• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 2, 2019
This reads like pure fan fiction.

They would essentially be remaking all three games. It would require extra motion capture, bringing back voice actors, additional artwork, extra writing, and porting all THREE games to a new engine. This would be a lot for just one game (like the Mafia remake).

All we're going to get are all three games with DLC and minor graphical upgrades and added graphical stability and I'm fine with that.

TLDR: I'd like it to be true, but it's bullshit.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I doubt this is true, but if it turns out it is then I definitely won't purchase. The changes to ME1 alone ruin a lot of what made it my favorite in the series.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I hope this is false. The weapons systems (automatically recharging ammo) is why Mass Effect 1 is the best game in the series. The ammo stuff was so useless in ME2 and ME3. Also, it sounds like they are mostly removing landing on planets, which I loved. That's what made Mass Effect 1 unique. Planet scanning is garbage.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I hope this is false. The weapons systems (automatically recharging ammo) is why Mass Effect 1 is the best game in the series. The ammo stuff was so useless in ME2 and ME3. Also, it sounds like they are mostly removing landing on planets, which I loved. That's what made Mass Effect 1 unique. Planet scanning is garbage.

Landing on planets with next to nothing on them was far worse than planet scanning. If this remake was actually real, them reducing the number of planets you can land in ME1 to just the ones that actually have unique or interesting shit on them would be a huge improvement.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if they were just doing a remaster, they would have done it a long time ago. I buy this.

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I'm still butthurt this bastards took their games off steam back then breaking away me finishing the ME series on PC.

If they bring them and do a decent job I might buy it but all sounds way too not like them tbh

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Replacing the exploration with more planet scanning sounds so dumb. Going around on those planets in the mako was one of my favorite parts of the first game. Hopefully if they actually do revisit the trilogy its more of a remaster with only minor enhancements rather than completely changing shit up like this.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I sincerely doubt they put that much effort into this. Also, while maybe not a popular opinion, I do not want ME changed to be more like later entries. If this were true, I think it'd be a super hard pass.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Landing on planets with next to nothing on them was far worse than planet scanning. If this remake was actually real, them reducing the number of planets you can land in ME1 to just the ones that actually have unique or interesting shit on them would be a huge improvement.

I disagree. If you landed on a real planet you'd see the same thing, nothing. Have you seen images of Mars? It's barren. Landing on the planets added an immersion to the game that was lost in ME2 and ME3. Some may have found it boring. I found it engaging. The galaxy felt BIG. I was hoping that they'd add a little more to do in ME2 and ME3 but instead they just decided to scale it back completely instead of actually doing the work to make it better.

Oct 27, 2017
This is literally wishlist tier, and I want this to be true so badly...

...but there is no way it is legit. They would have to charge a significant amount to justify the level of work being described here across 3 games And the time it would take would have been pretty long. Do we even know how long this has supposedly been in dev for?

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
I find it funny how this is one of the most obviously fake 'leaks' I've ever seen and it still gets 7 pages.

People are so thirsty for a remaster of this series.

nath999

May 7, 2018
There's no way EA of all companies is putting that much work into a remaster when they could plop the games onto a disc and upscale them and still sell a ton.

ME3 Multiplayer was a pretty good money maker. I tend to think this is BS too but it's somewhat plausible, although I am not sure 3 years is enough time for this team to get it all done.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Shinobi literally blessed this thread with "lmao" and it is still open?
Come on.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
They'll still have javik as a $5 DLC despite being important to the lore in ME3.

I'm still mad at EA for that bullshit.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
this sounds fake because they decided to include the bits about expanded areas and more NPCs in certain hubs and also more dialogue. I do not think a ME trilogy would be this expanded. It would be the same content and systems but with the textures and resolution and fps worked on.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
If they were remaking the games in the frostbite engine why would they look different from each other as described in the rumour? It'd be wild for them to make three sets of assets for it lol

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The part about the trilogy being remade on Frostbite screams FAKE

Pyroblazer

Oct 30, 2017
If they were remaking the games in the frostbite engine why would they look different from each other as described in the rumour? It'd be wild for them to make three sets of assets for it lol

Yeah this makes no sense to me.

If they port it on Frostbite and change the gameplay, that alone would be super huge and already be unlikely. They are not adding hours of new content on top of it too. This sounds like pure fanfic.

I expect resolution bumps, 60fps and maybe a bit of improvement on things like textures and the DLC included. Everything else would be amazing, but way too much work imo.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm just wondering what in the hell has taken so long for a ME trilogy? It should have been released 5-6 years ago when everything else was being "remastered"

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
This all would be great, but that's a fucking lot of work. Sounds too much like wish listing for me to even begin to believe it.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
The most I see them doing for these remasters is porting these games to Unreal Engine 4 with improved graphics and ME3's gameplay.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
That's all nice but they say nothing about the multiplayer part of ME3. Is it part of the remaster at all?

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
y'all know it's true and it's coming out on Switch.

Exclusively.

UNPRECEDENTED MEGATON.

giphy.gif

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
The fight with Benezia is one that's done in tight corridors and is infamous for causing problems with getting stuck in the scenery. Why would they move the fight to an open area when they can just fix the problems as they port it?

Another indication that this is little more than a wishlist.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
has shinobi dropped in about all those changes to the first game?

Really curious on this but no way they spent that much time changing it for a remaster.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Changing up the Mako sections of the first game to accommodate planet scanning instead? Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

Funny post though, thank you r/chan

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
This doesn't seem legit and I'd honestly be pretty bummed if it was. Please don't just delete everything out of ME1 because some people dislike it, I hated that they removed the Mako and instead do a weird planet scan mini-game for ME2. Also ME1 combat was janky but had some uniqueness and charm that I enjoyed (being exclusively biotic was an option for one).

Would be an improvement honestly
šŸƒ
....KEEP RUNNING!

Gparan

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Fake as F but still won't play it even if it wasn't, the ending of 3 has retroactively ruined this entire franchise to me.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
I mean the're aware that Andromeda and Anthem have hurt Biowares rep bad. I'm sure they're looking for a way to get that back. Releasing a crappy barebones Mass Effect port won't help with that.

I believe it's possible. They were voted the worst company in the world like 3 years in a row tho.