• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
What is going on today? There's a ton of redirects to unsafe sites or what not. On mobile. Posting this was a struggle.

SEVEN777

Banned
Apr 27, 2019
Frankfurt, Germany
Yes, kept happening to me for a few days earlier this week. Got redirected to a site called "Survey Center Germany" (I'm based in Frankfurt, Germany). Made the forums literally unusable for me for a few hours on Wednesday and Thursday. Cleared my iPhone's cache and everything but of no avail. No problems to report on my end since yesterday though

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. Its getting ridiculous. Can't even report the ads doing it. I thought this was rectified weeks ago.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's been horrible for me. Make it stop!!!

Come home, baby...
era_cleardfrpr.png

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I browse Era entirely on mobile since its inception using Safari on my iPhone. I don't think I've ever encountered being redirected to other websites. Have you tried clearing your browser history and cookies?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd subscribe to Era to have no ads, but I'd prefer Era fixing the fact I get redirected on mobile a couple times per week. Not into paying just to avoid scams.

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah. Happening to me today, scam ads, it's so bad it makes mobile unusable, it redirects after a few seconds every time. I was using android chrome, so I'll look into another browser.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'd subscribe to Era to have no ads, but I'd prefer Era fixing the fact I get redirected on mobile a couple times per week. Not into paying just to avoid scams.

You're not wrong but it's unwinnable. Ad networks are shady full stop. Even when the site itself is reputable. It's nothing but whackamole. The site staff isn't allowing this. Shirt just gets injected and a back and forth between ad provider and them have to happen.

I'd rather a reasonable fee and kill ads for a site I browse daily forever.

Oct 25, 2017
You're not wrong but it's unwinnable. Ad networks are shady full stop. Even when the site itself is reputable. It's nothing but whackamole. The site staff isn't allowing this. Shirt just gets injected and a back and forth between ad provider and them have to happen.

I'd rather a reasonable fee and kill ads for a site I browse daily forever.
While this is true, as a number of people have mentioned both here and on the old place, virtually no other site no matter how popular has this level of malicious mobile takeover ads crop up occasionally.

So either it's something that specifically targets Era, and I didn't think we'd be popular enough for that to happen, or it's something about the particular ad network and delivery mechanism chosen by both forums.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Information
We've urgently contacted our ad agency about this latest outbreak. Thank you for the reports

Status
Not open for further replies.