• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
So jealous of those that can go braless. It would terrifying if I did that. After I weened the kiddo these things deflated and decided they had enough of my ribcage and tried to run away​

For me it depends what I'm wearing, I wouldn't think of it with my thinner fabric tops or certain cut ones but I can get away with it with thicker fabrics as well as when it gets colder as more layers.

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
Also, braless? Me? I wish. Only time I go braless in public is in the dead of winter when I'm covered under several layers.

Aiustis

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cybertronic Purgatory
Going to repost this from IronERA, because maybe some of y'all have good ideas.

Basically, I'm throwing a mini dinner party.

What sort of dessert flavors complement a tomato/meat based main (spaghetti).

I'd like a holiday themed parfait, but I was wondering if something else might be more appropriate. Preferably, I'd like to serve it IN a small glass, so it has to be both pretty and delicious.

Initially I was going to do chocolate and matcha layers (maybe pudding & oreo layers, w/matcha whipped cream?) but I'm worried that might not pair well, as we're having sweet red wine and whisky. Maybe a coffee to accompany that

Or should pasta go with something fruity at the end. Lemon perhaps (or too sour?)? Banana pudding (maybe more appropriate for a meat dish?).

Also, should I do a soup starter or a salad starter? It just seems like a lot of work. A salad would work better but I'm not sure if I want two sour-ish dishes (given that tomato has a bit of that sour profile).
The pudding is a great idea actually to balance out the tomato, but I would tone it down, to chocolate and matcha or vanilla and matcha. Or just a matcha ice cream. Go with a light salad dressed with olive oil, salt, pepper and a little bit of lemon.

OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lychee sorbet, with sliced strawberries and blackberries, and a drizzle of honey.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Going to repost this from IronERA, because maybe some of y'all have good ideas.

Basically, I'm throwing a mini dinner party.

What sort of dessert flavors complement a tomato/meat based main (spaghetti).

I'd like a holiday themed parfait, but I was wondering if something else might be more appropriate. Preferably, I'd like to serve it IN a small glass, so it has to be both pretty and delicious.

Initially I was going to do chocolate and matcha layers (maybe pudding & oreo layers, w/matcha whipped cream?) but I'm worried that might not pair well, as we're having sweet red wine and whisky. Maybe a coffee to accompany that

Or should pasta go with something fruity at the end. Lemon perhaps (or too sour?)? Banana pudding (maybe more appropriate for a meat dish?).

Also, should I do a soup starter or a salad starter? It just seems like a lot of work. A salad would work better but I'm not sure if I want two sour-ish dishes (given that tomato has a bit of that sour profile).

My grandmother makes this every year for the holidays and it's pretty easy to make and very delicious and checks of quite a few of the ideas you were thinking of.

https://happyhooligans.ca/luscious-lemon-delight-an-easy-to-make-layered-dessert/

It's light and airy and has a lovely balance of sweet and tartness due to the mix of flavors. Coffee also pairs quite well with it too.

I'm partial to soup as I love it.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my avatar up. My old Mac laptop were I had it stored decided to die. Luckily I found the comic page it's from again.

kierwynn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
My grandmother makes this every year for the holidays and it's pretty easy to make and very delicious and checks of quite a few of the ideas you were thinking of.

https://happyhooligans.ca/luscious-lemon-delight-an-easy-to-make-layered-dessert/

It's light and airy and has a lovely balance of sweet and tartness due to the mix of flavors. Coffee also pairs quite well with it too.

I'm partial to soup as I love it.
Oh I'm going to have to make that- I absolutely love anything lemon and that looks so good!

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I'm going to have to make that- I absolutely love anything lemon and that looks so good!

It's also easy to customize too so if your not a fan of pecans you can use walnuts instead (my grandmother prefers the walnut version) and it's yummy as well so that's up to your preference!

Include

Oct 25, 2017
Not using my bra is like the most uncomfortable feeling ever! When I was a teenager it actually physically hurts and not just uncomfortable.

Deleted member 1287

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also am envious of people able to avoid bras from time to time. It's like I paid someone to torture me. Expensive death traps lol
Taking mine off at the end of the day feels like getting out of a tiny, supportive prison.

Edit: Sports bras that fit me feel impossible to get on and off, like I'm trying to struggle with an uncooperative spandex cat. What can I do to not be exhausted by struggling into one before my workout even begins?

m o n s t e r

Oct 25, 2017
under your bed
Taking mine off at the end of the day feels like getting out of a tiny, supportive prison.

Edit: Sports bras that fit me feel impossible to get on and off, like I'm trying to struggle with an uncooperative spandex cat. What can I do to not be exhausted by struggling into one before my workout even begins?
It's nice to take off sometimes, like after a long day. There's some days that just I feel weird if I don't have it on. If lounging around, without going to bed, I have to have it on. Bahhh I'm probably weird lol
BTW.. that edit made me crack up.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
When I was a teenager I would actually wear my bra p much 24/7, even sleep in it. I just got so used to it I never really thought about it.

If I'm not going outside I'm not wearing a bra, screw wearing them at home. >_<

Nowadays tho, this is me. Bra is off as soon as I enter through that door LOL

Include

Oct 25, 2017
When I was a teenager I would actually wear my bra p much 24/7, even sleep in it. I just got so used to it I never really thought about it.

If there is one thing to always remember is that in this world there is always someone weirder than you! And by that I mean that I actually still sleep with my bra on.

m o n s t e r

Oct 25, 2017
under your bed
If there is one thing to always remember is that in this world there is always someone weirder than you! And by that I mean that I actually still sleep with my bra on.
A question popped into my head: "who really is the weirdest person in the world then?"
If that statement is true, then isn't there someone, somewhere who that statement doesn't relate to? Wouldn't there be someone who literally has no one to call "weirder"? Or are we going with "weirdness" being too subjective to say? Lmao

Last edited:

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
A question popped into my head: "who really is the weirdest person in the world then?"
If that statement is true, then isn't there someone, somewhere who that statement doesn't relate to? Wouldn't there be someone who literally has no one to call "weirder"? Or are we going with "weirdness" being too subjective to say? Lmao
Do you want it to be stated "there is a P = ((n-1)/n) chance that someone else is weirder than you?" haha.

Include

Oct 25, 2017

It's like the egg and chicken question, thinking too much about it will hurts our brain!

Technically the chicken and egg question has been scientifically answered

the answer is :
The chicken came first IIRC

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

LMAO dang girl, you're hardcore! I can never go back to that life, I'd never sleep again!

I don't really draw but I write. I like ALL art though.

And whoops, missed this earlier -- but that's cool! I used to write too when I was younger but there's only so much hobby time, it got sacrificed for art and gaming. D;
Are you planning to participate in NaNoWriMo??

dee_activate

Oct 25, 2017
world
hoping you guys can give me some tips. Myself and my bo are on the way to visit a hotel that we will be hosting our wedding reception in . I'm kinda freaking out as the date is coming up quickly. Its gonna be a winter wedding (March). So anyone who has gone through or going through wedding planning, any tips or questions I should be asking? I'm kinda lost here.

m o n s t e r

Oct 25, 2017
under your bed
hoping you guys can give me some tips. Myself and my bo are on the way to visit a hotel that we will be hosting our wedding reception in . I'm kinda freaking out as the date is coming up quickly. Its gonna be a winter wedding (March). So anyone who has gone through or going through wedding planning, any tips or questions I should be asking? I'm kinda lost here.
I'm engaged, but haven't done much planning yet.. so I'm probably not very useful.
Good questions to ask, in my opinion, are things like max. capacity, times, chairs/furniture, if you decide to go with theirs. Stuff like that. Besides that, I'm likely of no help haha

I have a double padded shirt that lets me go braless :D I don't remember where I got it from though.
Let me know if you remember where you got those. I need that in my life.

Last edited:

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Don't have too many bridesmaids and groomsmen. It gets exponentially harder to coordinate colors and dresses with every other person up there, and it looks silly to have twenty people up in front. Don't worry about the politics of who gets invited. If the person isn't in your life, you shouldn't have to pretend like they are. They'll probably only come because the feel obligated and there's free alcohol. Speaking of which, open bars are great. Don't pick a venue where most guests have to get a hotel room unless you want a small wedding. Don't tell anybody who doesn't need to know that it's for a wedding, that it's for a wedding (ex: caterers probably don't need to know). Services like these will charge several times more for weddings because they know people only get married once or twice and will pay for it.

Have fun! You're putting all this work and effort into it. It's supposed to be an amazing day. Don't be afraid to let the little things go and enjoy yourself :)

dee_activate

Oct 25, 2017
world
I'm engaged, but haven't done much planning yet.. so I'm probably not very useful.
Good questions to ask, in my opinion, are things like max. capacity, times, chairs/furniture, if you decide to go with theirs. Stuff like that. Besides that, I'm likely of no help haha.

lol I haven't thought of furniture at all

Don't have too many bridesmaids and groomsmen. It gets exponentially harder to coordinate colors and dresses with every other person up there, and it looks silly to have twenty people up in front. Don't worry about the politics of who gets invited. If the person isn't in your life, you shouldn't have to pretend like they are. They'll probably only come because the feel obligated and there's free alcohol. Speaking of which, open bars are great. Don't pick a venue where most guests have to get a hotel room unless you want a small wedding. Don't tell anybody who doesn't need to know that it's for a wedding, that it's for a wedding (ex: caterers probably don't need to know). Services like these will charge several times more for weddings because they know people only get married once or twice and will pay for it.

Have fun! You're putting all this work and effort into it. It's supposed to be an amazing day. Don't be afraid to let the little things go and enjoy yourself :)

Yes when it came to invites, i thought of who i would like to see in the photos , and that cut our guest list down A LOT. Yes we have an open bar, we booked the whole hotel and already made a deal that we will use thier wine but our booze when the meal is over. we've been collecting booze throughout the year.

We never thought of not informing services what the occasion is, thanks!
And yes colours, oh god, i have to decide on colours. We decided on 3 bridesmaids and no groomsmen, just a best man, well best person. his best friend is female. But the bridesmaids will have different style dresses to suit everyone's body type.

Last edited:

indigo blue

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
indigo blue The only thing I can suggest is visiting your favorites shops online or otherwise and chose one that capture your eyes, that's usually what I do. I sometimes kinda spend an unhealthy amount of hours looking for an item until something truly catch my fancy.

Thank you for the advice!! Clothes shopping has always been difficult for me... I spend hours wandering the malls and end up dazed and a bit queasy.

Random big sales (usually online) are the only things that can motivate me to focus lol. I have no problems with shoes though for some reason

l2iv6

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

holy crap! isn't it uncomfortable though? I personally can't stand bras, and rarely wear them, unless the outfit really needs it (mesh tops, sort of see through material, etc). when I do wear them though, it's always something without wire, and it's probably fromLonelyorLove Stories~

MaskedNdi

Oct 25, 2017
The only new fall clothes I've really picked up are combat boots and this dress from Target. I wear it pretty much every week, though!

I recently splurged a little and picked up several pieces of omocat's fall collection, just in time for spoopy season 8))
I'm a bit obsessed with their sweaters, they're so comfy and cool looking.

Those sold-out black hoodies are everything! What did you wind up getting?

Also Phoenix is wonderful when he is with his true love Iris.

latest

Also team Iris, reporting in.

You might not know me but I know how you have defended FFVIII multiple times. For that you have my eternal gratitude :3

So speaking of updates, I bought this Babyliss Hot Straghtening Brush. I was looking for a way to keep my hair more tidy, in shape and professional for work. My hair is not really curly but thick and it looks messy sometimes. I'm not sure if it was a good idea to get it for that, as I'm usually clueless about taking care of my hair besides using a shampoo and brushing. How do you gals take care of your hair? Do you have any tips?

I also have thick hair, and it has definitely taken a lot of work to get it to look non-messy every day. I have an awesome hairdresser and that helps. I usually wash my hair ever 2-3 days, using dry shampoo on the days in between. I'm currently loving Philosophy's Amazing Grace Dry Shampoo. I apply a leave-in conditioner when I get out of the shower. I wring out my hair and let it air-dry for a bit, then go over it with a ceramic flat-iron. I use a CHI, but I've heard great things about the Baby Bliss brand. I always use a heat protectant spray before I do that. I use a cheapo curling want after that to give it some way. I usually apply Moroccan oil to my hair for shine, but that's mostly because my hair is really coarse and dry. I try to get my hair cut about every 8 weeks, but in practice, I probably get it cut every 12-16 weeks with bang trims in between. Thick hair is a pain, but it can be tamed and look great!

J2mzGJn.jpg

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I also have thick hair, and it has definitely taken a lot of work to get it to look non-messy every day. I have an awesome hairdresser and that helps. I usually wash my hair ever 2-3 days, using dry shampoo on the days in between. I'm currently loving Philosophy's Amazing Grace Dry Shampoo. I apply a leave-in conditioner when I get out of the shower. I wring out my hair and let it air-dry for a bit, then go over it with a ceramic flat-iron. I use a CHI, but I've heard great things about the Baby Bliss brand. I always use a heat protectant spray before I do that. I use a cheapo curling want after that to give it some way. I usually apply Moroccan oil to my hair for shine, but that's mostly because my hair is really coarse and dry. I try to get my hair cut about every 8 weeks, but in practice, I probably get it cut every 12-16 weeks with bang trims in between. Thick hair is a pain, but it can be tamed and look great!

J2mzGJn.jpg

I'm jealous of you all with thick hair, I have very fine, frizzy hair and it always looks so flat and lifeless.

l2iv6

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
my hair is a thick, curly, frizzy mess, and I love it

hence the username

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I found a way to warm my always cold hands - the heated steering wheel in my truck. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh