• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
I had a meeting with my boss one day before my 3 week holiday telling me I will be forcefully switched to another class — which wouldn't be too bad if the age group I'd work with was the same but it won't be. They are basically taking everything I am good at and saying "You will grow with the new challenge. In the new class you can show off what you are good at.". I was sitting there baffled starring at him in disbelief. How am I supposed to show off what I am good at when they take all that away from me?

They expect me to start in the new class next year, without any big good bye or whatever. It will be horrible for me and especially for the kids who are barely 3 year old and have to accept 2 new grown ups around them within an eye-blink

For the kids I will be gone for 4 weeks and then I will be in a new class, still same building but for them it's worlds in between. Just like that...

Every year it's the fucking same. Christmas is a horrible time.

Last edited:

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all the support everyone. I really appreciate it.

I think it's still relatively small, it's just growing faster than last time, so they'll are worried that they'll have to remove more of her lung (Which they did last time). I just hope that the end of all this she'll stop having trouble breathing.

My aunt died of lung cancer but she smoked more than she ate.

OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry about that Rory. I don't know anything about the profession, but at work sometimes decisions don't seem optimal. Just gotta roll with it.

Snumpus

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This October my mom was released from the hospital, with the news of her of beating lung cancer. We had a huge celebration dinner and everything and life was going back to normal.

She did a PET scan last week and we found out today that it's back and more aggressive :/

She smoked for 14 years and quit about 8 years ago. I can only imagine how worse it would have been if she had never stopped...

I'm very sorry. Wishing her the strength to fight it back again.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Used the report button on this site for the first time. Actually NOT for a misogynist post, but for something else. The trolling on this site can get pretty out of control.

Aiustis

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cybertronic Purgatory
Thanks for all the support everyone. I really appreciate it.

I think it's still relatively small, it's just growing faster than last time, so they'll are worried that they'll have to remove more of her lung (Which they did last time). I just hope that the end of all this she'll stop having trouble breathing.

My aunt died of lung cancer but she smoked more than she ate.

Hoping for the best.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
:( Not sure what's wrong or if you want to talk about it, but we're here for you. *hugs*
I fucked up and lost this job too. I was really trying my best, tried different methods, and thought this would be the one. Get myself a car and move out my mom's but.... I'm a fuck up.

Now this internet is going slow as hell and I have more vids I need to download to work on my YT vid.

Last edited:
OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry about that, Kim. :(
It sucks to lose a job.
When I was job hunting I would do temporary work to fill in on the weeks I didn't have a thing. If you have that, or like a County based employment center, there could be help for resumes and for job fairs and online searches and such.

Zuly

Oct 26, 2017
Puerto Rico
Kickmaster Kim - I'm so sorry about what happened with work. Losing and looking for work are soul crushing.

First day back to work after Hurricane María and on a new project. Gosh, I am so happy I did not return to my previous project, customer support is the worst and customers would fling sexist/racist crap at me if I had to do callbacks and after hearing my voice. I much prefer customer/social engagement in my line of work. It's so much fun. I missed when work didn't feel like work.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
I went shopping for a pair of boots today, and you wouldnt believe how hard it is to find a pair that does not look like totally shitty and is waterproof.

Not to mention that, I dont know why, somehow all acceptable (snow)boots are only made of leather — which is not really an option for me.

What is wrong about fake-leather?! I spent way too long today in those shops looking for acceptable boots, in the end I had to order online anyway, making compromises I shouldnt have to make. Geez.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I went shopping for a pair of boots today, and you wouldnt believe how hard it is to find a pair that does not look like totally shitty and is waterproof.
I 100% believe it. Shopping for new winter boots has got to be one of my least favourite activities. Even my Sorel pair, which was fantastic at first, is already no longer 100% waterproof and I haven't had them for that long...

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
I 100% believe it. Shopping for new winter boots has got to be one of my least favourite activities. Even my Sorel pair, which was fantastic at first, is already no longer 100% waterproof and I haven't had them for that long...
My last pair was okayish (fake-leather/fake-fur) i sprayed them with impregnation spray so they'd last longer etc. but after one season (~3 month) they already let water leak in. Even fake-leather isnt really optimal for waterproofness after all.

The next year I couldnt really find any time to shop for a new pair, also it was a rather dry winter so it was kind of okay even if cold. Sometime in january however the sole was so loosened, you could have literally poked a finger through it. Not to mention how much water and snow...

My sister always goes on like "What do you expect if you pay just 60/70 bucks for a pair?" but honestly? If I paid more I'd feel guilty for having to throw them away after one season!

Last edited:

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just...annoyed. Like for months I have literally seen people complain about Luna in FFXV and her lack of screen time yet when people mention wanting Luna dlc (which would help remedy that issue), the same guys somehow think that she somehow isn't capable of having a 'serious' dlc like the male characters and think it's okay to make jokes about how her dlc would be like cooking mama or how her dlc would contain a bunch of singing...because that isn't sexist at all /s. Luna has issues but I guess it's just better to laugh at her then actively try to encourage the devs to do better. It just makes me feel like female characters can never be enough because Lightning had three games and still gets shitted on as well so????

Like I don't know...I'm just tired of this shit and I feel like this is the only place I can properly vent about this because I don't even feel comfortable in my favorite fandom on here anymore.

kaytee

Oct 28, 2017
USA
I knew I shouldn't, but I went in the Cat Person thread and, hm.......... that was something.

Sometimes I think I should stay off game forums during GOTY season, because it gets so silly.

I'm just...annoyed. Like for months I have literally seen people complain about Luna in FFXV and her lack of screen time yet when people mention wanting Luna dlc (which would help remedy that issue), the same guys somehow think that she somehow isn't capable of having a 'serious' dlc like the male characters and think it's okay to make jokes about how her dlc would be like cooking mama or how her dlc would contain a bunch of singing...because that isn't sexist at all /s. Luna has issues but I guess it's just better to laugh at her then actively try to encourage the devs to do better. It just makes me feel like female characters can never be enough because Lightning had three games and still gets shitted on as well so????

Like I don't know...I'm just tired of this shit and I feel like this is the only place I can properly vent about this because I don't even feel comfortable in my favorite fandom on here anymore.

I've given up. I feel like I can't have an actual discussion about the game because of constant dismissive comments, and I don't want to be labeled as a fangirl. I'll just stick to shitposting on Tumblr about Ravus's Santa beard and actually enjoy my time instead of arguing.

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've given up. I feel like I can't have an actual discussion about the game because of constant dismissive comments, and I don't want to be labeled as a fangirl. I'll just stick to shitposting on Tumblr about Ravus's Santa beard and actually enjoy my time instead of arguing.

I guess what surprised me is that these shitty comments were coming from people who 'like' the game. I thought better of them. Apparently, Ardyn and everything else in the game that was weak and bare-bones deserves to get a dlc to be expanded upon but not Luna cause she's a 'weak, female character!!!', who doesn't deserve it which is bullshit to me.

Luna mentions how she loves and wants to protect Noctis:
all she does is live for him! she's weak, horrible!!! Ignis's dlc is literally about his love and protection of Noctis: this is so great and emotional! best bro!!!

But I think I'm done talking about this game unless it's on tumblr or with friends. *grumbles off with my old lady cane*

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Best winter boots (and cheap too) were a pair of Kamiks that I picked up from a shoe store. Cost me 50$ and they are waterproof and warm af.
I dont know, animals die for that it just feels wrong to pay so less for real leather shoes/shoes made of animal skin. Then again I didnt have any other choice this year myself...

I know, this is not the place to discuss, and most likely it shouldnt be standard to get rid of a pair of shoes after one season in general no matter what material they are made of but... the knowledge that animals gave their life for it makes it even worse?

kaytee

Oct 28, 2017
USA
I guess what surprised me is that these shitty comments were coming from people who 'like' the game. I thought better of them. Apparently, Ardyn and everything else in the game that was weak and bare-bones deserves to get a dlc to be expanded upon but not Luna cause she's a 'weak, female character!!!', who doesn't deserve it which is bullshit to me.

At this point it's the Established Narrative that Luna is a bad character through-and-through. If you disagree, it's obviously because you're a blind fangirl making excuses. /s

Like, I'm cool with people not liking a character or plot point or whatever. But I hate thoughtless dismissal. The instant "no you're wrong" when someone is just expressing an opinion... It's so weird to me to try to prove how right you are rather than just have a normal back-and-forth. It's almost like if they acknowledge someone else's opinion as valid, it'll invalidate their own? I don't know... It's not how I engage with media, so I don't get it.

Luna mentions how she loves and wants to protect Noctis: all she does is live for him! she's weak, horrible!!! Ignis's dlc is literally about his love and protection of Noctis: this is so great and emotional! best bro!!!

Ugh, this is so real.

But I think I'm done talking about this game unless it's on tumblr or with friends. *grumbles off with my old lady cane*

The FFXV Tumblr community is pretty nice, so I don't mind sticking there too much. I should really make a side blog where I can blab my feelings about various things I like, because I only have a kpop blog at the moment and I keep it strictly on-topic.

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like, I'm cool with people not liking a character or plot point or whatever. But I hate thoughtless dismissal. The instant "no you're wrong" when someone is just expressing an opinion... It's so weird to me to try to prove how right you are rather than just have a normal back-and-forth. It's almost like if they acknowledge someone else's opinion as valid, it'll invalidate their own? I don't know... It's not how I engage with media, so I don't get it.

Same! No one asks, 'Hey, what made you like or see Luna differently than I did?' like a person would in a normal conversation. Instead, its just straight to absolutes and accusing people of having bad taste in characters. At this point, I'm convinced we could get an Episode Luna that absolutely delivers and people would still say she sucks because it's not Stella!

The FFXV Tumblr community is pretty nice, so I don't mind sticking there too much. I should really make a side blog where I can blab my feelings about various things I like, because I only have a kpop blog at the moment and I keep it strictly on-topic.

My blog is technically multi-fandom but mostly is FF stuff so I've interacted with people in the community. For the most part, everyone is cool but you still see people being crappy about Luna or going on about how Stella was going to be universe's strongest female character ever because she held a sword that one time. /s

Aiustis

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cybertronic Purgatory
I dont know, animals die for that it just feels wrong to pay so less for real leather shoes/shoes made of animal skin. Then again I didnt have any other choice this year myself...

I know, this is not the place to discuss, and most likely it shouldnt be standard to get rid of a pair of shoes after one season in general no matter what material they are made of but... the knowledge that animals gave their life for it makes it even worse?

Mine are definitely rubber and fake fiber. I generally only get rubber exterior winter boots

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
That thread about white women voting for Moore turning into "What about black people supporting R Kelly?" was certainly not the change I was expecting.

kaytee

Oct 28, 2017
USA
Same! No one asks, 'Hey, what made you like or see Luna differently than I did?' like a person would in a normal conversation. Instead, its just straight to absolutes and accusing people of having bad taste in characters. At this point, I'm convinced we could get an Episode Luna that absolutely delivers and people would still say she sucks because it's not Stella!

My blog is technically multi-fandom but mostly is FF stuff so I've interacted with people in the community. For the most part, everyone is cool but you still see people being crappy about Luna or going on about how Stella was going to be universe's strongest female character ever because she held a sword that one time. /s

Well you know, strong female character = swords. /s

I'm pretty sure I've said this to you before, but I never trusted Nomura with writing female characters anyway. I remember thinking it was probably good they were sticking to a male-only party lol. I also have a feeling I like the end product we have more than whatever versus XIII would've been, but who knows... Hypotheticals can always be better than reality.

I really hope we get Luna DLC, but I'm worried we won't. :( They've been doing tons of FFXV interviews lately, so I'm sure I missed some. But I remember one when they announced more DLC (?) where Tabata said they'd do Ardyn and something we "wouldn't expect." And since I believe Luna DLC was really high on the poll they did, I doubt it's that? I'm still crossing my fingers, though. It all sounds up in the air right now anyway.

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well you know, strong female character = swords. /s

I'm pretty sure I've said this to you before, but I never trusted Nomura with writing female characters anyway. I remember thinking it was probably good they were sticking to a male-only party lol. I also have a feeling I like the end product we have more than whatever versus XIII would've been, but who knows... Hypotheticals can always be better than reality.

I really hope we get Luna DLC, but I'm worried we won't. :( They've been doing tons of FFXV interviews lately, so I'm sure I missed some. But I remember one when they announced more DLC (?) where Tabata said they'd do Ardyn and something we "wouldn't expect." And since I believe Luna DLC was really high on the poll they did, I doubt it's that? I'm still crossing my fingers, though. It all sounds up in the air right now anyway.

Yeah I never understood why so many had faith in Stella when Kairi, the main female character of Nomura's big series, hasn't had development in 15 years so...yeah. I also don't think the bros relationship would have been as good as it was under Nomura either.

I do feel that it's a bit weird that they immediately announced Ardyn dlc and not anything for Luna when she was in a second place. It would suck if we just got more cutscenes and nothing else.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That thread about white women voting for Moore turning into "What about black people supporting R Kelly?" was certainly not the change I was expecting.

Good grief...

(post also responds to Kaytee above)
I think at this point it's that we got more with the "imagined form" of Stella than we got in actuality with Luna. People who said Luna seemed like a damsel in distress side character in a game full of dudes were.... sadly right. I sort-of liked the Noctis x Luna thing from a Shakespearean tragedy perspective (that whole section of the game was about kicking Noctis while he's down). But in the end thought it was a lame move between her screen time vs. the large amount of media about her character (pretty sure Cindy gets more time onscreen). I then thought it stupider than even if she didn't die against Ardyn, some magical-fictional nonsense disease was 'draining her lifeforce' or whatever.

AND C'MON in a world with cellphones, they communicated with magical dogs and notebooks??
....Luna's at least on her A-game fashion-wise. I want just about anything she wore in that game (except her Sia haircut from when she was a kid).

I'd love the hell out of a Luna DLC. I feel she's earned it with the amount of bullshit the story put her through. And because yeah I'm still #TeamStella since the reality with Luna was underwhelming (and a shame since I want to like Luna way more than I do). I'd take one with Aranea though (it's the least amount of work for the dev team....and writing team :P)

I think the FF series otherwise did 'okay' creating strong females that don't rely on brute force. Garnet and Yuna come to mind as those who are more inherently passive or timid but knew how to say and do things that were incredibly inspiring. And Tifa for being a rare heroine who takes care of a boyfriend gone into some extreme catatonic state (with how far he was gone, she probably wiped his ass off-screen too).

Changed my avatar to a seasonal one. I'm festive.

I like it! xD