• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So let me start with a simple topic, have you all bought any new wardrobe item for autumn?

Yes! I bought some sweaters and sweatshirts from H&M in early September but i
I've just now been able to wear them finally (it's been hot as hell in Georgia). One of the heels to these boots I got last year broke which sucked so I'm going to have to get some knew ones.

Sorithin

Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland
So let me start with a simple topic, have you all bought any new wardrobe item for autumn?

I feel like I'm the only one in the world, but I hate clothes and shopping D:

In the fall and winter, all I wear are jeans and hoodies/north face/t-shirts hah. I don't wear scarves, boots, cute jackets, etc.

So boring, but I like being warm and comfy.

Oct 25, 2017
No new clothes for me - my cat was really sick and had to be hospitalized, so things are going to be a little tight for a while. I might use some American Express rewards points at REI to pick up a few more sweaters.

I wore my brown boots yesterday - felt so good to bust those out again!

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope with the new forum we will all be more inclined to keep the thread going.

I'm thinking about getting a new light scarf.

I actually bought quite a bit of new fall clothes this week. All my old fall clothes from last year is too big for me now so I got a couple sweaters, a couple cardigans, about 5 long sleeve shirts, a couple pairs of jeans, pair of leggings, long skirt and a cute pair of boots. Badly needed some warmer clothes as I've been cold all the time lately.

dee_activate

Oct 25, 2017
world
No new clothes for me - my cat was really sick and had to be hospitalized, so things are going to be a little tight for a while.

Oh no, I hope your kitty is doing better.

I actually bought quite a bit of new fall clothes this week. All my old fall clothes from last year is too big for me now so I got a couple sweaters, a couple cardigans, about 5 long sleeve shirts, a couple pairs of jeans, pair of leggings, long skirt and a cute pair of boots. Badly needed some warmer clothes as I've been cold all the time lately.

Lucky you!! All my last year fall clothes are too small :/ Currently trying to work on that though.

indigo blue

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Woo finally home! What a busy morning

That's so adorable omg. Yeah it hit me in the feels too. I was also angry at what a bullshit choice you're left with.

We sat for like 10 minutes trying to choose at that ending. I think we'd have been pissed if we picked the "wrong" one first because... yea

I wish we would get some autumn! So far this year it has been 70-80 most days in NY! It is cool for a short time in the morning but by afternoon it has been 70-80 most days, with only a few days closer to 60. Last Sunday it was 80! It is odd doing fall festivals and being warm! I seriously think it is going to be warm and then suddenly get cold and snow 5 feet.

I agree! I swear September was hotter than August and October has had so many warm weekends. At times it felt more like spring but the changing leaves... too many days with temperature swings tho -_-

Grey hoodie club <3

hw0IflS.jpg

Yaaaaaasss <3

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope with the new forum we will all be more inclined to keep the thread going.

Haha, no. I hate shopping for clothes because my size is a major pain in the ass and I'm cheap. I still wear the same long sleeve shirts I had in high school.

Oct 25, 2017
I should probably pick up a few things but I still wear some clothes from middle school. lol
Also it's hot here like 90% of the year so it feels like a waste sometimes to get more than a little cold time clothing.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

Yes! I bought four cashmere sweaters! They were sooooo cheap ($39.90/each, 100% cashmere). Uniqlo has some bargain prices.

I have 1747582 scarves, but I never wear any.

Btw any of y'all ever try alpaca wool before? I'm curious...but if it's itchy, :(. My skin is very delicate and I can't wear most wools.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hi ladies, and others. Happy to be on a forum where our thoughts and feelings actually matter from our perspective.

My mother bought me around three sweaters from Express, and they are super duper comfy! I also got some new tennis shoes.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Lucky you!! All my last year fall clothes are too small :/ Currently trying to work on that though.

Actually managed to get quite a bunch of things for what it cost. Got some stuff that were B1G1 and clearance and such at target. Marshalls got some stuff cheap and a got most of the rest at a local thrift store. Getting about 7 barely used things for $30 is always nice!

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Hooray!! I'm finally in :) I changed my email to a gmail (instead of ISP) and the confirmation came through.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
All of this dissing of pullovers!

I just find pullovers always fit me better than zippered hoodies. Zippered hoodies I always have a problem with keeping zipped all the way up unless I buy them way too big to be comfortable.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
All of this dissing of pullovers!

I just find pullovers always fit me better than zippered hoodies. Zippered hoodies I always have a problem with keeping zipped all the way up unless I buy them way too big to be comfortable.

I own/like both. Though I do prefer zippered hoodies as they are just a bit easier to put on/take off. Already own a zippered hoodie from spring but the 2 sweaters I got this week were pullovers.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wearing a super fluffy fleece lined flannel shirt because it's cold as hell here today. I'm still cold.
My feet are always cold.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I really want is a new jacket. I had one for years that was a psuedo motorcycle jacket. I bought it in middle school and donated it recently once I stopped being able to zip it over my chest. :(

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I'm wearing a super fluffy fleece lined flannel shirt because it's cold as hell here today. I'm still cold.
My feet are always cold.

I'm always cold, too! Especially in the office.

Cotton is COLD. Cotton is for hot dry weather. Try artificial/synthetics-- you'll be warm. Or, go with cashmere. You'll need much less bulkiness to have the same warmth. For socks, go with merino wool socks-- less stink, more warmth, WIN.

I prefer pullovers. I dress very 90s so that might partly be why, but also; I've never met a zipper I couldnt destroy.

Zippers always get caught in my hair. Or, I cut myself on them.

That being said, I LOVE LOVE LOVE American Giant sweatshirts. You might want to try them, the zippers are rock solid.

I still prefer zippered. Pullovers are hard to take off, and they're not very flattering on me.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I'm always cold, too! Especially in the office.

Cotton is COLD. Cotton is for hot dry weather. Try artificial/synthetics-- you'll be warm. Or, go with cashmere. You'll need much less bulkiness to have the same warmth. For socks, go with merino wool socks-- less stink, more warmth, WIN.

I have cashmere socks on and I'm drinking hot tea. My hands and feet are still cold. I have very low blood pressure so that might have something to do with it.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh by the way in the previous thread I asked about makeup and cosplay. I ended up cosplaying for the first time at PAX this year and it was amazing and so much fun. Thanks to everyone who gave me some tips.
Slacks are the common choice and bonus point if they look good on you. I usually rock black slim jeans with my blazer and blouse.

I'm not a huge fan of Maya but I never shipped Phoenix with anyone either :p

Good luck for the interview!
I love bringing the whole outfit together to see how it looks. Once I pick up some extra shoes and pants I'll see what I like the best and will rock the shit out of it lol

Also thank you! I'm hoping it goes well so I can basically leave my current job.
You might not know me but I know how you have defended FFVIII multiple times. For that you have my eternal gratitude :3
I feel like I recognize the username but I'm not a 100% sure xD This forum is becoming better by the minute. So many VIII fans popping out. Also I will continue to do so here and you should join the FF comm since it's chill so far. I'll also try to get the VIII ps4 thread up if it ever get's announced but we will see how fast I can get that going or if I'll ever even get the chance to make it.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I have cashmere socks on and I'm drinking hot tea. My hands and feet are still cold. I have very low blood pressure so that might have something to do with it.

It might as I deal with low blood pressure too and feet/hands are always cold. Smashed my head through I wall this spring because I blacked out while going into the bathroom during the night due to my low BP, got a concussion and sprained wrist from the wall/fall. Stay warm and safe!

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
It might as I deal with low blood pressure too and feet/hands are always cold. Smashed my head through I wall this spring because I blacked out while going into the bathroom during the night due to my low BP, got a concussion and sprained wrist from the wall/fall. Stay warm and safe!

I get my blood pressure checked a lot because I've had a ton of surgeries for nerve damage. One time it was so low they asked me if I was dead. Then they asked if I was a zombie.
I'm actually a zombie.

GraphicViolets

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I got some new clothes yesterday. more summer stuff since theres shorts and skirts but they were all on sale and a casual dress and a nice cardigan. also they're a bit small for me rn but given I've already lost 25 lbs, I'm expecting to get there eventually
also a few pairs of long socks

Hey. Glad to be here. :)
I'm disappointed that I had to see your avatar to realize your username said Raven Roth

Include

Oct 25, 2017
It's lovely reading all of your purchases! You all are enabling me!! And for some of you who didn't purchase it is obviously fine. To each their own budget/priorities and love/hate relationship with shopping :D

indigo blue The only thing I can suggest is visiting your favorites shops online or otherwise and chose one that capture your eyes, that's usually what I do. I sometimes kinda spend an unhealthy amount of hours looking for an item until something truly catch my fancy.

Wazzy Confidence is the key, you will rock the interview for sure!!

And since we are talking about hoodies, I must confess I never owned any... Ever! Until last year when I was gifted a dark blue one without zip. I also have never owned any plaids.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I get my blood pressure checked a lot because I've had a ton of surgeries for nerve damage. One time it was so low they asked me if I was dead. Then they asked if I was a zombie.
I'm actually a zombie.

I really should get a BP monitor, usually I wait until it gets really low then I'm struggling to not fall over every time I stand up.

Please don't eat my brains, I'm sure they aren't very tasty!