• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I got to say this... sorry. CDPR has a huge opportunity to overtake the Rockstar popularity here, especially after RDR2. I'm talking about gameplay therms. If Rockstar doesn't step up on the gameplay front, by giving a lot more freedom to the player in a F open world game, I think their are gonna so Fcked... oh boy.

BTW, Rockstar Games is, currently, my favorite studio... ok, Don't quote me lol

Deleted member 52823

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 29, 2019
Bully 2 rumors have quite the history on Wikipedia. Nothing ever materializes.

Not saying this is really that similar, but maybe someday on the Wikipedia page, this will be noted.

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some additional information from another poster on reddit:

've been asked by an inside source not to share this information, but I figured you'd all find out eventually. Might as well be from me. Keep this in your back pocket so one day I can tell you I told you so.
GTA6
The game will take place in North America and South American, currently under the codename "Project Americas", for the next generation systems. It will include 3-4 major cities:
  1. Vice City / Everglades
  2. Havana, Cuba
  3. Somewhere in Panama / Brazil / Columbia -- These parts of the map are still under development.
Vice City will serve as the major focus but we may not start out there. All the cities/islands outside the US will be named by their real names. As far as the map size, I am not sure how much bigger it will be to GTA5, but the map will be very spread out. So it will "feel" bigger. From what I've been told "the cities will have depth as oppose to scale". Meaning more enterable buildings and interactability. And each city will be separated by large distances of water. I'm assuming we'll likely be able to fast travel, but on your own it will take you 10-15 minutes to fly to each city across the map. I thought that was interesting.
The game is in very early stages of development, and not much is known about the story. But it will span over multiple decades (70s, late 80s, and Present day) and will revolve around a drug smuggler named Kacey. There's been a rumor that time will progress through the game as you play it. So each "chapter" will be set in the 70s, or 80s, and as you play through the mission... songs will change, buildings will become closed, cars and characters will decay with time. This was concluded by my source because cars that predate 2000 are being designed in multiple "stages" to mimic the progression of time. And there's A LOT of vehicles being made that predate present day. At the moment, almost 70% are before 2020. 30% are present day.
Weather is being modeling to create category 4-5 hurricanes. Hurricane Heist?
There is a HUGE prison in the game, possibly a variant of Guantanamo Bay. I have zero info on story, but due to the sheer size and interactability, I would expect the prison will play a major chapter in the game. Break out missions?
Drones are being modeled in the game
Yeah that's all I know.
BULLY 2
Bully 2 is the next game. You play as Jimmy Hopkins as a Freshmen, but this time it's in a university next to a large fictional city. The map will be as big as GTAV but the city will have a grittier tone. It will be equally split between three environments (university, city, and woods). Cars will be in the game. plus your leak sounds exactly like this again for gta forums again not saying your not correct your source could just be backing up this story fingers crossed find out next year.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida

LSko4pO.gif

OP has left the chat

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
I know you're not an insider because you called it the Xbox 3.

When my uncle who works at Nintendo told me it I'll be called the Xbox: Next Box Wii 60
There's no way GTAVI gets released in the next 3 or so years. Expect RDR2 to be the game R* tries to entice people to double dip on. GTAVI will be their big next gen game like RDR2 was for this generation.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
BULLY 2
Bully 2 is the next game. You play as Jimmy Hopkins as a Freshmen, but this time it's in a university next to a large fictional city. The map will be as big as GTAV but the city will have a grittier tone. It will be equally split between three environments (university, city, and woods). Cars will be in the game. plus your leak sounds exactly like this again for gta forums again not saying your not correct your source could just be backing up this story fingers crossed find out next year.
laughingshaq.gif

Bro stop PLAYIN

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You fuckers I was ready to believe anything of bully 2 and you had to make it clearly fake with the gta v map thing. I'm dealing with a bunch of amateur fake leakers.

rafiki

Alt account
Banned
May 18, 2019
next gen only? doesn't seem likely. Rockstar aren't going to miss capitalizing on so many devices since the game is in production even before GTA5 was released. Looks fake

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
What?

GTA IV was inspired by the movie 'Behind Enemy Lines'.

Max Payne 3 was inspired by 'Man on Fire'.

GTA V has clear inspiration from 'Heat', with Michael Mann films being generally influential on games the Houser brothers are involved with.

RDR2 has direct visual homages to 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford'.

I'm referring to the rumors claim of heavy inspiration. Like you mention GTA4 and Behind Enemy Lines, but GTA4 isn't actually anything like BEL. The inspiration there that people bring up is that Niko looks like a character in the movie and can buy a tracksuit similar to him. But again, the game itself doesn't have much of anything in common with the movie. It's far different from movie/TV shows that past games have taken heavy inspiration from like VC and SA where you can see the inspiration in those games at every turn.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
When was the last time we had a Rockstar leak that had the kind of information listed in the OP....years before it's officially announced....actually be true? Lmao

Oct 27, 2017
Some of these sound cool but the part about Liberty City being a linear mission makes me think the game will be as restrictive as RDR and GTA5 was which would be an automatic pass for me. Well that and the movement if it is as restrictive and bad as the past games.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
0 chance this is not hitting PS4/XB1, Rockstar ain't stupid

in terms of super major current gen releases i don't think there's any more surprises beyond the current crop (cyberpunk, death stranding, elden ring, ect)

wouldn't completely dismiss GTA6 nudging its way in there as last minute cross gen but it may was well be elder scrolls 6/starfield in this regard. the window as a current gen game is closing pretty fast

Oct 27, 2017
What?

GTA IV was inspired by the movie 'Behind Enemy Lines'.

Max Payne 3 was inspired by 'Man on Fire'.

GTA V has clear inspiration from 'Heat', with Michael Mann films being generally influential on games the Houser brothers are involved with.

RDR2 has direct visual homages to 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford'.
The character of Michael was also very inspired by The Sopranos.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'm referring to the rumors claim of heavy inspiration. Like you mention GTA4 and Behind Enemy Lines, but GTA4 isn't actually anything like BEL. The inspiration there that people bring up is that Niko looks like a character in the movie and can buy a tracksuit similar to him. But again, the game itself doesn't have much of anything in common with the movie. It's far different from movie/TV shows that past games have taken heavy inspiration from like VC and SA where you can see the inspiration in those games at every turn.

I guess you might disagree with what 'heavily inspired' might mean to a leaker, but it could just be an impression. You could look at RDR2 and think 'This is heavily inspired by The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford', but it isn't an adaption. It takes visual and tonal cues from that movie.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ohhhhh, those are all ideas I like.

Another 80's killer soundtrack would be heaven!

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No Elder Scrolls either. Games just take so long to make these days...

I'm pretty sure Skyrim and GTA V will both end up top 10 in lifetime sales on this gen. Not really any reason to release a new one when you can sell that many copies of a port. Plus they both released major entries in their other series this gen with fallout 4 and RDR2.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely sounds plausible at least. Was hoping for a new American city (Chicago or Houston) rather than a return to Liberty/Vice/ Los Santos, but this could still be cool. Guess we'll wait and see if there's any truth to this.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
'Your vintage vehicles increase in value as the chapters progress towards modern day' is exactly the kind of feature I imagine would make a Rockstar boardroom erupt in cheers over the pleas of a game designer talking about ways to refine the core combat.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Given there's no way to judge the veracity of this rumor, we have chosen to lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.