• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
yiiiikes

Man I don't even watch the show and can understand how awful that outfit is
At some point (ok, after like 2 posts) I just reported one of the posts like that saying something like (not verbatim), "There's multiple people in this thread saying this shit and it's a fucking cesspool, do something about it" instead of wasting my time reporting all the posts saying "I don't watch the show lol but I'm going to comment on how it looks fine anyway because I'm a passive misogynist with male privilege." My blood was boiling.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I expected a sea of red bars, but there's only one so far and it was for a personal attack. That's pathetic. I'm glad Nepenthe finally stepped in and further posts out of line will be moderated, but it's insane that it took that long.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I expected a sea of red bars, but there's only one so far and it was for a personal attack. That's pathetic. I'm glad Nepenthe finally stepped in and further posts out of line will be moderated, but it's insane that it took that long.
That's ridiculous. There was also an obvious victim blaming of Kavanugh's victim in PoliERA by someone who was previously banned for calling Kim K "community pussy." I reported it. Nothing happened.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At some point (ok, after like 2 posts) I just reported one of the posts like that saying something like (not verbatim), "There's multiple people in this thread saying this shit and it's a fucking cesspool, do something about it" instead of wasting my time reporting all the posts saying "I don't watch the show lol but I'm going to comment on how it looks fine anyway because I'm a passive misogynist with male privilege." My blood was boiling.

Yeah I could only make it to like 20 replies before rolling my eyes and leaving, props to you for bringing more awareness to it though.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I'm not going to lie, the Handmaid's thread made me debate quitting this forum. I obviously didn't, but threads like that are so exhausting.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this on another group I'm a part of. Baby congratulations card in Sweden.... No words.

42773832_2390153321001378_8022781227100536832_n.jpg

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe you have seen this series already, but I recommend watching the fall where Gillian Anderson plays Stella Gibson. And I have rarely seen a portrayal of a professional woman that I like better.

Rosen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to lie, the Handmaid's thread made me debate quitting this forum. I obviously didn't, but threads like that are so exhausting.
I honestly feel the same really, it really highlights how difficult it is to deal with issues that affect us without being admonished
I really enjoyed Gillian Anderson performance, she was really great. I hated the violence and details so much, I just gave up wanting to like the show.
I did enjoy the Fall with the details and Gillian Anderson's acting of the role though I disliked the violence on some levels it could have and has been handled a lot worse in the past like in Spiral and The Killing, and the Returned. The writer argues that it is not exploitative as it avoids sexualising violence and dehumanising the victims.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Women in brazil is fighting with all our strenghts so that a sexist, racist and lgbtphobic asshole don't become the president.

We had some awesome mobilization last saturday all over the country and will have another this saturday since the first round of brazilian elections is this sunday. So many women mobilizating that even Madonna posted a #EleNão hashtag.

It is exausting to arguee with his asshole fans but going in one of the walks and being in the middle of so many awesome women of all ages, shapes and colors was one of the most energizing things I did in a long time.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Women in brazil is fighting with all our strenghts so that a sexist, racist and lgbtphobic asshole don't become the president.

We had some awesome mobilization last saturday all over the country and will have another this saturday since the first round of brazilian elections is this sunday. So many women mobilizating that even Madonna posted a #EleNão hashtag.

It is exausting to arguee with his asshole fans but going in one of the walks and being in the middle of so many awesome women of all ages, shapes and colors was one of the most energizing things I did in a long time.
Having that kind of President is just awful. We're with you ladies in the US.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
So I had that appointment today with the rheumatologist (mentioned here a couple months ago when it was scheduled). Since I have no swelling or excess fluid anywhere, and the blood tests were all normal, she didn't want to do fluid or blood testing. She did do some x-rays though to see if there were any markers showing up there. If anything, they will show if there's any progress for my osteoarthritis, which is nice since my last x-rays for those were three years ago when I was first diagnosed. She spent a half hour with me going over my history and any possibilities with that. She was good in that she didn't state any conclusions, but I think she was skeptical I have anything in her purview. That's nice, since a lot of these disorders are just nasty, but it doesn't explain why I got osteoarthritis at 27 years old. My body just might be shit, I guess.

Also, when I went to get the x-rays, the radiologist said, "You look like you're 14! Are you sure you're 30?" :(

Reeks

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hi all,
I'm new to this thread. Just wanted to say hello. The past two weeks have been really hard for me. A lot of emotions have been stirred up.

I feel like I've dealt with my past. I was sexually assaulted twice. But what's been plaguing me is how hard the proccess of coming forward was. After the second assault, I went to an advocate who helped me decide to go to the police. The police were less than kind (until I recorded a comfession). What has been making me boil is that this happens to so many people. I was lucky because I got a confession. But the year-long ordeal was beyond difficult. After years of therapy and great strides in life I'm suddenly overcome with rage. It feels strange not knowing how to calm down sometimes or if I even want to calm down. Idk. Anyone elsw feeling this way?

Anyways, I've just been really going through it and thought I'd share with y'all.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Hi all,
I'm new to this thread. Just wanted to say hello. The past two weeks have been really hard for me. A lot of emotions have been stirred up.

I feel like I've dealt with my past. I was sexually assaulted twice. But what's been plaguing me is how hard the proccess of coming forward was. After the second assault, I went to an advocate who helped me decide to go to the police. The police were less than kind (until I recorded a comfession). What has been making me boil is that this happens to so many people. I was lucky because I got a confession. But the year-long ordeal was beyond difficult. After years of therapy and great strides in life I'm suddenly overcome with rage. It feels strange not knowing how to calm down sometimes or if I even want to calm down. Idk. Anyone elsw feeling this way?

Anyways, I've just been really going through it and thought I'd share with y'all.
So I had that appointment today with the rheumatologist (mentioned here a couple months ago when it was scheduled). Since I have no swelling or excess fluid anywhere, and the blood tests were all normal, she didn't want to do fluid or blood testing. She did do some x-rays though to see if there were any markers showing up there. If anything, they will show if there's any progress for my osteoarthritis, which is nice since my last x-rays for those were three years ago when I was first diagnosed. She spent a half hour with me going over my history and any possibilities with that. She was good in that she didn't state any conclusions, but I think she was skeptical I have anything in her purview. That's nice, since a lot of these disorders are just nasty, but it doesn't explain why I got osteoarthritis at 27 years old. My body just might be shit, I guess.

Also, when I went to get the x-rays, the radiologist said, "You look like you're 14! Are you sure you're 30?" :(

I'm too tried to say anything clever right now except to give *hugs* to all of you. Stay strong :( <3

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your story. I've felt that way about other stuff, but I've fortunately never been sexually assaulted. I consider myself extremely lucky in that regard. Hugs to you. <3

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Hi all,

Yes I do recognise the sudden flaring up of emotions around a traumatic experience that I thought I dealt with. My conclusion is that there are different levels of healing. Rational and emotional. Rational is the easiest for me, but the emotional level is buried deep and can surface literally decades later. I bring my attention to these emotions and tell myself that they are not there to hurt me, but just want to be felt. Afterwards I feel more complete somehow.

It isn't easy so a big hug for you.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Glad to see some more people joining the thread and thank y'all for sharing your stories!

On another note, I think seeing the word puritanical or related words on this site again might make me go crazy.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Well my back xray results are back. There's some evidence of cartilage wear and they are unclear as to whether it's inflammatory or not. Want me to do an mri which I'm ok with. I had an xray and mri done of my back 5ish years ago and it didn't show diddly so I'm surprised.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Got results on my hand xrays. Mild erosion via osteoarthritis, so what I was originally diagnosed with 3 years ago. No followup on that.

Miss Piggy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Hi, many thanks to weemadarthur for the invite to this thread. I'm a long-time UK GAF and now ERA lurker, should really post more!

Wren Wolfe

Nov 10, 2017
Hi, everyone! Thank you weemadarthur for the invitation to this thread! I've been lurking on ERA for a while, and I'm finally starting to get more active in the community.

I'm happy to be here and talk with you all!