• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Today at 4pm I am going to do the hardest thing a pet owner has to do. Last night my sweet Kali wouldn't come to eat and just laid in her favorite basket. I brought food to her but she barely took 2 licks. Even when awake her eyes seems glazed, like she was tired.... This morning she did eat and went on the porch for a little while but now she is back in her favorite basket. So today I will just be with her, love her, snuggle her and then say my final goodbye. My husband and parents will be there as well, as they all loved her too.

The selfish part of me wants to say, she ate today, it isn't her time but the part of me that doesn't want her to suffer knows she is tired and it is her time. I am glad she is a little more awake today, her last day will be an ok one and not one spent feeling very sick/in pain. The picture is her in her favorite basket. Sorry the picture is so huge, I made it smaller and uploaded it but it is still huge.
m99Qq1W.jpg

Last edited:

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Is there children involved?

Thankfully no. Just the pet dispute.

I'm sorry :( She can always try, it's always just better to have a paper trail. Let her know that next time if he tries to come over and get violent or abusive with her or anyone in her household, call the police immediately.

Absolutely. She says she's going to give it a try. And she will this time. Previously she was just in that hole where you don't want to call for help....yayyyy.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. He's currently planning on moving back to the same state as she is, so I find that quite troubling. :/

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Today at 4pm I am going to do the hardest thing a pet owner has to do. Last night my sweet Kali wouldn't come to eat and just laid in her favorite basket. I brought food to her but she barely took 2 licks. Even when awake her eyes seems glazed, like she was tired.... This morning she did eat and went on the porch for a little while but now she is back in her favorite basket. So today I will just be with her, love her, snuggle her and then say my final goodbye. My husband and parents will be there as well, as they all loved her too.

The selfish part of me wants to say, she ate today, it isn't her time but the part of me that doesn't want her to suffer knows she is tired and it is her time. I am glad she is a little more awake today, her last day will be an ok one and not one spent feeling very sick/in pain. The picture is her in her favorite basket. Sorry, the picture is so huge, I made it smaller and uploaded it but it is still huge.
m99Qq1W.jpg

That's a beautiful picture of her. And a very hard decision to make. I'm glad you and her will be surrounded by people who love you both.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

The selfish part of me wants to say, she ate today, it isn't her time but the part of me that doesn't want her to suffer knows she is tired and it is her time. I am glad she is a little more awake today, her last day will be an ok one and not one spent feeling very sick/in pain. The picture is her in her favorite basket. Sorry the picture is so huge, I made it smaller and uploaded it but it is still huge.
m99Qq1W.jpg
I'm so sorry. What a beautiful cat.

She is acting like our old cat did the day we decided to put her to sleep. She just stayed on her favorite scratch pad for hours, couldn't sleep and barely eat, and was purring very loudly because she was in so much pain. She had just been diagnosed with lung cancer a few days before. We'd only had her for 2.5 months- her owner had died and we took her in. She was 17 1/2 years old, so she had lived a long, happy life. It was terrible because we had her just long enough to love her and really be terribly sad about it. :'(

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017

m99Qq1W.jpg

I had to put both of my cats down within the same year (they were close in age and became very ill) and it's just the worst fucking thing. The second actually died as we arrived at the clinic, and since we had to go in during regular operating hours we were made to sit there with our dead cat for 30 minutes waiting to be seen. One year later I still feel so fucking guilty every single day that I didn't take him a day or two earlier and end his suffering properly by emergency appointment. I wanted to scream every second that passed by in that waiting room. If it's any consolation, you're doing the right thing even though it's hard as hell, you aren't making the same selfish mistake I did in looking for signs they could cling on for another day or two.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

m99Qq1W.jpg

Aww what a cute kitty. Rest in Peace, my condolences.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017

m99Qq1W.jpg

I'm so sorry Seirith, she's such a beautiful cat and I hope you are able to have a good last day with her. I lost my first pet/cat in June of 2013 and it was extremely hard. My thoughts are with you -hugs-

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
This was just posted in PoliERA and it is such STRAIGHT FUCKING FIREEEEEEEE that I had to run here and post it:

I'm in love.

jeeeeeeeeeeesus

m99Qq1W.jpg
RIP :(

vainya

Dec 28, 2017
New Jersey, USA

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. But you are doing the right thing so that she will not suffer.

PhazonBlonde

User requested ban
Banned
May 18, 2018
Somewhere deep in space

m99Qq1W.jpg
I'm so sorry for your loss, poor Kali.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
RIP poor Kali. I'm sorry Seirith. *hugs*
I had to put both of my cats down within the same year (they were close in age and became very ill) and it's just the worst fucking thing. The second actually died as we arrived at the clinic, and since we had to go in during regular operating hours we were made to sit there with our dead cat for 30 minutes waiting to be seen. One year later I still feel so fucking guilty every single day that I didn't take him a day or two earlier and end his suffering properly by emergency appointment. I wanted to scream every second that passed by in that waiting room. If it's any consolation, you're doing the right thing even though it's hard as hell, you aren't making the same selfish mistake I did in looking for signs they could cling on for another day or two.
That's awful. I would have gone so crazy too, and probably cried the whole time. I'm so sorry you and your cat had to go through that. :(

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017

OMG! I'm so sorry you had to go through that and I am so sorry they made you wait! That is awful, they should have taken you right away!

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for all the support everyone. It was extremely hard and for a few days and both my husband and I thought we saw her laying in places but it was of course our other cats. Its weird without her here as she was my lap cat and always wanted to be with me while the other 3 are a lot more independent but I know it was her time and she had a great life. I did just get a call from my vet that her paw print is ready to be picked up, they do a clay one free of charge, which made me cry again. I will always miss her and wish I could have had more time with her but I am glad I got to have 14 years and 4 months with her and that her end was peaceful and quick. It just really is hard to let them go.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Thankfully no. Just the pet dispute.

Absolutely. She says she's going to give it a try. And she will this time. Previously she was just in that hole where you don't want to call for help....yayyyy.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. He's currently planning on moving back to the same state as she is, so I find that quite troubling. :/

I wanted to give a follow up about my friend. She wasn't able to secure a restraining order, they said she didn't have solid enough proof. But she has installed 3 security cameras in her home.

They will however be at the same con this weekend, so I really hope they do not cross paths. But she is not posting on social media when and where she'll be.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Is your friend going with anyone? She should make sure they avoid posting anything too in case he knows her friend group's social media info.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Is your friend going with more people? It would be good if she wasn't alone due to the chances of running into that asshole.

I hope everything works out for her!

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Yes, she's keeping a friend and her fiance with her at all times. And they're all doing the same thing with social media as well.

Kiddo76

Nov 27, 2017
Well, bloodwork is back and it's all normal. Wondering if I should still press on and see a rheumatologist just in case. Thoughts?

Per doctor Google, I have the bolded symptoms:
Pain areas: in the joints, back, or muscles
Joints: stiffness,
swelling, tenderness, or weakness
Whole body: fatigue,
anemia, or malaise
Skin: lumps or redness
Hand: bump on the finger or swelling
Also common: flare, dry mouth, physical deformity, or sensation of pins and needles [with cubital tunnel syndrome in my elbow nerves]

I see that your tests came back negative. All the women in my family have been diagnosed with RA. My mom went to a female doctor, tests were run, and we found out that she had all these weird allergies that were causing her symptoms. It wasn't RA at all! Once she cut red meat out of her diet, her symptoms went away.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I see that your tests came back negative. All the women in my family have been diagnosed with RA. My mom went to a female doctor, tests were run, and we found out that she had all these weird allergies that were causing her symptoms. It wasn't RA at all! Once she cut red meat out of her diet, her symptoms went away.
Huh! Interesting. I rarely eat red meat though. :O

However, I am seeing a rheumatologist the first week of October anyway. I've been allergy tested, but perhaps I should be tested for more things. My husband is also allergic to beef!

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really bothered enough by this to make a thread but god there aren't enough middle fingers in the world for people who tell me to "Smile!" Like "who the fuck are you??" For some reason it's always people I don't know (which they should know better, mind your own freakin business) and it's always dudes.

"It's not as bad as you think it is"

FOH you know nothing about my life

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I'm not really bothered enough by this to make a thread but god there aren't enough middle fingers in the world for people who tell me to "Smile!" Like "who the fuck are you??" For some reason it's always people I don't know (which they should know better, mind your own freakin business) and it's always dudes.

"It's not as bad as you think it is"

FOH you know nothing about my life
That fits pretty well among the complaints in this thread if you want to add your voice, or just comisserate

https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...man-who’s-just-asking-to-be-left-alone.65182/

Oct 27, 2017

My mental translator always interprets these encounters as "I feel moved to remind you that all women are decorative objects in the scenery of my life, and in that role you aren't performing as enthusiastically as I am owed. Act more attractive for my enjoyment right now, while I take this opportunity to check if your desire to simply proceed through your day without incident obliges you to automatically do what I want now that I've made this irritating request of you. By the way, I'm totally getting off on telling you what to do, hoo boy."

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the odd one out and love the heat. The weather in Massachusetts these past few days has been absolutely perfect and I'm saddened that Saturday is already September. I can't stand the cold and there's not much summer/warm weather left :(

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017

:'( Haha My body literally doesn't sweat so it takes a whole lot for me to be warm meanwhile I shiver below 75f. My apartment was set to 82f with the heat pretty much all last winter. Went to an uncles house with my mother/younger sisters Tuesday when the weather app said the feels like temperature was 104f. I was as dry as can be not an ounce of sweat anywhere. Enjoyed being out in that weather.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
While I may not like the fall/cool weather I do love the season itself and got a pair of $80 boots on clearance for $12 this past march then I've been waiting all year to wear. Once it reliably goes under 70f for a high I'll be breaking those bad boys out finally along with my leggings and skinny jeans that I don't wear during the warm months.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Dunkin Donuts here released the Pumpkin/Fall seasonal drinks and items this past Sunday but I'll probably wait until it starts getting a bit cooler and it's officially fall before I get my first PSL/PSC of the year. Drinking Pumpkin Spice beverages when it's still 90f+ out and August just feels weird haha

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Last year I got a pumpkin spice coffee at Starbucks because a lot of people seem to love it. But I found it incredibly sweet. Not sure if I will try that again. I am looking forward to fall though. The season of cosy things.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The last month has been pretty mild here after an incredibly hot July. I think I'm looking forward to the cooler weather in Autumn, though. Halloween is also one of my favourite holidays.