• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

A marvelous poll wanting to know if users found the word c**t to be an offensive one or not.
Because OF COURSE, gendered slurs are never problematic if you use them regardless of gender, amirite?

sbqXOXn.gif

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Might be an unpopular opinion, but the word cunt rarely bothers me (aimed at men, it bothers me exactly zero -- aimed at women, it depends entirely on the context). I'm very unphased by bad language in general though, and I can understand not everyone being the same about that.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Oh Era, where I've been attacked today for defending modern art and trying to point out fat shaming. Why do I post here? At least my watched hangout threads are rad. Sigh.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Oh Era, where I've been attacked today for defending modern art and trying to point out fat shaming. Why do I post here? At least my watched hangout threads are rad. Sigh.
Due to an RSI hand injury, I've drastically reduced my browsing and posting here the past month. I've mostly recovered, but I think I'll continue to reduce my posts. Outside of some hangouts, most of the site is not worth my time or mental health to read or respond to.

vainya

Dec 28, 2017
New Jersey, USA
I was just reading a thread where people were complaining about how negative the board has become. I think there's some truth to that. I've never really posted a lot here and I think that's the reason.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, that thread is a complete nightmare of body shaming. I'm sorry you had to deal with someone coming at you like that

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hate to waltz in here with a weird question but I guess an experience today is eating away at me and I was wondering if I'm wrong for my line of thinking. Just to preface I'm a guy. Ended up going up to a restaurant like Hooters and couldn't help but feel establishments like this are creepy. Another guy felt the same but the one lady in our group said it's only as creepy as we make it and that the ladies working are making their own choice (saying they could work anywhere else if they chose to).

I agreed saying they're free to choose where they wanna work but that doesn't change the fact that places like Hooters clearly pander to straight men who wanna see scantly dressed women because the garbage food isn't why people eat at these places.

I apologize again if this is an inappropriate question to ask in the OT and will edit it out to move to discussions.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Hate to waltz in here with a weird question but I guess an experience today is eating away at me and I was wondering if I'm wrong for my line of thinking. Just to preface I'm a guy. Ended up going up to a restaurant like Hooters and couldn't help but feel establishments like this are creepy. Another guy felt the same but the one lady in our group said it's only as creepy as we make it and that the ladies working are making their own choice (saying they could work anywhere else if they chose to).

I agreed saying they're free to choose where they wanna work but that doesn't change the fact that places like Hooters clearly pander to straight men who wanna see scantly dressed women because the garbage food isn't why people eat at these places.

I apologize again if this is an inappropriate question to ask in the OT and will edit it out to move to discussions.
No worries.

...What is your question

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No worries.

...What is your question

I guess it isn't a question and am just worried I approached this situation with the wrong mindset lol.

Guess I'm just looking for somewhere to post when I think I'm doing something wrong and hate to act like I have a horse in a race when I don't.

Last edited:

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018

You're totally valid to think its creepy. Overpriced crappy food, and just so tacky. There is good reason why their numbers are dwindling these days. Next time your and your friends go out to eat maybe suggest a smaller business! Plenty of good sports bars out there.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I really had no idea the hatred for Brie Larson was so bad. So being a confident woman with dry humor is really THAT offensive? Well that just makes me want to double down on my own self-confidence. ;)

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
It would be nice if we could have a thread discussing a woman's bigotry without bringing up her physical appearance to discuss how pretty/ugly/average she is. I do appreciate the mods handing out warnings to discourage posters from doing so!

Oct 27, 2017
Hello I'm Sparkster

I posted a joke about medium titty'd goth gf about a teen superhero character named Raven and got on infraction because of it. I'm here to apologize for it. My intentions were not meant to be harmful but I can see how that a joke like that can be offensive. I have asked for the post to be removed. I had good intentions with the joke but I couldn't see the trees from the forest. My apologises, I didn't meant to harm or make ERA less readable for any woman/non binary person in this thread. My mouth gets ahead of me sometimes and I don't realize at the time until later on.

Sorry for the sexist joke, I learned it off some other people and didn't mean to show that side of me.

pls forgive me ladyera

Deleted member 3534

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because I don't want to just up and disappear like some of my favorite people on here, I just wanted to come in here and say bye to anyone who's still here that might know who I am. I feel like this place (and especially the other place) has drifted away from what made them fun places to hang out. As time's gone on, people here have left and given me even less reason to want to stick around. I'm case there's anyone still here from my era I just want you to know I'm still alive haha, I'm just moving on. It's been a fun 15 years.

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Because I don't want to just up and disappear like some of my favorite people on here, I just wanted to come in here and say bye to anyone who's still here that might know who I am. I feel like this place (and especially the other place) has drifted away from what made them fun places to hang out. As time's gone on, people here have left and given me even less reason to want to stick around. I'm case there's anyone still here from my era I just want you to know I'm still alive haha, I'm just moving on. It's been a fun 15 years.

Best of luck to you!

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
heya ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I always thought you were one of the funniest posters :D

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
nooooo :(

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I don't think I'd realized how inactive things had become in this thread, but looking at time stamps... wow.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Aw, I'm just now seeing the post where ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) left, and now I'm retroactively realizing I haven't been seeing her face around for a while. Now I'm sad. :(

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I suck so much at makeup, but I always want to try. Which leads me to buying some and trying for a little bit and then never using it again.

Will check out the link Monkey.

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
I am terribad at make up. I never feel natural when applying it and usually just put on foundation a bit of bronzer and go.

I bought some Becca undereye corrector and its some of the best I've tried.

Normally go for Fenty because finding my shade is stupid easy. Will check out the link.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I have many issues with foundations oxidizing on my skin that I've tried so many things and this was amazing. I usually listen to NPR's Up First if I have to do makeup in the morning because then I know I have like 12-14 minutes and I'm not lingering. Sometimes I go over. I was way under with this stuff. It was super fast. I'm gonna marry it.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Normally go for Fenty because finding my shade is stupid easy. Will check out the link.
Yeah, this is always such a trial and I have a really good match in Fenty also but Fenty flakes sometimes on me, though I love the overall texture. Fenty was my shit for a while, then I switched to the it Bye Bye Foundation. This cushion only has a handful of shades and I was worried about the match but because it's a CC cream in essence it wasn't an issue. Laneige also has a cushion that's supposed to be even better and it has a few more shades.

Oct 25, 2017
I suck so much at makeup, but I always want to try. Which leads me to buying some and trying for a little bit and then never using it again.

I have so much makeup that I don't use because I keep doing this.

Had a brief stint where I tried getting into makeup after doing it for a Star Trek outfit. It was the most makeup I've ever worn. Didn't pan out of course.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
In terms of foundation, I don't often use them to be honest, I tend to focus more in skincare in order to make the skin appear as healthy as possible naturally. However, I have this bottle of Saint Laurent's Touche Éclat for quite some time (the first high brand I bought after being disappointed over and over again by drugstore foundations who seldom would have my shade since I'm hella white, even their lightest shades would make me look tan), and I use it whenever I want to go full face makeup, and it never has disappointed me. It's getting a bit old now, so I'm thinking of changing it and switching to Shiseido's Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation which I've heard only great things about (this review in particular really convinced me to put it on my wishlist)!
I don't think I'd be into powder foundation though, I need it to be liquid.

To be fair though, I don't have a huge urge to buy it thus far though, because again, I rather focus on skincare first, and I already have some Erborian CC creams that I use more often these days, as they handle both the skincare part and the makeup part in one easy-to-use product, so when I'm on the go and feel my skin need that tiny bit of push but not the BIG push either, I'll use that instead of using a proper foundation.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm getting further and further from just regular foundation and more on skincare, too, but I have some mild rosacea so I need something to even it out. :/ I used to use that YSL foundation! omg this thread is reminding me that I have gone through almost everything, haha. But they don't carry that one at my local Sephora so I stopped using it.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah, I'm getting further and further from just regular foundation and more on skincare, too, but I have some mild rosacea so I need something to even it out. :/ I used to use that YSL foundation! omg this thread is reminding me that I have gone through almost everything, haha. But they don't carry that one at my local Sephora so I stopped using it.

Yeah, having a redhead skin (without the redhead hair, the scam!), I'm also dealing with some mild rosacea as well that I don't wanna left unchecked, as it usually tends to worsen overtime and is irremediable, but trying to find product to manage and limit it as much as possible has become a goal of mine lately. In terms of CC Cream that helps in that department, I am quite a fan of Erborian CC Cream Red Correct. It has a light texture, but can really make a difference already, especially if I don't wanna be heavy and have to be quick on the makeup department.

In terms of true skincare, I have had my eyes on this Kiehl's Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil Herbal Concentrate for a while, sadly it is not yet available in my country, so it sucks a bit. I need to look and test more products dealing specifically with redness, tbh. I have made a long post about my routine in the skin care thread some months ago, it hasn't changed much, so if anyone's interested, it's over there!

Last edited:

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
This exchange literally just happened and I thought y'all would appreciate it.

Pet <stage left. She's finished the majority of her plate. A bit of steak remains.>
Pet: I'm done.
meph: Are you sure?
meph <picks up the plate and begins to bob it up and down in front of Pet's face.>
meph: Are you suree you don't want more? Don't you need the iron? Because you're on your period????

oni_saru

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone else struggle with chin hair as much as I do?!! I feel like every three days I have to tweeze because already some thick hairs are growing ;~;