• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking for recommendations for lotion that smells good but not too overpowering. I have trash taste and usually stick with men's lotion and I just wanted to smell pretty for a change :) My skin isn't that sensitive though I sometimes get Eczema but it usually goes away pretty quick. (and it's always right under my arms or the inside part of my arm because of course it has to be where it's constantly rubbed because my body hates me.) But yeah if anyone could recommend me so nice smelling but not overpowering lotions I'd appreciate it. :)

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I'm looking for recommendations for lotion that smells good but not too overpowering. I have trash taste and usually stick with men's lotion and I just wanted to smell pretty for a change :) My skin isn't that sensitive though I sometimes get Eczema but it usually goes away pretty quick. (and it's always right under my arms or the inside part of my arm because of course it has to be where it's constantly rubbed because my body hates me.) But yeah if anyone could recommend me so nice smelling but not overpowering lotions I'd appreciate it. :)

There's probably a lot better advice in the skincare thread, but I like this one from Amara

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0118DM6Y0/?tag=era0f0-20

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

My sense of smell is not as strong as others so these might be strong but not as strong to 'me' if that makes sense?

I bought this body butter/cream from buttermeup goods and really like it so far. They also have other scents if this scent doesn't sound appealing to you.
https://www.buttermeupgoods.com/product-page/buttercreme-cheesecake

I also love the warm and cozy line from VS's PINK. This is probably the first scent that I've gotten compliments on repeatedly. I use the lotion and the spray.
https://www.victoriassecret.com/pin...otion-pink?ProductID=348175&CatalogueType=OLS

Not a lotion but I love this oil and it has a nice smell to it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2AVKZI/?tag=era0f0-20

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017

My sense of smell is not as strong as others so these might be strong but not as strong to 'me' if that makes sense?

I bought this body butter/cream from buttermeup goods and really like it so far. They also have other scents if this scent doesn't sound appealing to you.
https://www.buttermeupgoods.com/product-page/buttercreme-cheesecake

I also love the warm and cozy line from VS's PINK. This is probably the first scent that I've gotten compliments on repeatedly. I use the lotion and the spray.
https://www.victoriassecret.com/pin...otion-pink?ProductID=348175&CatalogueType=OLS

Not a lotion but I love this oil and it has a nice smell to it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2AVKZI/?tag=era0f0-20

The first one just makes me wanna eat it. XD

Oh that seems very nice. The jar's cute too.

These are all great recommendations <3 I'm probably going to the mall on Wednesday and I'll check out Victoria's Secret while I'm there and take a sniff. (Wow that sounds so wrong XD)

same here ! The halloween sales around my area are so good to me and so bad for me trying to eat healthy )':

Yeah I usually wait for the halloween clearout sales so lol.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
My recent favorites are from the body shop! I find their scents a bit simpler (but really nice) and they have sales all the time!

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Popping in to say hi. I've been so busy I haven't even had time to say hi on discord to all you lovely ladies

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Vanicream

My skin is garbage, and I don't take care of it, but Vanicream is the only thing that can keep it from cracking and bleeding.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Vanicream

My skin is garbage, and I don't take care of it, but Vanicream is the only thing that can keep it from cracking and bleeding.

I actually think I'm gonna try that cream soon as I've heard good things about it and it works with my budget. With the cold weather coming soon and my skin already being naturally dry it sounds like it could help me quite a bit.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My only complaint about it is that it's kind of thick (like thick enough where it's actually kind of hard to spread), but it works really, really well.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
My only complaint about it is that it's kind of thick (like thick enough where it's actually kind of hard to spread), but it works really, really well.

That's for letting me know, will probably get some this weekend when I go grocery shopping.

Speaking of creams and such I don't suppose anyone has any creams that aren't too expensive that might help diminish the appearance of stretch marks would they? My inner thighs in particular bad/wrinkled a bit with stretch marks after my weight loss from being as overweight as I was for so long and it's probably the area of my body I'm insecure the most about because of it. I've been trying some vitamin E creams and such for the time being and don't expect, outside of laser treatments or things like that, to see overwhelming results but was just curious if anyone has had any positive experiences with anything in particular. Thanks!

marimo

Oct 25, 2017

I like to either mix unscented lotion with scented lotion together in my hands before applying to cut down on the scent a little, or just wear unscented lotion and put on actual perfume. If I put scented lotion on my whole body it's a little overwhelming (to me anyway).

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite is l'occitane's almond milk concentrate lotion. Light scent, easily absorbed, very hydrating.

That does look nice.

I like to either mix unscented lotion with scented lotion together in my hands before applying to cut down on the scent a little, or just wear unscented lotion and put on actual perfume. If I put scented lotion on my whole body it's a little overwhelming (to me anyway).

Yeah neutralizing the stronger lotion I have with my normal lotion is a good idea. My skin is fun in that it likes to become super dry and then the second I add anything to it it's oily as hell. Aggravating.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Am feeling pretty run down, REgals. Normal pick-me-ups - baths, face masks, glass of wine, shoulder rub from husband - are not doing the trick. Rough week so far and it's only Tuesday.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm working from home today. So I've set up a big pot of Marcella Hazan's 4 ingredient tomato sauce to simmer on the stove.

If any of you ladies have favourite recipes for batch cooking and freezing, let me know. I'm going to try to do one every weekend to build up my stock of lazy winter meals.

Here's a chicken stew that I really like too.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, y'all. I think I'm gonna treat myself for dinner before taking the littles out to candy-beg.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Thanks, y'all. I think I'm gonna treat myself for dinner before taking the littles out to candy-beg.

Steal their candy. Chocolate makes everything better, if only for a moment.

If I'm down, a night of dark chocolate, red wine, and plenty of red meat puts me in a good mood.

I also have individual portions of bolognese and meatballs in marinara in my freezer, ready to defrost, for whenever I need a carb-laden pick me up.

I'm working from home today. So I've set up a big pot of Marcella Hazan's 4 ingredient tomato sauce to simmer on the stove.

If any of you ladies have favourite recipes for batch cooking and freezing, let me know. I'm going to try to do one every weekend to build up my stock of lazy winter meals.

Here's a chicken stew that I really like too.

Bolognese, meatballs, and beef stew are my go-to big batch, freeze-able recipes. They take forever but they make so much. I also have white bean, hatch chicken chili and split pea soup in my freezer right now.

Oct 27, 2017
Bolognese, meatballs, and beef stew are my go-to big batch, freeze-able recipes. They take forever but they make so much. I also have white bean, hatch chicken chili and split pea soup in my freezer right now.

Those sound great. I'm definitely doing meatballs and beef stew! I don't mind putting the prep time in when there's a good yield of goodies.

As for pick me ups, if a martini, a good meal and some orgasms don't do it then I head for a big mug of chai/ try to take more naps...

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Pictures of the Halloween party snacks I was making!

Witches Hat Cookies

Cake (My skills at non messy frosting are much to be desired >_<)

Mummies in a blanket (Was pressed for time so I didn't get to make them as nicely as I had wanted but they still came out pretty cute!)