• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jorgeobamajr

Oct 25, 2017
A fun 'recap' of this Smash release cycle with Reggie reacting to the biggest moments and commenting about it.

Some highlights
- Reggie mains Ridley
- Reggie does not have a big belly, unlike K. Rool
- Reggie knows the content of Nintendo's games... but didn't know Piranha Plant in Smash had feet :3

Lock if old

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Piranha Plant has feet?!
Yes.
1541183829003-gif.175073

Christo750

May 10, 2018
This was wholesome content.

I like when Reggie talks off the cuff. Dude is usually always on, but this had a more casual vibe.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
He didn't answer it in the video, but I'm really curious how the Nintendo teams in general (not just NoA) find out about and react to Smash characters. Like, presumably Treehouse finds out about most of the cast at once, and maybe due to legal and promotion things Reggie might know everything super early, but do they get really excited over emails or rumors among staff or stuff? I assume their 'Smash cycle' is totally different than ours.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
This was wholesome content.

I like when Reggie talks off the cuff. Dude is usually always on, but this had a more casual vibe.

It'd be nice to see him in more things like this. I think part of the problem is we mostly only see him when he's specifically there to promote, and most questions people ask him wind up being about things he can't talk about. Interviewers would probably get more interesting conversations and off the cuff reactions from him if they talked about things he didn't have to hide info about.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
At least Reggie knows people had the expectation that Persona 5 is coming to Switch.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
It'd be nice to see him in more things like this. I think part of the problem is we mostly only see him when he's specifically there to promote, and most questions people ask him wind up being about things he can't talk about. Interviewers would probably get more interesting conversations and off the cuff reactions from him if they talked about things he didn't have to hide info about.
I want someone to ask him about his childhood.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The guy doesn't stop interrupting the girl. What annoying piece of human being.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Reggie is like the perfect guy for the job he does. You know he's speaking pr most of the time and yet you don't care for some reason.

Deleted member 2099

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always watch Nintendo Minutes, naturally they always bring happiness to me. But to be graced with the presence of Reggie? Now that's a glorious treat, and a joy while at it. I wish he was featured more in the Nintendo Minute video series. I hope they show him again for the Animal Crossing post release reaction, then the Metroid Prime 4 post release reaction, and respectively so forth for big Nintendo titles.

He can be the "&Knuckles" of the Nintendo Minutes. Imagine that... "Nintendo Minute & Reggie: Animal Crossing/Metroid Prime 4/etc Reaction".

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean if Petey Piranha has feet (or perhaps more accurately modified roots), surely a lesser Piranha plant would have them too

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even Reggie was disgusted that people would actually hit Isabelle.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Don't wanna read too much into this... but I doubt they'd keep Reggie acknowledging the desire for Persona 5 on Switch if something wasn't happening.

But still, was a fun little video. Was interesting seeing someone so involved with all the marketing stuff doing the whole 'react' thing; him going all "I know what comes next I worked on it!" got a laugh out of me.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I had the same thought. He didn't need to mention this in the way he did.

It's less that he mentioned it, the video was clearly more candid than usual, it's the fact that he or whoever oversaw the editing kept it in despite knowing the implications. Though, frankly, I've learnt not to ever expect anything so I'm gonna just take this as a minor blip on an otherwise tight PR machine.

Jan 2, 2018
It's less that he mentioned it, the video was clearly more candid than usual, it's the fact that he or whoever oversaw the editing kept it in despite knowing the implications. Though, frankly, I've learnt not to ever expect anything so I'm gonna just take this as a minor blip on an otherwise tight PR machine.

Yeah, it's hard sometimes. I mean, he hinted at Metroid prior to the reveal of Prime 4 and Samus Returns, but we have yet to see if anything happens with Mother 3.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's a fun video. Seeing Reggie speaking somewhat casually on Smash's promotional cycle is pretty interesting. Could be fun to see more videos in this style.