• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care very much — definitely wouldn't rule anyone out based on height. I'm 5'2", so most guys are taller than me.
Same. My ideal range is just determined by whether or not I'm able to give them kisses without them having to bend down. (My boyfriend is almost there but I reach on tippy toes!)

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Note to self, wear more than just a t-shirt and jeans when walking outside at midnight in December. •~•'

My hands got cold AF lol

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Wahh, making sure my partner is completely comfortable continuing sex will completely kill the mood. It is not as if there is pressure on women to not speak up when they feel uncomfortable during sex.
I knew that thread would turn out that way.

Asukui

Oct 25, 2017
Wahh, making sure my partner is completely comfortable continuing sex will completely kill the mood. It is not as if there is pressure on women to not speak up when they feel uncomfortable during sex.

I'm not entirely sure I even want to go look for that thread...

Nat 619

Oct 27, 2017
It's really gross. Disappointing to see that shit here. Who cares about making sure you have consent, when it might ruin the mood ;__;

Oct 27, 2017
I was safe from gacha games until I discovered Love Nikki. Now I'm up late at night crafting and designing outfits.

A fellow Love Nikki person! Hello!

Love Nikki is a game I downloaded and figured I'd play for a week and then delete since that's how it always goes with me. But there's so much to craft and event outfits and here I am still playing after months. The quality of the artwork is really something also; that was the main draw to begin with for me and it's just always beautiful.

Yeah I saw that post, made the yeeuugggh face and stepped away from the computer once I started to cynically think that "killing the mood" was actually code for "giving someone time to sober up."

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

Yeah I saw those replies and was like what. the. fuck.

Orio

Oct 27, 2017
I thought about posting in that thread for a hot second but decided against it.

Like I can't imagine any situation where someone asks for my feelings on the matter and it's suddenly like "Urgh no I was into it but you just ruined everything by having respect for me!"

I don't require being asked every single time, but it's also not going to hurt anything if you do and I appreciate the consideration!

Asukui

Oct 25, 2017
I thought about posting in that thread for a hot second but decided against it.

Like I can't imagine any situation where someone asks for my feelings on the matter and it's suddenly like "Urgh no I was into it but you just ruined everything by having respect for me!"

I don't require being asked every single time, but it's also not going to hurt anything if you do and I appreciate the consideration!

Ah but see, it's not that it would ruin it for you :p

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017

Yeeeeah, SMH. That was really unsettling.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
That thread was gross and I'm glad I could help in making it slightly less gross. :\ I even tried, I really tried, to get them to rephrase their rapey-sounding views, thinking that surely they had simply misspoken... but they went "nah, I really meant that, why, what's wrong". Pretty unbelievable.

In other news, Timothy is apparently a gender-neutral given name. I did not know that. >.>

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
We have had many discussions here about Xenoblade 2 Character Design. Is anyone actually playing it?

I saw the other day a video about it, which basically showed all (which really wasn't many, maybe 4-5 scenes in an 80 hour game?) scenes that there are in the game that "support the character design's first impression" and at the same time came across a few scenes that jokingly criticized said design and made its player think about it.

While the game has a few questionable designs, I liked this self ironical way of making the player think about it.

Timothy is apparently a gender-neutral given name. I did not know that. >.>
There are some names that are supposed to be gender neutral that leave you just baffled.

Sometimes it's also a cultural thing. In America Rory is a girls name, in England nobody would name a girl Rory because it is a boys name.

Did you know that in some countries it is necessary to acompany a gender neutral name with a middle name that indicates the gender by law? You wouldn't be allowed to just name your daughter Sam, if not followed by a middle name.

My cousin for example is called Kimberly for this reason, because my great-cousin didnt want to give her a middle name but be called Kim.

Last edited:

Asukui

Oct 25, 2017
We have had many discussions here about Xenoblade 2 Character Design. Is anyone actually playing it?

I saw the other day a video about it, which basically showed all (which really wasn't many, maybe 4-5 scenes in an 80 hour game?) scenes that there are in the game that "support the character design's first impression" and at the same time came across a few scenes that jokingly criticized said design and made its player think about it.

While the game has a few questionable designs, I liked this self ironical way of making the player think about it.

My husband is playing it (he's played and love most all of the xeno games) and it seems like at least the designs for the main cast are well thought out or subversions of their looks.
Pyra for example, is obviously very uncomfortable with how she looks/is dressed and it's hinted that this isn't her actual body or something similar.
Not to say many of the designs aren't inherently bad, but at least of characters relevant to the story there is context and intension from what I understand.

Also, really interesting name stuff. I've never heard of the middle name thing.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
XC2 just looks like an another JRPG with anime cliches and gags.

One of the characters has a gynoid maid as his blade.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
My husband is playing it (he's played and love most all of the xeno games) and it seems like at least the designs for the main cast are well thought out or subversions of their looks.
Pyra for example, is obviously very uncomfortable with how she looks/is dressed and it's hinted that this isn't her actual body or something similar.
That ain't subversion in any way, shape, or form. If anything it's even iffier. Wanting your cake and eating it too.

Asukui

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big fan of the Xeno games stories. Takahashi makes some interesting worlds imo, but to each their own.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Come join the dark fashionista side~

I downloaded it...I didn't expect it to have a plot lol.

*raises hand* Though I haven't had much time lately to play it, still in Chapter 2. Luckily I'm off work today. I have your thread about combat bookmarked and now that I have a few Blades I'm gonna take a good look at it. Xenoblade combat is kinda...weird and I remember it took several hours for me to get into Xenoblade X's combat (And I still don't think I ever understood all of the systems in that game. It's the first game in years where I took a long hard look at the manual.). But despite this, now that I'm getting into one of the more open areas I'm enjoying it. I thought I was far enough away from a level 90 monster but it spotted me and killed me in a few seconds. I was like, "Well we truly are Xenoblade now."

I'm feeling like this is gonna go like Xenoblade X where I adore it but also have a million little issues with it. Right now I'm a bit annoyed that there's no way to tell whether an enemy is hostile like in Xenoblade X. Seems like a strange oversight when that saved my ass a lot back then. There's still no penalty for dying but it'd be nice you know.

As for the designs, I feel like that subject has been thoroughly exhausted at this point. I like some of them, think some are bad, and then some I'm neutral on/could take or leave. So it's not any different from other JRPGs I play in that regard for me personally. Probably an unpopular opinion but I approve of the change to a more colorful artstyle as well. Xenoblade X is one of my favorite games but the artstyle for the characters was grungy and rugged (though I think they were deliberately going for a more western artstyle for that game). And the faces... ugggghhhh the less said about those the better. I didn't play much of the first Xenoblade Chronicles but I don't think it aged well and the character models look pretty bad.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

I played 15 hours before quitting. Turns out the poor character design is the least of the game's problems in terms of moment to moment playability.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
I played 15 hours before quitting. Turns out the poor character design is the least of the game's problems in terms of moment to moment playability.
I'm not surprised tbh. I always thought the original Xenoblade was complete trash, gameplay-wise. I wasn't one of those who skipped on the game because of the designs, but simply because I hated XB and more of the same (and possibly worse) was negative infinity appeal to me. :D

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised tbh. I always thought the original Xenoblade was complete trash, gameplay-wise. I wasn't one of those who skipped on the game because of the designs, but simply because I hated XB and more of the same (and possibly worse) was negative infinity appeal to me. :D
Actually XB1 and X are two of my favorite games of all time. :O This game, though, felt more like a Tales game mixed with Xenoblade to me. And I hate Tales. :O

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
I liked the first Xenoblade Chronicles and loved X.

I'll probably end up playing 2 despite my issues with it whenever I get a switch because of how much I liked the other games which might not be for a long time

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Well, all right. I hate Tales too :D
tumblr_ohv0etdrDK1v2n59oo1_400.gif

OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy playing Tales of too, Queen, but ya gotta admit it's for the battle systems and not the anime stories.

Zuly

Oct 26, 2017
Puerto Rico
Great mail to receive in a sea of rejection emails from employment opportunities. My house in San Juan, that didn't get water service until a few weeks ago post hurricane María, and I'm being charge more than triple what I normally am for water service. That house was empty for months and only my brother is staying in it for now and he only uses it to shower and sleep before and after work. Looks like I'm just one of many getting these awful post hurricane bills with inflated numbers and we're expected to pay them.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy playing Tales of too, Queen, but ya gotta admit it's for the battle systems and not the anime stories.

But...But.. the story of them is my favorite parts! >_< That and the characters and music. Graces F and Symphonia being my favorites. The battles are fun too of course. I'm a terrible critic and like pretty much everything and have a hard time disliking anything, not sure if that's a positive quality or a flaw though >_<

Orio

Oct 27, 2017
Actually XB1 and X are two of my favorite games of all time. :O This game, though, felt more like a Tales game mixed with Xenoblade to me. And I hate Tales. :O

Xenoblade is definitely one of my favorite games ever. Haven't played X because I haven't been able to afford new consoles for several years, but I'm interested. I really haven't had much interest in Xenoblade 2. It's not just the designs, nothing I've seen appealed to me. Then again, in the advertisements for Xenoblade that had story, I was almost put off from it, so maybe I'll feel differently?

I actually do like Tales games, but... not for the story. And I think I'm probably not too into them anymore since I haven't been too interested in playing any of them for years.

Oct 27, 2017
I've never been able to get into Tales games even though I've tried. I'm not sure what it is, but some combination of the presentation and battle alienates me. It's like there's this barrier and I can't break through it to feel any investment in the story or the systems.

I got seven hours into Xenoblade Chronicles also and sort of dropped it. It was sad because I really thought I'd like it - even imported it and bought a wii for it - but it just didn't click with me.

As for Love Nikki, it has a plot and stuff but I don't actually read much of the text. I'm usually playing it on break at work, and just want to spend my stamina. I'm on the verge of starting chapter 12 so that's... a lot of story that I missed. But since it always ends up with me wearing whatever Momo told me to wear I figure I'll catch up on it later.

Christmas Momo looks super weird - I'm startled every time he shows up onscreen.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
You like Graces F's story!?
Hell ya! :3 Nostalgia/childhood memories might be the only thing preventing it from overtaking ToS' story for me. I loved Graces F story to pieces, plus the childhood arc in the beginning was so cute ad adorable. I have a huge weakness for "power of friendship" stories as I love them. Sadly there seems to be very few who share my opinion on Graces F T_T[/QUOTE]

I have massive love and nostalgia for Symphonia ♥

Same for me!

Deleted member 1287

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great mail to receive in a sea of rejection emails from employment opportunities. My house in San Juan, that didn't get water service until a few weeks ago post hurricane María, and I'm being charge more than triple what I normally am for water service. That house was empty for months and only my brother is staying in it for now and he only uses it to shower and sleep before and after work. Looks like I'm just one of many getting these awful post hurricane bills with inflated numbers and we're expected to pay them.
That's fucked up :(