• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
This is something I have been thinking about a lot lately. There's no way our country is going to be able to humanely handle the medical debt crisis that is going to catch up to people.

I don't know man. If kids getting shot in schools wasn't enough to move people's asses, I doubt a bunch of poor white people suddenly going through medical bankruptcy will do anything.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Reddit loves having an "accepted" target to spit at and mock, it was fat people (still kinda is) and now it's just antivaxxers.
The people being mocked in that thread are the people that are actively contributing to the pandemic and deaths of others by spreading false, dangerous information. These are people that have rejected scientific explanations in favor of feel good bullshit, which then tend to suddenly take it seriously once they're on Death's door taking up an ICU bed. Why wouldn't you mock these people? They are the perfect example of ridiculous behavior causing needless death, a la the Darwin Awards.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
They want us to take the "high road" so they can abuse our generosity and let them walk right in. They'll complain about you not adhering to rules or moral standards before stabbing you in the back. And people keep falling for it. It all falls apart when other people abuse your empathy, and I've had my empathy abused too many times to freely hand it out anymore.

This is disingenuous. Lots of people have been affected by anti-vaxxers and have watched loved ones die, or even worse, watched their loved ones become anti-vaxxers and the kind of hateful people that show up on that sub.

I was just stating that I understand the feeling of "wanting to be better". You're not wrong though, and as Capra also stated, we're already doing better in our attempts at looking out for others as is.

But yeah, my empathy is running low as well, no thanks in any small part to own family members demanding I respect "their opinions" while not reciprocating in the least.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
This is something I have been thinking about a lot lately. There's no way our country is going to be able to humanely handle the medical debt crisis that is going to catch up to people.

Why on earth do you assume that the country that in our lifetimes that passed tort reform rules to fuck us, fucks over 9/11 responders over or passed obamacare in it's current form vs what it could've been really gives a fuck.

It's a design that some are willing to entertain for BS ideals as horrific things are about to play out at a scale never seen.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Had some time to actually check this subreddit out today.
I haven't had a facebook since about 2015 because the sheer amount of bullshit I was seeing on it, even back then. So seeing all the comments from facebook about people on that subreddit - goddamn do they all sound like religious zealots. "Pray for us! Everyone pray, never stop believing in His word!" --and then-- "The ultimate healing! He is with Jesus now!"

It's such a shock seeing this type of stuff when you haven't been exposed to it for over 5 years. It's like when you forget about something way back in the fridge for years and then look at it and its completely covered in mold.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I've been digging through a lot of these today.
Some of the titles are really goddamn snarky/funny: Lawrence didn't wear his seatbelt outdoors like the CDC recommended.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I was just stating that I understand the feeling of "wanting to be better". You're not wrong though, and as Capra also stated, we're already doing better in our attempts at looking out for others as is.

But yeah, my empathy is running low as well, no thanks in any small part to own family members demanding I respect "their opinions" while not reciprocating in the least.

One of the first threads in there I read had a dude who said that all Chinese people should be lined up and shot. Public status. Full name, face, totally proud.

Why the fuck would I have empathy for someone who literally wants to commit genocide against me, lol.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Genuinely creeped out how some of them announce the death of family member as "receiving their full healing from Jesus".

Death cult.

Nov 2, 2017
My favorite is when they post that meme with the little girl saying "we can pay for vaccines but not insulin ?"

As if the people they vote in aren't the reason for that

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Lol to the T: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...status-dies-of-covid/ar-AAOIPBT?ocid=msedgntp

Mother of 4 whose FB profile said "Unmasked, unmuzzled, unvaccinated, unafraid."

What an insanely fucking idiotic human being, who has now left 4 kids without a mother.

Not to be undone, a mother of EIGHT has now died after refusing the vaccine because of "[her husband's] reaction to the flu vaccine years ago."

Jesus. I mean I really, truly don't want to sound heartless but that honestly sounds like a bullshit excuse. Yeah, sometimes you have side effects of vaccines but the end-result is you're protected. I'd love to know what kind of shit she reads and what she watches on TV - I have a pretty good idea though.

Also, husband is on long-term disability and mentioned he has no idea how he's going to pay for everything. Just such a shitty situation.

Chibits12

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore, MD
If social media especially Facebook can be wiped off the internet, it would make the world a little bit of a better place. All these dumbassery and misinformation just kills so many people.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Have we really progressed much since medieval times where people blamed comets for the plague?

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020
One of the first threads in there I read had a dude who said that all Chinese people should be lined up and shot. Public status. Full name, face, totally proud.

Why the fuck would I have empathy for someone who literally wants to commit genocide against me, lol.
Because otherwise you're just like them and then who's the real Nazi?

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
I understand the anger and complete lack of empathy towards these selfish individuals but my first exposure to that subreddit was a front page reddit post showing that some people who read/participate there were brigading facebook pages and harassing family members of the dead. Yeah, not for me.

People who do that can fuck off into the sun. That is very much against the rules and I doubt you'd find many people who like the sub who think doing that is defensible. If you think that is what the sub is about, you're wrong.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Vehemently disagreeing with anti-vaxxers and trying to counter their misinformation (which I do often) is very different from celebrating if/when they die.

I keep reading on this site how rehabilitation should be the focus over punishment in dealing with crime and how the death penalty is barbaric, but the same kind of posters feel death is an appropriate penalty for being 100% wrong about the vaccine. They are both bad, but I generally feel a murderer is worse than an anti-vaxxer, but I don't think either of them should die or feel its actually a "good" thing when they do.
You understand that there is a difference between wanting people to die and not caring if they die from a completely preventable disease right? Like if someone out their head through a windshield in a car accident cause they weren't wearing their seat belt, like are we supposed to feel sorry for that person for being a dumbass?

Frankly the world is a better place every time an anti vaxxer who actively spreads lies and disinformation dies. Especially the 6 or so conservative radio hosts that have all died.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
People who do that can fuck off into the sun. That is very much against the rules and I doubt you'd find many people who like the sub who think doing that is defensible. If you think that is what the sub is about, you're wrong.
Yeah it's specifically against the rules to do that. Not sure what post that person saw, but I have been going there frequently and I rarely see that.

What you do see are the trolls that are harrassing family members to try and get the sub shut down. Some of them brag about it, before they are banned (probably for the 100th time).

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I can't count the number of threads on here that have served the same purpose. I personally don't care for it. I understand the frustration with these people that lead to this but much like the "Darwin Awards" bullshit I am not A fan of this type of shit and it here really tiresome to see in the OT.
Human beings will always find a way to sanction hatred.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
oh noooo someone think of the feelings of the anti vaxxers during a pandemic

waaahhhh their feelings

LogicAirForce

Oct 25, 2017
I would rather they just get the vaccine but if they refuse to then I'm not afraid to say that I do feel some relief when they inevitably die. It's just one less person helping spread dangerous misinformation, one less person taking hospital resources from an innocent person who needs it. Similar to how I feel when a transphobe dies, one less person who will hate-crime me. Luckily since many of the anti-vaxxers seem to be Trump Stans as well, I get a 2-for-1!

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Yeesh… that one woman who was bitching about masking up and vaccination mandates for restaurants:

(Paraphrase) "Demand Oppression OR I can just not spend my money at your restaurant and cook at home- let's see which one of us survives longer!"

… the woman that posted that died a few months later.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
Surprised at the amount of ass-showing in this thread, not many, but more than I thought for Era.

I wish that subreddit was more public facing so more (affected) people could see it.

Don't forget anti-transgender
The overlap with them is almost a complete circle lol.

They always happen to also be bigoted AF, huge MAGA supporters, religious to the max, etc...most of their profile pics tell me almost everything about them...they're all the same.

MFers are like Uruk-hai, just pulled out of the mud as a template lol
it's a cool and amusing subreddit. i see it on the front page sometimes.

if your leaders, scientists, and doctors are telling you to wear a mask, socially distance, and get vaccinated to help end the pandemic, but you don't, and instead you spread misinformation and decry everyone else following the recommendations as sheep -- and then you contract COVID-19 and die, why should anyone feel sorry for you? why should anyone feel sorry for you when you needlessly take up a hospital bed that should have gone to someone else and that someone else dies?

we could have severely curtailed or even ended the pandemic months ago if everyone was on the same page. instead, self-professed "free thinkers" ruined it and are continuing to ruin it for everyone.
You lost these type of people right there, my friend.

Last edited:

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Reddit admins have pushed new rules unto the subreddit

This decision has come from a higher authority than the moderators. I'm at work now, but will have more to say on the topic later

hd5zyy9sg3q71.jpg

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Official Staff Communication
Now that Reddit has cracked down on the subreddit this thread was about, the thread seems to have run its course. There isn't much left to discuss here. The morbid negativity has also been contentious among members and therefore we're unlikely to revisit this even if the subreddit resurfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.