a 4 hour movie. Wouldn't matter who directed it.

Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017
Who needs pacing when you can take ALL the footage from the cutting room floor and hot glue it together?!?

Deleted member 32005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I watched Action Button's 6 hour review of a Japanese only 90's dating sim I will never play. I feel like I can watch anything.

Oct 25, 2017
wait but wasnt there some interview he did where he acted like he designed it in a chapter format all along and that chapters was what he really wanted all along for realsies
what happened to that

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Also, the original budget wasn't even that much. Zack shoots under budget and on time, that's why he keeps getting work. He just knows how to get the coverage he needs and ends up shooting way more than he knows he'll use. This is the one case that he's actually allowed to use all the footage he shot (and 4 extra minutes).

I kinda wish this was split into 4 episodes just to keep engagement high, but oh well. Will be there day 1.

suaveric

Nov 9, 2017
This new version has had an additional $70 million allocated towards it, including shooting new footage that didn't exist before.

the new stuff was filmed for just a week vs months from the original shoot. This is almost all from the original script. The 70 million is mostly for finishing the FX shots.