• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Real?

• Yeah.

Votes: 606 49.1%
  • Nah.

Votes: 370 30.0%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 257 20.8%

• Total voters

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Definitely a Dev machine, a lot of QA and development are being done from home and this is likely from a package for that. It's 100% without a doubt real.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
The boot time isn't that bad if it's a dev unit and/or booting up from a powered down state instead of standby. Could still be a fake.

Dude said he had 5 minutes of footage.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Kena developers said 2 seconds from cold boot to game
Someone is fibbing
Yeah, your memory
The information comes courtesy of Game Informer magazine: "In practice, we watched as Kena: Bridge of Spirits was launched from the PS5 system menu," the publication reports. "It took about two seconds.
www.pushsquare.com

Kena: Bridge of Spirits Takes Two Seconds to Boot on PS5

About as long as it takes to read this sentence

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
We're really starting to talk about disappointing start up times when we don't even know if this is an old devkit or anything?

But Sony really needs to come out and do something now. At least be in control of your own narratives.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
can we get a spoiler tag in the thread title? fuck. the startup of a fresh console is a HUGE moment among gamers and it absolutyle sucks that this leaked so unceremoniously. i feel so bad for sony right now.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
It's the same boring iPhone-style silent white logo on black screen we already got on PS4 and even on Switch, bummer.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
it's funny that you can clearly see how long the whole video is and that he was just sent the first 20 seconds. probably wants him to pay even more for the rest.

svnty6rs3

May 13, 2020
If this is real. What a failure by Sony to hold off on showing this so long that it now gets leaked in parts and you can't control the narrative and explain things well. Very stupid of them.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Wow at 100 euros. Thanks for taking one for the world. Sony might as well show us the entire thing. I was expecting a faster boot up. Perhaps this is from a cold boot (hopefully).

Oct 25, 2017
If it is real, it's a tiny bit longer than the Series X from cold boot, which seems strange?

Not really, when if the PS5 SSD is a lot faster, if the Series X's OS is lighter or better designed, it could still boot faster than the PS5.

People are drowning in a glass of water here, that seemed plenty fast to me. Definitely a lot faster than what we have now.

Reaper55

Oct 25, 2017
Fake - controller is lit blue before it's turned on. Also they stopped epilepsy warning messages everytime. It's a message now hidden in the settings.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
This is probably a cold boot since it's asking for a profile. On PS4 when you turn on the console from stand by it goes directly to the last profile active.

It's also showing health warning which only shows from cold boot on PS4.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Wish Sony themselves would show anything. The more that's "leaked" of this bad boy the more I swerve into meh territory and wanna cancel. I know that shouldn't be based on a UI but the fact it ends at the login, took so long, and the intro just being the most boring basic shit ever has me feeling meh