• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
i'll post this again as it was ignored, jason schreier said in his article about the guardians of the galaxy game that from what he heard SE are not planning on greenlighting a sequel:
I understand what you're saying. But that's an old article, so it's possible that things changed.

GinoFelino

Oct 27, 2017
From the looks of it, Cyberpunk will make redundant whatever MD's devs could cook up.

Mankind Divided was one of the most disappointing, unambitious, insultingly mediocre games of this generation.

Thankfully, we'll no longer have to depend on Deus Ex for sci-fi dystopian cyberpunk shenanigans.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
From the looks of it, Cyberpunk will make redundant whatever MD's devs could cook up.

Mankind Divided was one of the most disappointing, unambitious, insultingly mediocre games of this generation.

Thankfully, we'll no longer have to depend on Deus Ex for sci-fi dystopian cyberpunk shenanigans.

Nah, this is hyperbole.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
If only...

But I'm pretty sure EM is working on some Marvel license game I couldn't care less for, instead of more DX.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mankind Divided was not as good as Human Revolution for sure but the hate is a little overblown.

GinoFelino

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, this is hyperbole.
Hey man, I'm glad you, apparently, liked it more than I did.

I legitimately, strongly disliked nearly everything about it except that one little market area that showed up in the fancy screenshots.

I'm a huge fan of the original, and Mankind Divided, to me, was a failure not only by those high standards, but the standards of what I consider to be a well-designed, good video game. Not to mention the performance on console was god-awful.

But again, to each their own man.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
11731478.jpg

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Read through his leak and what he was saying didnt seem that outrageous. It seems more belivable than most leaks ive seen recently, especially from that site. He seemed to know lots about avengers. Hope he's right about tomb raider not being dead. Those new games have been some of my favorites this generation

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Would love for it to be true, but I still kind of doubt it considering how Mankind Divided undersold. Would not be surprised if they shelved this franchise for a bit.

That being said, I really wish Human Revolution got a remaster this gen.

OP
OP
Fiery Phoenix

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
i'll post this again as it was ignored, jason schreier said in his article about the guardians of the galaxy game that from what he heard SE are not planning on greenlighting a sequel:
Like others have said, you're referencing a years-old article. Things could have easily changed since then.

Who is even working on it?
Eidos? Not sure why it wouldn't be them. They're a huge studio.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Yes it is a finished game. Very much so. It just ends on a cliffhanger like the first one did, and people whined about that.
It bums me out that people see it as incomplete. I thought the sequel hook was very exciting and interesting. And the game certainly never felt rushed to me. It felt like it told the part of the story the team wanted it to tell very well, and it was really polished.

It sucks that the "it wasn't finished" narrative drove so many people away from it and against it. It was a solid game.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please let it be more like the original if true. I want a skill system back on top of augments.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
You really want to believe a guy who created his reddit account 1 day ago and first post is FF8 and FF9 remakes are now in development?

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Although this is the best video game rumor in...like...a thousand years, I don't believe it's true, because who'd be working on that?

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Square seemed reeeeeaally disappointed in Mankind Divided's sales, so this would be weird, but maybe they're hoping to ride Cyberpunk's coattails to some extent?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
It bums me out that people see it as incomplete. I thought the sequel hook was very exciting and interesting. And the game certainly never felt rushed to me. It felt like it told the part of the story the team wanted it to tell very well, and it was really polished.

It sucks that the "it wasn't finished" narrative drove so many people away from it and against it. It was a solid game.

It is insane how much outrage there was for this. People really wanted the story to end. Why?! Let it continue, so we get more games.

Mankind Divided gave us a fascinating depiction of discrimination, of things that may come.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
So for fun, I compiled what the redditor said:

AVENGERS
- Yes, DLC through its span. Marvel Entertainment wants this to be there GTA, a long term game that has plenty of DLC: including Skins, new mission arcs and characters.
- Free DLC but Square is thinking about selling bigger expansions
- Linear missions in the style of jedi fallen order. A bit bigger with more depth like: In New York you can go inside a Pizza shop.
- HYDRA plays a big part, but many consists of villains we have seen in the MCU.
No, think about it as a different universe or world like CW's The Flash
Yes many mission arc takes place in Wakanda and throughout the game you will explore New York, Stark Industries, Pier 13, hydra research base, forests of asgard to name a few.
- Yes a mission arc takes place in Wakanda and throughout the game you will explore New York, Stark Industries, Pier 13, hydra research base, forests of asgard to name a few.
- Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Loki are playable
- The campaign is 100% single-player. However, there are side quests that will be co-op but only for online multiplayer. So, no - there's no local/split screen co-op.
- FPS in is a solid 60 but can dip from time to time for PS4 (FAT), Slim and Pro. Not so good on the orginal Xbox one but amazing on the Xbox One X.
- Combat system has not been full shown yet plans for a more depth announcement are coming soon, but I can assure you that vast and have more than the recent Tomb Raider game.
- The Mission structure is like Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. You can select different missions since each mission is massive in scale because of the warzone mode for multiplayer.
- Future news coming in june or july
- No sequel planned

BABYLON'S FALL
- How big of a game is Babylon's Fall? Nier Automata but x1.5 not a noticeable difference

DEUS EX
- Soft-reboot
- Announced soon for XsX/PS5/PC
- Deus Ex will return back for the next gen, Square Enix has been working on a sequel to Mankind Dividend

FINAL FANTASY VIII / IX REMAKE
- Sources in Square Enix are telling me that they are in early development of remaking 8 and 9 for the PS5. If final fantasy 7 performs well with critics and sales.
- Early discussion of remaking both FF8 and FF9 are underway, both are in the concept stage
- Source is a game designer who worked on final fantasy 7 for about 6 years and has told me everything from new bosses to new missions.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE
- Exactly as listed below, the full release of the game including all the chapters and additional features will be wrapped within 2 years.
- Yes, the last two chapters are the biggest headache for square enix since both chapters are still 65% complete
- The PC version of final fantasy 7 is underway and should arrive within 1 or 2 years for those interested in buying it for pc.
- Source told me nothing about an xbox version, sorry.

FINAL FANTASY XVI
- Final Fantasy XVI will be coming out for next gen consoles and most likely a year after on PC. Square Enix will continue to receive games after the console version. Not sure but nothing is impossible.
-Luminous Studio game is F16: However, my other guess is that the longer the game goes unannounced, there's a higher probability that it actually is FFXVI. SE execs won't let it get announced before FF7R release for fear of kneecapping that game's sales performance. A spinoff/new IP likely would have been announced earlier, unless Yoshi-P convinced the higher-ups (or well, he IS one of the higher-ups now) to let him actually announce the game when it's already a good way through development, to avoid all the debacles earlier this decade.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
- Comedy style but in some tone as avengers
- Same universe as Avengers
- Development has started but will not be announced till all additional content for Marvel's Avengers has been realised. What I know so far can be changed since Marvel Entertainment are constantly changing their minds on ideas.
- Genre: Third Person Shooter / Action-RPG / Adventure
- 5 playable characters, the main cast of the movies: Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket Raccoon. The player could change the control between them, while the others remain controlled by the IA.
- Co-op up to 5 players or less, depending on the mission, each player controlling a Guardian. There will be missions where we play solo, and others will require or recommend another character, or two, or three, or the whole team. Although all missions can be played alone, with a higher difficulty of course.
- Each character's gameplay would be different. Star-Lord is balanced, has high mobility and is an expert with guns. Gamora is agile and fast, slicing the enemies easily. Drax is a brawler, slow but highly durable and perfect for close combat. Groot is even slower, but very long-range focused, extending his arms/legs to attack; and finally, Rocket is a war machine, capable of using a lot of weapons, but practically useless for close combat.
- Aboard of the Milano, Quill has to gain his tripulation's loyalty and trust, unlocking bonuses, special skills and team attacks with each one. As well as improve the ship.
- Other characters aboard would be Mantis, Bug, Adam Warlock, Cosmo and Moon Dragon. Not playable, let's save them for a sequel.
- Dialogue System like in Mass Effect or The Witcher 3. Trust is gained by talking to your team, respecting and recognizing their work, finding out his motivations, etc.
- Loyalty is gained in the battlefield. By interacting, helping, healing and supporting your teammate/s.
- We could give specific orders during the missions. For example: Attack/Defend/Capture an objective, take cover, stay on your site, concentrate fire.
- Missions would take place on different planets of the Marvel Universe, with their own species and races. Skrulls, Krees, Broods, Badoons, Shi'ar, Inhumans, Chitauri, etc.

JUST CAUSE 5
- Square has been trying to lift it but in development affairs are happening so it might delay the game unfortunately

KINGDOM HEARTS
- No Switch port of 1.5+2.5: No most of the team are working on the new kingdom hearts game and any a small portion are working on port to Xbox One not sure about the switch.
- Not coming on PC
- New KH is Yoshi-P project
- Verum Rex is not a thing

NIER
- Right now, early development for a NieR Automata sequel has been greenlit but I don't see it releasing anytime soon since its in the 'pitch' stage.
- Multiplatform
- Yes same great team I love those guys, Square Enix are planning to add more people for the sequel since they want it go beyond the first one.

OUTRIDERS
- Outriders was once a sequel to bulletstorm but was then scrapped and repurposed to what it is now. A fun shoot em up bulletstorm style, everything you like from bulletstorm but 0 to 100 in scale. Fun game from what I heard from play testers.
THIEF
- Coming back soon

SLEEPING DOGS
- Definitely not dead, many ideas are floating around but nothing is in development just pitches
- A sequel to sleeping dogs was at one point a thing but because the developer United Front was shut down it was canned. Square Enix has heared pitches but none of them where picked up.

TOMB RAIDER
- Sequel of Shadow
- Continuation since the others did so well both commercially and critically Square doesn't want to mess up
- Development has started since Shadow was realised, but is on hold since Marvel's Avengers is nearing realise and they want the game to be as polished as possible. Most likely production will begin again, sometime in October for a announcement for PS5, Xbox Series X and PC next year E3.

MISCELLANEOUS
- No chance of remakes and/or new entries for Gex, Parasite Eve, or Legacy of Kain: Sorry no unfortunately, Square wants to focus on IPs that are making the most profit.
- Several RPG Games, and dozens of indie games are currently in the greenlit stage
- Chrono serie is still deade

NEXT GEN CONSOLES
- PS5 runs better only because of the gpu but graphics wise both console are the same no noticeable difference. Xbox Series X has great airflow so it over heats less than the PS5.
- PS5 announcement in february

After reading this, do you really think it's NOT bullshit?

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
"Sequel"...considering how Mankind Divided ended, I'd say more Square is developing the conclusion of the game, the second part of it.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
So for fun, I compiled what the redditor said:

AVENGERS
- Yes, DLC through its span. Marvel Entertainment wants this to be there GTA, a long term game that has plenty of DLC: including Skins, new mission arcs and characters.
- Free DLC but Square is thinking about selling bigger expansions
- Linear missions in the style of jedi fallen order. A bit bigger with more depth like: In New York you can go inside a Pizza shop.
- HYDRA plays a big part, but many consists of villains we have seen in the MCU.
No, think about it as a different universe or world like CW's The Flash
Yes many mission arc takes place in Wakanda and throughout the game you will explore New York, Stark Industries, Pier 13, hydra research base, forests of asgard to name a few.
- Yes a mission arc takes place in Wakanda and throughout the game you will explore New York, Stark Industries, Pier 13, hydra research base, forests of asgard to name a few.
- Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Loki are playable
- The campaign is 100% single-player. However, there are side quests that will be co-op but only for online multiplayer. So, no - there's no local/split screen co-op.
- FPS in is a solid 60 but can dip from time to time for PS4 (FAT), Slim and Pro. Not so good on the orginal Xbox one but amazing on the Xbox One X.
- Combat system has not been full shown yet plans for a more depth announcement are coming soon, but I can assure you that vast and have more than the recent Tomb Raider game.
- The Mission structure is like Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. You can select different missions since each mission is massive in scale because of the warzone mode for multiplayer.
- Future news coming in june or july
- No sequel planned

BABYLON'S FALL
- How big of a game is Babylon's Fall? Nier Automata but x1.5 not a noticeable difference

DEUS EX
- Soft-reboot
- Announced soon for XsX/PS5/PC
- Deus Ex will return back for the next gen, Square Enix has been working on a sequel to Mankind Dividend

FINAL FANTASY VIII / IX REMAKE
- Sources in Square Enix are telling me that they are in early development of remaking 8 and 9 for the PS5. If final fantasy 7 performs well with critics and sales.
- Early discussion of remaking both FF8 and FF9 are underway, both are in the concept stage
- Source is a game designer who worked on final fantasy 7 for about 6 years and has told me everything from new bosses to new missions.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE
- Exactly as listed below, the full release of the game including all the chapters and additional features will be wrapped within 2 years.
- Yes, the last two chapters are the biggest headache for square enix since both chapters are still 65% complete
- The PC version of final fantasy 7 is underway and should arrive within 1 or 2 years for those interested in buying it for pc.
- Source told me nothing about an xbox version, sorry.

FINAL FANTASY XVI
- Final Fantasy XVI will be coming out for next gen consoles and most likely a year after on PC. Square Enix will continue to receive games after the console version. Not sure but nothing is impossible.
-Luminous Studio game is F16: However, my other guess is that the longer the game goes unannounced, there's a higher probability that it actually is FFXVI. SE execs won't let it get announced before FF7R release for fear of kneecapping that game's sales performance. A spinoff/new IP likely would have been announced earlier, unless Yoshi-P convinced the higher-ups (or well, he IS one of the higher-ups now) to let him actually announce the game when it's already a good way through development, to avoid all the debacles earlier this decade.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
- Comedy style but in some tone as avengers
- Same universe as Avengers
- Development has started but will not be announced till all additional content for Marvel's Avengers has been realised. What I know so far can be changed since Marvel Entertainment are constantly changing their minds on ideas.
- Genre: Third Person Shooter / Action-RPG / Adventure
- 5 playable characters, the main cast of the movies: Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket Raccoon. The player could change the control between them, while the others remain controlled by the IA.
- Co-op up to 5 players or less, depending on the mission, each player controlling a Guardian. There will be missions where we play solo, and others will require or recommend another character, or two, or three, or the whole team. Although all missions can be played alone, with a higher difficulty of course.
- Each character's gameplay would be different. Star-Lord is balanced, has high mobility and is an expert with guns. Gamora is agile and fast, slicing the enemies easily. Drax is a brawler, slow but highly durable and perfect for close combat. Groot is even slower, but very long-range focused, extending his arms/legs to attack; and finally, Rocket is a war machine, capable of using a lot of weapons, but practically useless for close combat.
- Aboard of the Milano, Quill has to gain his tripulation's loyalty and trust, unlocking bonuses, special skills and team attacks with each one. As well as improve the ship.
- Other characters aboard would be Mantis, Bug, Adam Warlock, Cosmo and Moon Dragon. Not playable, let's save them for a sequel.
- Dialogue System like in Mass Effect or The Witcher 3. Trust is gained by talking to your team, respecting and recognizing their work, finding out his motivations, etc.
- Loyalty is gained in the battlefield. By interacting, helping, healing and supporting your teammate/s.
- We could give specific orders during the missions. For example: Attack/Defend/Capture an objective, take cover, stay on your site, concentrate fire.
- Missions would take place on different planets of the Marvel Universe, with their own species and races. Skrulls, Krees, Broods, Badoons, Shi'ar, Inhumans, Chitauri, etc.

JUST CAUSE 5
- Square has been trying to lift it but in development affairs are happening so it might delay the game unfortunately

KINGDOM HEARTS
- No Switch port of 1.5+2.5: No most of the team are working on the new kingdom hearts game and any a small portion are working on port to Xbox One not sure about the switch.
- Not coming on PC
- New KH is Yoshi-P project
- Verum Rex is not a thing

NIER
- Right now, early development for a NieR Automata sequel has been greenlit but I don't see it releasing anytime soon since its in the 'pitch' stage.
- Multiplatform
- Yes same great team I love those guys, Square Enix are planning to add more people for the sequel since they want it go beyond the first one.

OUTRIDERS
- Outriders was once a sequel to bulletstorm but was then scrapped and repurposed to what it is now. A fun shoot em up bulletstorm style, everything you like from bulletstorm but 0 to 100 in scale. Fun game from what I heard from play testers.
THIEF
- Coming back soon

SLEEPING DOGS
- Definitely not dead, many ideas are floating around but nothing is in development just pitches
- A sequel to sleeping dogs was at one point a thing but because the developer United Front was shut down it was canned. Square Enix has heared pitches but none of them where picked up.

TOMB RAIDER
- Sequel of Shadow
- Continuation since the others did so well both commercially and critically Square doesn't want to mess up
- Development has started since Shadow was realised, but is on hold since Marvel's Avengers is nearing realise and they want the game to be as polished as possible. Most likely production will begin again, sometime in October for a announcement for PS5, Xbox Series X and PC next year E3.

MISCELLANEOUS
- No chance of remakes and/or new entries for Gex, Parasite Eve, or Legacy of Kain: Sorry no unfortunately, Square wants to focus on IPs that are making the most profit.
- Several RPG Games, and dozens of indie games are currently in the greenlit stage
- Chrono serie is still deade

NEXT GEN CONSOLES
- PS5 runs better only because of the gpu but graphics wise both console are the same no noticeable difference. Xbox Series X has great airflow so it over heats less than the PS5.
- PS5 announcement in february

After reading this, do you really think it's NOT bullshit?
Ok yeah it's full on bullshit then.
Not only having too many details for way too many games, but some of those details are really ridiculous lol.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

I have serious doubts about Cyberpunk filling in the niche for immersive sims

We just need a good sequel.

Dec 2, 2017
Wasn't Mankind Divided not even a finished game? Never played it but remember hearing the game seemed rushed.

I've heard this too, but didn't think so at all when I played it. The game has a very clear story arc which completes itself. It took about 40 hours to clear. In a world of 8 hour AAA campaigns, there was nothing about it that felt like it was shorting the player.

It does introduce larger villains behind the actions (lamely named "The Illuminati") who Jensen never goes up against. But that just felt like they were setting up a sequel, rather than the game not being done.

Personally I loved it, thought it was better paced than Human Revolution, and bought all the dlc. I'd be super happy if they followed up on it. Jensen is one of the coolest characters in gaming, and the voice actor is really into the part & wants to keep doing it, despite being a successful actor and the demands of voicing a whole game being an inconvenience.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017

Cyberpunk is a more traditional RPG and not an immersive sim, they're very different. It's like comparing Thief to Assassin's Creed.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, nah.

Soft reboot after two games, the second one not even having a proper ending to many of its archs.

Makes zero sense. But then again, it's Sqenix / Eidos, so yeah..

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
Yes it is a finished game. Very much so. It just ends on a cliffhanger like the first one did, and people whined about that.
I loved it, and certainly agree that the reaction was overblown. But I have to say that the way the said cliffhanger happened did feel to abrupt and, possibly, could have been handled better. But it surely doesn't make the whole game somehow unfinished.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Given there's only 2 Eidos studios to go around (Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal), the idea that we're gonna have 5 games developed simultaneously (DX, Tomb Raider, Thief, and 2 Marvel properties that are co-op focused and thus totally different from anything else) is pretty hard to believe, yeah.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
With this being a reddit rumor and the abysmal sales of Mankind Divided the possibilities of this being true are very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.