• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
I will piggyback on your bravery and announce myself as a slightly-under-forty lady who games and has done so since playing Pong as a toddler. I was terrible at it. These days, I play some PC games and Nintendo games. My spouse only plays Civ V, for the most part. I used to play D&D years ago, and still enjoy the occasional card or board game when I get the chance. These days, I mostly lurk on Resetera waiting for the DQ XI Switch release date, and following any threads that talk about recipes.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
So, uhm... hi! I've lurked before but I don't think I've ever posted, I was a bit worried I was too old for the Era demographic, but I've been reassured that's not the case :)
I'm in my forties, gamer, mother and wife (not necessarily in that order) and into most thinks geekery. Our daughter is 18 and off to college next year although luckily she can stay living at home and commute, so no empty nest for me just yet. All three of us are avid gamers, at the moment we're playing World of Warcraft together.
I'm a bit shy, and its been hard to find women of a similar age with similar interests over the years, so I'm happy to have been invited.
Welcome! I'm 30, so not in my 40s, but I'm not THAT young.

Dec 2, 2017
The truly enlightening threads we had in the last few days, all filled to the brim with progressive men (highlights include treasures like disliking feminism is like disliking broccoli) made me finally look for this thread after the invitation had been in my inbox for some time.

It is nice to see some sanity on this forum.

MirVie

Nov 17, 2017
The truly enlightening threads we had in the last few days, all filled to the brim with progressive men (highlights include treasures like disliking feminism is like disliking broccoli) made me finally look for this thread after the invitation had been in my inbox for some time.

hi, and welcome! I just arrived here for the same reasons.
Those threads get so tiresome, They drain you of your energy. I've been arguing in similar threads for years, and it never gets any easier.

But, hey, at least there's a community here, so we can all support each other in our love for broccoli! (Oh wait, you were looking for sanity...)

Deleted member 20850

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hello everyone and thanks for telling me about this thread. It looks like a good place to be a part of so I will likely be around from now on.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Hello everyone and thanks for telling me about this thread. It looks like a good place to be a part of so I will likely be around from now on.
Welcome, ladies!

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
Some of these threads lately have been exhausting to read. Mind if I take refuge here for a bit? <3

OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I need to buy shirts and I don't even know where to shop anymore.

There was a catalog or two that I liked as a source of clothes, but holy crap have some of these companies degraded over time. Gotta work on my google-fu to find some new sources.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Old Navy and JCPenny are still my favorite go to's for clothes, usually super affordable and lots of sales, it's where I got most of my clothes this past Friday since I badly needed new clothes. T.J Maxx/Marshalls have some great deals too.

I pretty much avoid most other department stores especially Macy's, Nordstrom and many others as they are way above my affordable price range.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Old Navy and JCPenny are still my favorite go to's for clothes, usually super affordable and lots of sales,
Old Navy is one of my faves too. I bought several new sweaters and a cute blazer with the family and friends Old Navy coupon this past weekend. And now it is staying cold here all day so I can actually wear the sweaters.

vainya

Dec 28, 2017
New Jersey, USA
Old Navy and JCPenny are still my favorite go to's for clothes, usually super affordable and lots of sales, it's where I got most of my clothes this past Friday since I badly needed new clothes. T.J Maxx/Marshalls have some great deals too.

I pretty much avoid most other department stores especially Macy's, Nordstrom and many others as they are way above my affordable price range.

You can find some great deals at places like Nordstrom or Macy's if you know where to look. I have to shop at designer stores because I need petite sizes for my bottoms and plus sizes for my tops. A lot of times I just let Stitch Fix do the shopping for me.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
So, uhm... hi! I've lurked before but I don't think I've ever posted, I was a bit worried I was too old for the Era demographic, but I've been reassured that's not the case :)
I'm in my forties, gamer, mother and wife (not necessarily in that order) and into most thinks geekery. Our daughter is 18 and off to college next year although luckily she can stay living at home and commute, so no empty nest for me just yet. All three of us are avid gamers, at the moment we're playing World of Warcraft together.
I'm a bit shy, and its been hard to find women of a similar age with similar interests over the years, so I'm happy to have been invited.
Hi! Glad to see more older women around here.

Not that I'm old. Nope, no m'am.

Dec 2, 2017
I need to buy shirts and I don't even know where to shop anymore.

There was a catalog or two that I liked as a source of clothes, but holy crap have some of these companies degraded over time. Gotta work on my google-fu to find some new sources.

Are you looking for button-down shirts? Those are the bane of my existence. It is always gaping galore unless I take them to a seamstress to have them fitted. I really should learn how to do this on my own. Big boobs suck.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Linkura Why is your avatar so terrifying
lol

I personally think he's adorable. <3

I explained it in another Hangout I'm a part of:
I've thought that my avatar might scare people with are afraid of clowns, but......... It's important to me. I actually took the pic (the full pic has me next to him). It's from Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando and it's a Killer Klown from Outer Space. I love horror movies and bad movies and I'm a part of both hangouts here. So I thought it was a good representation of a part of me that isn't as known or seen as my DQ/JRPG and PoliEra side.

Linkura's avatars often amuse me. The clown is no exception >:)
Your new av is so appropriate, haha.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
lol

I've thought that my avatar might scare people with are afraid of clowns, but......... It's important to me. I actually took the pic (the full pic has me next to him). It's from Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando and it's a Killer Klown from Outer Space. I love horror movies and bad movies and I'm a part of both hangouts here. So I thought it was a good representation of a part of me that isn't as known or seen as my DQ/JRPG and PoliEra side.
Haha. Thanks for the explanation.

Wonder if I should change my avatar for the next year. But I've grown very fond of this one.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
lol

Your new av is so appropriate, haha.
fun fact, that movie is why i'm scared of clowns to this day

Gugi40

Mar 7, 2018
Canada
Hi everyone!

So glad to have a kind of safe space to not have to hear mansplaining or general ignorance. I am excited to be part of this!

Also, has anyone bought from FashionNova at all?

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Hi everyone!

So glad to have a kind of safe space to not have to hear mansplaining or general ignorance. I am excited to be part of this!
Hi! Yeah this thread is great for that. Just yesterday I said Ryan Gosling did nothing for me, and some dude tried to convince me otherwise. Like... dude... xD

Dec 2, 2017
Hi! Yeah this thread is great for that. Just yesterday I said Ryan Gosling did nothing for me, and some dude tried to convince me otherwise. Like... dude... xD

I think that thread was 95% men posting. I should post some Tudor era Henry Cavill pictures. Gossling never did anything for me either but I think a lot of his popularity came from the Notebook.

Oct 25, 2017
I've very much meh on him.

Maybe I don't hang in the right circles, but I've seen way more straight men bring up Ryan Gosling when talking about hot men than straight women or gay men.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Men love telling each other what women find attractive without actually consulting women. Whether that's saying Ryan Gosling does it for everyone, strongly advocating for a gym ritual, or (lol) pretending Kratos is anything other than a male power fantasy.

I've had guys flat out not believe me when I said I thought Dane DeHaan and Bill Skarsgård were cute, or they discount my opinion because I'm also attracted to women. It's great.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I think what turned me around on Ryan Gosling was Crazy Stupid Love and his nude scene in it. Before that I was meh too.

Probably nsfw:
ryan-gosling-locker-room.jpg

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Decided to add some women to the beloved actors thread and I've already been called "weird" haha!

MirVie

Nov 17, 2017
The "In Ireland, Underwear Choice Decides Consent" thread is making me scream and throw stuff through the room IRL. I'm so pissed off right now, I'm better off not posting there.

Dec 2, 2017
Every thread on these boards which concerns women's issues or the opinion of women ends in this

mansplain-bingo.jpg

Like clockwork and most of these men think themselves as progressive. To be honest, I stopped caring about men's input when it comes to women's issues or feminism. The only feminist topics men are supportive of tend to be those men benefit from.

Gugi40

Mar 7, 2018
Canada
Every thread on these boards which concerns women's issues or the opinion of women ends in this

Like clockwork and most of these men think themselves as progressive. To be honest, I stopped caring about men's input when it comes to women's issues or feminism. The only feminist topics men are supportive of tend to be those men benefit from.
Oh my god honestly I can't even find this funny anymore because it is so rampant these days and not just online but in real life. Like honestly, ask any woman here if they have encountered this and I guarantee you that at LEAST 9/10 will say yes. Men even do this to themselves especially when another male has become a victim of something or defends women.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World

mansplain-bingo.jpg

"dumblr" should be replaced with "as a man"

...oh god i'm doing it

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Hahahaha fuck meeeeeee

Just had an appointment with a back doctor. He looked at my mri of my back from four years ago and said I had arthritis back then. The doctor four years ago said it was normal. Had this shit for 4+ years and could have been doing more about it if I'd known fuck meeee.

So I'm going for another mri. The one I did last month was only of the pelvic region and this doctor wants one of my full back. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic.

Meanwhile my back has really crapped out the past several days. Since I'm not going to get a resolution right away I guess I'll just take some nsaids and hope for the best.

Wren Wolfe

Nov 10, 2017
Hi everyone!

Also, has anyone bought from FashionNova at all?

I got a pair of high-waisted skinny jeans for $15, and they are my favorite jeans! I am considering buying them in every color (I have green now, but they come in 7 other colors). I struggle with jeans, because my butt is really big for my frame, and I have bad luck of ripping the ass out of my pants often, but I've had my FashionNova jeans for 8 months, and they're going strong! Haha

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Hahahaha fuck meeeeeee

Just had an appointment with a back doctor. He looked at my mri of my back from four years ago and said I had arthritis back then. The doctor four years ago said it was normal. Had this shit for 4+ years and could have been doing more about it if I'd known fuck meeee.

So I'm going for another mri. The one I did last month was only of the pelvic region and this doctor wants one of my full back. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic.

Meanwhile my back has really crapped out the past several days. Since I'm not going to get a resolution right away I guess I'll just take some nsaids and hope for the best.
I'm sorry that nothing was done sooner :( hopefully the nsaids can get it managed.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry that nothing was done sooner :( hopefully the nsaids can get it managed.
Well it seems like looking up the treatment for arthritis, I was doing what I would have been doing anyway- PT exercises to strengthen the back, flexibility and strength exercises. So I probably didn't get fucked too much by not knowing all this time.

But that means I had arthritis at 26, not 27 like I thought (that's was when I was diagnosed with my thumb arthritis). Damn. I don't have any disorders that are known to cause arthritis either. Just a shitty luck of the genetic draw.