• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's about time. An online friend was trying to say that doing so is a mistake as it forces them to hide, but myself and a few other online friends explained to him that if they are out in the open and in the mainstream they can easily corrupt and turn naive or ignorant people to their way of thinking.

Damien469

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
It's about time. An online friend was trying to say that doing so is a mistake as it forces them to hide, but myself and a few other online friends explained to him that if they are out in the open and in the mainstream they can easily corrupt and turn naive or ignorant people to their way of thinking.
If they're hiding in the shadows, then we'd never know there was a problem until it was too late. *looks at Trump*

Either way, it's good to disrupt their communications, I agree that it's apt to give them no platforms to spread their hate speech on

Pencil Head

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Except that it is??

Trump is the closest thing America has had to a Nazi in the White House (and hopefully the last), and to support him is to support white nationalism. That's LITERALLY how he got elected, a bunch of ignorant dirt farmers decided that being gay wasn't okay and voted him in, thanks to Russian interference
If Bernie had been elected, it would have been the closest thing to a communist that the country would have ever had as a president. What's your point? If someone had tried making that complaint about Bernie during the election, I would have ridiculed them to no end. You seem to be operating under the assumption that being "in the direction" of one political extreme means they ARE the political extreme.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, they haven't showed me anything of the sort, if that's the case.

Having a cringey worship meetup about Trump isn't white nationalist.
You have not shown any respect in what we are talking about.
Could be just overly paranoid with white persecution or whatever. Still, they haven't really showed me yet that they are hateful and want minorities dead.
You say "white persecution" to me, then:
Having a cringey worship meetup about Trump isn't white nationalist.
So which is it?

Just because they were there doesn't mean that they're in the same page. Again, with the analogy I just gave you about being the in the same party as a murderer, it fits.
Again I pointed out the flaws in your analogy. Are you joining up with Nazis to protest "white persecution"? Why do you keep insisting that it fits?

What? From what I saw, t_d isn't the type to commit "genocide", just teenagers posting crappy memes. As for the event, they already disavowed nazis and weren't there to fight. They just protest or whatever was going on in Charlottesville. Again, not seeing where you are getting these connections.
You base who "the types" are to commit genocide by internet posts? No they aren't all teenagers unless you have accurate sourced data proving otherwise. Also they post racist crappy memes. Yes they were there to fight, they stood with Nazis. If you disavow something and yet still stand with them you are a massive hypocrite.

Not really. If you're just there to protest and have discussions, than a murder happened. You're not involved in any way other than you being there, is how I see it.
No you were not there just to protest and have discussions. You went there with Nazis. Nazis who were armed like in other previous engagements. You are involved the minute you stood with Nazis. Take some responsibility for your actions. That's not just how I see it, that's how it is.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they're hiding in the shadows, then we'd never know there was a problem until it was too late. *looks at Trump*

Either way, it's good to disrupt their communications, I agree that it's apt to give them no platforms to spread their hate speech on
The sad and scary thing is they have always been in the shadows, the 1981 song Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider deals exactly with this subject as the songwriter Tom Cochrane noticed a rise in anti-semitism in the 70's.

Damien469

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
If Bernie had been elected, it would have been the closest thing to a communist that the country would have ever had as a president. What's your point? If someone had tried making that complaint about Bernie during the election, I would have ridiculed them to no end. You seem to be operating under the assumption that being "in the direction" of one political extreme means they ARE the political extreme.
Bernie or Hillary both seem like infinitely better candidates at this point. Trump should have just kept his orange tanned ass in NY where he belongs, not at the helm of the country.
And ridicule can only go so far. Trump was SLAMMED by every single news outlet. And yet, here we are

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Banning hate speech works. Same goes for conspiracy trash, it may seem harmless but then you have shit like pizzagate and the nutjobs trying to tamper with the las vegas shooting scene because surely the government are covering up some muslim stuff, because they have to be right ?

Too little too late from reddit anyway.

Damien469

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
Banning hate speech works. Same goes for conspiracy trash, it may seem harmless but then you have shit like pizzagate and the nutjobs trying to tamper with the las vegas shooting scene because surely the government are covering up some muslim stuff, because they have to be right ?

Too little too late from reddit anyway.
What's pizzagate?

Pencil Head

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie or Hillary both seem like infinitely better candidates at this point. Trump should have just kept his orange tanned ass in NY where he belongs, not at the helm of the country.

I'm not debating Trump's skill as a leader or president, I'm debating the assertion that because he is more Authoritarian than you have seen in a president before that he is a Nazi.
And ridicule can only go so far. Trump was SLAMMED by every single news outlet. And yet, here we are
Maybe we should have banked on something other than laugh at a man for being orange to secure the presidency.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not debating Trump's skill as a leader or president, I'm debating the assertion that because he is more Authoritarian than you have seen in a president before that he is a Nazi.

Maybe we should have banked on something other than laugh at a man for being orange to secure the presidency.

He has Mein Kampf on the bedside table. That's quite the giveaway tbh.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ignorance is bliss man. Around the election, people accused Hillary/Podesta of sponsoring a pedo ring at a pizza place. Doxxing and shit ensued, some people showed up with a gun to "get to the truth". Tons of articles covering it, fucking shame what happened, and you can pretty much thank the donald for it.

Chamomile

Oct 25, 2017

Perhaps the onus of the election should be directed towards those that actually fell for Trump's lies and hateful rhetoric. Offering education and an accessible platform only do so much when the actual bases won't listen.

Damien469

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne

Sure, we have Trump today, and it sucks. But what about next election cycle when people are too afraid to vote? What if we get someone even worse? It's a slippery slope and before you know it, we'll have actual Nazis in the white house, and being open about it.

And what about the shit they were doing when voting was open? How about the whole "requiring federal ID to vote"? I'm glad it's on a state-by-state basis. Otherwise they'd push for it in every state, and that's a deeply flawed system. Just because someone doesn't have ID, they suddenly don't have a voice in how it runs, even if they pay taxes? What about the illegals who lived in the country for over a decade?

He has Mein Kampf on the bedside table. That's quite the giveaway tbh.
Too late, we have Nazis. We should just round up all the T_D supporters and get rid of them, somehow.

Pencil Head

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps the onus of the election should be directed towards those that actually fell for Trump's lies and hateful rhetoric. Offering education and an accessible platform only do so much when the actual bases won't listen.
The bases listened. The issue was the right wing literally doesn't give a shit about any sort of LGBT issues, so nothing he said would dissuade them for voting for him. And then the left listened to all that ridicule that was mentioned, and thought the election was in the bag. Democrats didn't turn up at the polls because no one cared enough to go. People were so sure of the win, they didn't bother to go, because as far as we were concerned, Trump was a complete laughing stock of a candidate with no discernible chance. We spent all that time high-fiving ourselves about how we were going to get another democratic president after Obama that we forgot to actually go and vote.

Oct 25, 2017

Oh god no we wouldn't accuse Trump of being a nazi just because he is authoritarian. Instead it would be because:

- He took 72 hours to condemn neonazis after they committed a terrorist attack, only to later say in a press conference that "some of them were nice people"
- He claimed that a judge couldn't be fit to look over a case involving him due to his Mexican heritage
- He ran his campaign on the promise of issuing an unconstitutional Muslim ban, then within a week of taking office attempted that Muslim ban unconstitutionally
- Claims from multiple sources that he made racist comments in outtakes of "The Apprentice"
- His whole dumb obsession with claiming that the first black president wasn't born in the US, which he didn't even drop after Obama showed the long form to everyone in 2011.
- His campaign making blatant appeals to the Alt-Right
- His business's history of discrimination practices
- The fact that he still insists the Central Park 5 are guilty, even though they were exonerated by DNA evidence

Just off the top of my head.

werebear230

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, great. You deleted an internet forum. When are you going to delete the actual nazis on actual streets? I'm getting tired of seeing these ass-scarves on the news every day. Something has to be done.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Semantics about whether or not trump is a true nazi don't matter for shit, nazis are now seen as okay in society and that's the real issue here.
Mourning over the election won't change shit, nazis are marching in the streets and somehow some people think it's fine, including the president, this is the real issue.

Chamomile

Oct 25, 2017
The bases listened. The issue was the right wing literally doesn't give a shit about any sort of LGBT issues, so nothing he said would dissuade them for voting for him. And then the left listened to all that ridicule that was mentioned, and thought the election was in the bag. Democrats didn't turn up at the polls because no one cared enough to go. People were so sure of the win, they didn't bother to go, because as far as we were concerned, Trump was a complete laughing stock of a candidate with no discernible chance. We spent all that time high-fiving ourselves about how we were going to get another democratic president after Obama that we forgot to actually go and vote.
As someone that actively volunteers to register demographics that lean Democratic, voter complacency and negligence is absolutely to blame for a lot of the issues this country has in terms of voter turnout. I agree with your premise that the voters themselves need to be held accountable for complacency in key battleground states. However, we should not shift blame towards the messages and platform of the Democratic party as a whole, because its party platform was the most progressive platform conceived, ever, last year. Perhaps the messaging of the party should go towards getting people to actually vote and register to vote.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, great. You deleted an internet forum. When are you going to delete the actual nazis on actual streets? I'm getting tired of seeing these ass-scarves on the news every day. Something has to be done.
Well these web forums are a gateway into that community and some may eventually become Nazis. This is one small step to curbing their numbers. Hopefully they'll one day be a passing oddity in the USA and other countries.

Damien469

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
Oh god no we wouldn't accuse Trump of being a nazi just because he is authoritarian. Instead it would be because:

- He took 72 hours to condemn neonazis after they committed a terrorist attack, only to later say in a press conference that "some of them were nice people"
- He claimed that a judge couldn't be fit to look over a case involving him due to his Mexican heritage
- He ran his campaign on the promise of issuing an unconstitutional Muslim ban, then within a week of taking office attempted that Muslim ban unconstitutionally
- Claims from multiple sources that he made racist comments in outtakes of "The Apprentice"
- His whole dumb obsession with claiming that the first black president wasn't born in the US, which he didn't even drop after Obama showed the long form to everyone in 2011.
- His campaign making blatant appeals to the Alt-Right
- His business's history of discrimination practices
- The fact that he still insists the Central Park 5 are guilty, even though they were exonerated by DNA evidence

Just off the top of my head.
The two points I bolded are actually somewhat debateable. Not that I am supporting Trump, but the system that he's abusing makes it legally okay. Even though he's a complete asshole, he does, unfortunately, get right to a fair trial. And in this case, a Muslim or a Mexican or an illegal immigrant would have a (rightful) bias against the bullshit he's spewing into law, and in this case, they would have a conflict of interest. I am absolutely okay with passing it to an unbiased person, because our great law system doesn't deserve to be tarnished by Mr. Orange.

As for the constitutionality, executive orders are basically a silver bullet that let's the president do anything, as long as it doesn't get him impeached.

The most ridiculous part? Antifa looked like it was a group that was about to get shit done ... and then they were labeled as a domestic terrorist group, making it illegal for them to exist. What the FUCK. They were just protestors?
What a joke of a police state.

Pencil Head

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
However, we should not shift blame towards the messages and platform of the Democratic party as a whole, because its party platform was the most progressive platform conceived, ever, last year. Perhaps the messaging of the party should go towards getting people to actually vote and register to vote.
Saying this as a 27 year old lesbian, why should I give a crap how progressive we said we were if nothing got done? Basing a platform around complete equality for the LGBTQ+ community and our support for immigrants and all that would be great, but it doesn't amount to shit if you don't get into office to do something.

werebear230

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well these web forums are a gateway into that community and some may eventually become Nazis. This is one small step to curbing their numbers. Hopefully they'll one day be a passing oddity in the USA and other countries.
We're fighting genocidal terrorists by tearing up their pamphlets. They're murdering people in cars and getting nazi sympathizers elected into the White House, and we're celebrating a subreddit getting banned.

Chamomile

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they were. The internet allowing Nazis and similar alt-right ideologies a platform through unmoderated social media really allowed their views to spread unprecedented. For every post that a nerdy White cisgendered/able-bodied/straight male creates after feeling victimized on a micro level, it allows the alt-right to systematic target its messages to appeal to those types of people. We need to start ensuring that the right messages are pronounced, because hateful rhetoric goes nowhere.

Damien469

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
We're fighting genocidal terrorists by tearing up their pamphlets. They're murdering people in cars and getting nazi sympathizers elected into the White House, and we're celebrating a subreddit getting banned.
Good thing the second amendment exists.

I wish it didn't, but if I had to protect my family from Nazis, I'd be glad I got to keep my guns.

Damien469

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
I mean, they were. The internet allowing Nazis and similar alt-right ideologies a platform through unmoderated social media really allowed their views to spread unprecedented. For every post that a nerdy White cisgendered/able-bodied/straight male creates after feeling victimized on a micro level, it allows the alt-right to systematic target its messages to appeal to those types of people. We need to start ensuring that the right messages are pronounced, because hateful rhetoric goes nowhere.
I doubt they'd be nerdy if they were also able-bodied. If they had to get out of their basements for five minutes, I bet they'd break down crying from direct sunlight, lol.
On the other hand, look at the demographics of the US over the last decade. Noticeably less white. In fact, states like Texas, whites are poised to become a minority. We're winning against bigotry[/i/], slowly but surely.

Oct 25, 2017
The two points I bolded are actually somewhat debateable. Not that I am supporting Trump, but the system that he's abusing makes it legally okay. Even though he's a complete asshole, he does, unfortunately, get right to a fair trial. And in this case, a Muslim or a Mexican or an illegal immigrant would have a (rightful) bias against the bullshit he's spewing into law, and in this case, they would have a conflict of interest. I am absolutely okay with passing it to an unbiased person, because our great law system doesn't deserve to be tarnished by Mr. Orange.

As for the constitutionality, executive orders are basically a silver bullet that let's the president do anything, as long as it doesn't get him impeached.

His first attempt at a Muslim ban was so blatantly unconstitutional that rather than have the DoJ appeal the lower courts' rulings they instead just attempted to draft a second version. Even SCOTUS made it very clear in a 6-3 standing that Trump's EO's were in violation of the first amendment's ban on religious tests on US Persons.

And the idea that someone could demand a judge be dismissed from a case on the basis of their ethnic heritage is something that would get dismissed easily by higher courts.

Biggui4yew

Permanently banned for using a prohibited email.
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You have not shown any respect in what we are talking about.

You say "white persecution" to me, then:

So which is it?
I don't know, you keep bringing up that a bunch of teenagers from reddit are somehow white supremacists. You see, I support BLM. I want to end BLACKED persecution by cops ever since Treyvon Martin incident. However, even if these suppose weirdos from reddit want to do something similar, why is that bad? Please explain to me. Bonus points if you can exclude Nazi germany.

Again I pointed out the flaws in your analogy. Are you joining up with Nazis to protest "white persecution"? Why do you keep insisting that it fits
You didn't really point out. You basically said "if you go to a place where nazis are, you're a nazi by default". Which is untrue. For example, when I go to a local gym, I have to deal with frat boys stinking up the place and talking about misogynistic things out loud..I have to train with these guys...yet I'm not that...If your logic I would be considered a misogynistic frat boy, but I respect women and fight for their right to gain equal pay and respect.

You base who "the types" are to commit genocide by internet posts? No they aren't all teenagers unless you have accurate sourced data proving otherwise. Also they post racist crappy memes. Yes they were there to fight, they stood with Nazis. If you disavow something and yet still stand with them you are a massive hypocrite.
Hold on, I'm not following...They already disavowed with nazis already before the event...How are they standing with Nazis? They could have just had their own little idiot club of their trump worship and not see a nazi anywhere. Unless you have proof of them meeting up and planning something.

No you were not there just to protest and have discussions. You went there with Nazis. Nazis who were armed like in other previous engagements. You are involved the minute you stood with Nazis. Take some responsibility for your actions. That's not just how I see it, that's how it is.
Again, you can't take responsibility for something if you didn't do it. The website archive showed that they disavowed right before the event, and no known trump supporters(as far as I know) killed any person there.

werebear230

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I wish it didn't, but if I had to protect my family from Nazis, I'd be glad I got to keep my guns.
After comfortably living my entire life never wanting or needing a firearm, I have finally broken and purchased one. As nervous as the idea of a weapon like that existing in my house makes me, the literal neonazis roaming our streets in broad daylight scares me even more. What has two thumbs and a fascist stopper?

Biggui4yew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Except that it is??

Trump is the closest thing America has had to a Nazi in the White House (and hopefully the last), and to support him is to support white nationalism. That's LITERALLY how he got elected, a bunch of ignorant dirt farmers decided that being gay wasn't okay and voted him in, thanks to Russian interference
As much as I hate trump, I don't really agree at all. This policies are dumb(because he is dumb), but he isn't no Hitler.
As for the Russian investigation, what happened to that? I feel like it just disappeared....

Chamomile

Oct 25, 2017
Saying this as a 27 year old lesbian, why should I give a crap how progressive we said we were if nothing got done? Basing a platform around complete equality for the LGBTQ+ community and our support for immigrants and all that would be great, but it doesn't amount to shit if you don't get into office to do something.
Historically, Democrats have done more for LGBT+ visibility and minority relations in comparison to conservative parties. In my state, alone, a bill pushed by Democrats required foster parents to accept training that helps them efficiently understand the plight of their LGBT+ identifying foster child. The Republicans, of course, vehemently opposed this measure. Further, Democrats recently introduced a constitutional amendment within my state that forces the state to constitutionally recognize marriages regardless of gender identity.

Nationally, Democrats have recently disregarded DADT policies and allowed same-sex marriage to actually come to fruition. The next step is introducing a national change to include LGBT+ protections against hate crimes in all states, which is something that I don't think Republicans will ever vouch for considering their audience. The reason I vote Democrat every election is because of the long-term changes that it could possibly create. I don't expect politicians to work incredibly effectively each time in the short-term because of how our government is set up.

Last edited:

Damien469

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
His first attempt at a Muslim ban was so blatantly unconstitutional that rather than have the DoJ appeal the lower courts' rulings they instead just attempted to draft a second version. Even SCOTUS made it very clear in a 6-3 standing that Trump's EO's were in violation of the first amendment's ban on religious tests on US Persons.

And the idea that someone could demand a judge be dismissed from a case on the basis of their ethnic heritage is something that would get dismissed easily by higher courts.
Oh I agree that it was completely unconstitutional, you cannot deny that. But I remember someone making the argument that the president has some BS legal thing that lets them do shit as long as it would "protect the interests of the citizens"

EDIT: As for the judge being dismissed, imagine a being tried by a Nazi judge. You would absolutely want a different judge, who wouldn't be against you by default. Not saying that what Trump did was a good thing, but there has to be some way to get rid of that guy

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean you're totally right. But we have to attack it from all angles avaliable, including protesting the hell out of them if they think they can invade our towns while carrying rifles and riot gear. It's not a one road thing, ya know? We'll cut off all the heads of the hydra. Just one small victory is a positive thing.
Exactly. They targeted Social Justice as if that's something to be mocked. The more we push them to the fringe, the more chances we have to break their brainwashing.

You and me both.

pramod

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And what about the shit they were doing when voting was open? How about the whole "requiring federal ID to vote"? I'm glad it's on a state-by-state basis. Otherwise they'd push for it in every state, and that's a deeply flawed system. Just because someone doesn't have ID, they suddenly don't have a voice in how it runs, even if they pay taxes? What about the illegals who lived in the country for over a decade?

Wow, are you suggesting that non-citizens should be allowed to vote? That sounds pretty radical.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, you keep bringing up that a bunch of teenagers from reddit are somehow white supremacists.
This might blow your mind, but teenagers are just as capable of holding neonazi views as older folks.

And it doesn't matter if they put some meaningless disclaimer at the end claiming that they aren't neonazis when they hold all of the same views as those neonazis. Most of these teenagers hang out on 4chan too where people will openly refer to themselves as "NacSol" (shorthand for White Nationalist Socialist meaning people who want a government that enforces a white ethnostate).

Again, you can't take responsibility for something if you didn't do it. The website archive showed that they disavowed right before the event, and no known trump supporters(as far as I know) killed any person there.

Apparently you literally know nothing about what happened in Charlottesville...........

Damien469

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
This might blow your mind, but teenagers are just as capable of holding neonazi views as older folks.

And it doesn't matter if they put some meaningless disclaimer at the end claiming that they aren't neonazis when they hold all of the same views as those neonazis. Most of these teenagers hang out on 4chan too where people will openly refer to themselves as "NacSol" (shorthand for White Nationalist Socialist meaning people who want a government that enforces a white ethnostate).
That's why it's important to disrupt their platform and reach out to them when they're young and let them know that it is not acceptable to be bigoted and closed minded. It's literally the current year, how can people be against love, peace, and tolerance for themselves and others? I just don't see what benefits they get to being hateful.

EDIT: Anyways, I'm going to get some sleep. These threads can turn pretty nasty, and it's great to see some enlightened, civil discourse.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, you keep bringing up that a bunch of teenagers from reddit are somehow white supremacists. You see, I support BLM. I want to end BLACKED persecution by cops ever since Treyvon Martin incident. However, even if these suppose weirdos from reddit want to do something similar, why is that bad? Please explain to me. Bonus points if you can exclude Nazi germany.
First off, what the hell is "BLACKED"? Some sort of code word? Weridos from reddit want to protest white cops from killing them? Show me where in that mod post that white men went to protest white cops killing them when they had their hands up.

You didn't really point out. You basically said "if you go to a place where nazis are, you're a nazi by default". Which is untrue. For example, when I go to a local gym, I have to deal with frat boys stinking up the place and talking about misogynistic things out loud..I have to train with these guys...yet I'm not that...If your logic I would be considered a misogynistic frat boy, but I respect women and fight for their right to gain equal pay and respect.
You're lying to me. Did you not read the mod post? You basically said it yourself quoting that disclaimer. Here I'll give you a clue: In your analogy you would also support the misogynistic rantings and went to a big old 'protest the women' group.
Hold on, I'm not following...They already disavowed with nazis already before the event...How are they standing with Nazis? They could have just had their own little idiot club of their trump worship and not see a nazi anywhere. Unless you have proof of them meeting up and planning something.
You keep flipflopping on Trump worship. It's quote unquote white culture persecution.

The_Donald
A Disclaimer
I want to be perfectly clear with you guys that many of the people who will be there are National Socialist and Ethnostate sort of groups. I don't endorse them. In this case, the pursuit of preserving without shame white culture, our goals happen to align. I'll be there regardless of the questionable company because saving history is more important than our differences. This is probably why they named the event "Unite the Right."
Speaking for myself only, I won't be punching right. We need to save civilization first, we can argue about the exact details later.

Edit: Missed a few words

Undivided

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His point (I think) isn't that the teenagers aren't neo nazis because they're teenagers. Teenagers are usually pretty big idiots, and they think something is inherently funny because it's offensive. To many of them, it's the same principle as "Dead baby" jokes, all of which rely on the simple shock value of the punchline being, "There's a bunch of dead babies." They say things only to get a rise out of you, and if saying, "The Holocaust Didn't Happen" gets a rise out of you, they'll do that.

Arx

Oct 25, 2017
Too little, too late. From what i remember, they "tried" to do this before.
It is obvious that they dont really want to succeed though, dont want to loose large parts of their userbase and wreck other subs in the process. Reddit is a true example of that happens when mob mentality and "free speech" run rampant.

Biggui4yew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
his might blow your mind, but teenagers are just as capable of holding neonazi views as older folks.
And it doesn't matter if they put some meaningless disclaimer at the end claiming that they aren't neonazis when they hold all of the same views as those neonazis.
I'm very aware. However, from what I checked it seems like they keep posting meme pictures of trump with some frog. I doubt these are the nazi type to salute and have NatSoc ideologies.

Apparently you literally know nothing about what happened in Charlottesville
From what I'm googling it says the killer was a "white nationalist", but nothing about being a trump supporter.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
His point (I think) isn't that the teenagers aren't neo nazis because they're teenagers. Teenagers are usually pretty big idiots, and they think something is inherently funny because it's offensive. To many of them, it's the same principle as "Dead baby" jokes, all of which rely on the simple shock value of the punchline being, "There's a bunch of dead babies." They say things only to get a rise out of you, and if saying, "The Holocaust Didn't Happen" gets a rise out of you, they'll do that.
Going to NeoNazi rallies is a pretty big investment past the edgy 4chan posting, no?

werebear230

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is very true. The little shits my younger brother brings home are avid PewDiePie fans and I constantly hear things like "HITLER DID NOTHING WRONG" coming from his bedroom. I've tried to talk to him but he gives me this smirk that tells me it's pointless, although I'm fairly certain he's not a nazi. I'm hoping he'll grow out of the edgy 4channer phase eventually.

Damien469

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
I'm very aware. However, from what I checked it seems like they keep posting meme pictures of trump with some frog. I doubt these are the nazi type to salute and have NatSoc ideologies.

From what I'm googling it says the killer was a "white nationalist", but nothing about being a trump supporter.
Ugh, poor Pepe. He used to be part of a great webcomic, until the appropriated it for their propaganda.
Luckily, Matt (he's a pretty cool guy) opened a Kickstarter not too long ago to take it back

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/615106574/save-pepe

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
The cycle becomes the ERA cycle

"More moderation would get rid of the people I don't like" > Large social media platforms implement new rules, turns out they do nothing to stop far rightists because they're easily gamed, but WOC and sex workers get banned for calling Trump et al a rude name. > The most highly moderated social media platforms have by far the worst effects on democratic legitimacy and the presence of hate speech but they're ones that ERA posters don't use much so whatever. > "Despite the lessons of the past MORE MODERATION will fix this." > Repeat ad infinitum.

Biggui4yew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First off, what the hell is "BLACKED"? Some sort of code word? Weridos from reddit want to protest white cops from killing them? Show me where in that mod post that white men went to protest white cops killing them when they had their hands up.
Oops, I mistyped. Meant to say black, don't know why I caplocked it though. Strange, nvm. As far as the mod mentioning anything of black lives matter, I have not. Which is very shameful. If they at least want to be taken seriously they should stop acting like kids and deal with real social issues in the country.

You're lying to me. Did you not read the mod post? You basically said it yourself quoting that disclaimer. Here I'll give you a clue: In your analogy you would also support the misogynistic rantings and went to a big old 'protest the women' group.
What? I never said that. I never said I support misogynistic rantings, just that I'd ignore it and wouldn't be part of the hate group if I were to be in the same place as them.

You keep flipflopping on Trump worship. It's quote unquote white culture persecution.
I'm not flip flopping, though I read that before, and yes it sounds weird. However, it's not what I would call "NatSoc" or white supremacists. I've take history classes, and those things delve WAY deeper than just "ethnic preservation" or whatever they want.