• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can I romance everyone? Can I join every faction? Just seeing how many playthroughs for a platinum

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Can I romance everyone? Can I join every faction? Just seeing how many playthroughs for a platinum
Two of the romances are exclusively heterosexual (the other two are bi), so you'd already need two characters to get all 4 romance trophies.

We don't yet know how the factions work. You gain reputation with them (rather than specifically joining them), so it's possible you can max out reputation with all of them in a single playthrough, though it seems more likely you'd have to alienate at least one of them.

You also have to max out the various skill trees, which probably isn't feasible on a single character.

And there are at least 4 endings.

So minimum 2, but probably 4-6.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two of the romances are exclusively heterosexual (the other two are bi), so you'd already need two characters to get all 4 romance trophies.

We don't yet know how the factions work. You gain reputation with them (rather than specifically joining them), so it's possible you can max out reputation with all of them in a single playthrough, though it seems more likely you'd have to alienate at least one of them.

You also have to max out the various skill trees, which probably isn't feasible on a single character.
Is there a skill reset potion or feature? Level cap is 99 but it isn't easy since you end up level 40 base on dev interview but i'm guessing someone will find a farming point or xp exploit somewhere. Regarding the faction there is a trophy for uniting all of them, so that means max them all out?

How's extreme difficulty? Anyone playing it at that?

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Haven't even had time to finish Control yet, but I feel compelled support this out of the gate. At worst it's ELEX(which I love) tier, at best it's 17th Century DA:Origins. Either way I've never hated 'one of these'.

About to finish it today.. Right before GreedFall... This is gonna be a hell of a upcoming months to finish games.

Focusing on finishing GreedFall before Concrete Genie.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Hitting someone in the air with a big attack Throws them and it's amazing.

Also! I unlocked rifles and got a big ol' blunderbuss which is like firing a small cannon.
There is any trace of ragdoll or physics when you kill enemies? Or they fall down with same exact animation and glue to the ground?
Thanks.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be on this please tune in.

I should have shaved.
I don't know if this is possible for you, but is it possible for you to check if BestBuy was sent copies of the game to sell? They don't have it available for preorder anymore on their website and current orders are stuck looking like this.

greedfall0xkgd.png

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty hyped for this game. I need a good RPG in my life. Hope this delivers

And i heard the console versions are pretty good, atleast the pro version.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Hey Stiler, is the OT ready yet? It's less than 12 hours until the game releases. :P

Yes for the most part, just waiting on the graphics guy to send the header images and things for it then I will throw it up asap when I get them. It's my first OT so I didn't know if it was ok to post an OT that's incomplete (most info, etc is on it though) and then edit that in or what.
Here's a link to the initial OT info and things I setup (thanks in large part to the developers awesome press kit that had those images)

Deleted member 50232

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
X version runs really well. There was some slight screen tearing in the opening area but since i have arrived on the island it's fine.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Yes for the most part, just waiting on the graphics guy to send the header images and things for it then I will throw it up asap when I get them. It's my first OT so I didn't know if it was ok to post an OT that's incomplete (most info, etc is on it though) and then edit that in or what.
Here's a link to the initial OT info and things I setup (thanks in large part to the developers awesome press kit that had those images)

Wow, I never knew that there's such a thread for testing our OTs lol.

Anyway, your OT looks amazing already. I don't think you need to think too much about the header. An official wallpaper would do just fine. What really matters is all the information provided below.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I switched to Normal after getting my ass kicked because I skipped the combat tutorial. Now that I *get* the combat I might bump it back up to Hard.

Did all the available side quests in the tutorial area (I think there were four total, one for each faction). They're all interesting in that none of them were fetch quests. Each of the side quests had at least two or three ways to complete and two or three "outcomes". I was able to use stealth to solve one, a disguise for another, charisma for another, etc.

Side quest rewards in the tutorial area were gold, exp, and faction rep. There have been plenty of chests and stuff to find when exploring, several of which were in need of picking.

I also got a crystal to reset my talents/attributes/etc. at the end of the tutorial so I can respec. No idea how common they are but I'm so happy that they don't hard lock you into something you might regret later. I'm the kind of player who would completely restart the game if I wasn't happy with my character a few hours into an RPG.

I *love* the aesthetic of the game with the pistols and cutlasses.

Thanks! I'll start the game on hard then.

Game actually just got delivered according to amazon, so I'll start this evening... can't wait!

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Haven't even had time to finish Control yet, but I feel compelled support this out of the gate. At worst it's ELEX(which I love) tier, at best it's 17th Century DA:Origins. Either way I've never hated 'one of these'.

I just went in to pick up the game but I'm still at the end of Control.. Gonna have to finish it tomorrow since today I don't have any time.

I'm also yet to play Man of Medan...

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom

You have about 5 hours to get it to Central Paris.

I don't know if this is possible for you, but is it possible for you to check if BestBuy was sent copies of the game to sell? They don't have it available for preorder anymore on their website and current orders are stuck looking like this.

greedfall0xkgd.png

Huh. Is this BestBuy US or CA? I've relayed this upstairs to our distribution team and we're taking a look.

Is it going to be spoiler free?

It'll be from near the start of the game, but it will be story content. Nothing we'd consider a huge spoiler (and certainly less than has been streamed already thanks to CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS) but if you're the going-totally-blind type, there will be some story stuff.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I just went in to pick up the game but I'm still at the end of Control.. Gonna have to finish it tomorrow since today I don't have any time.

I'm also yet to play Man of Medan...

Lol I'm on the same boat as you guys, haven't finished Control and I really wanted to do it before starting Greedfall, as I feel Greedfall is gonna take much longer to finish. Doesn't help that the game arrived a day earlier, but I think I'm gonna put control on hold for the time being.

Man of Medan is 3-4 h and it doesn't have as much replayability as Until Dawn did, I played it on launch day and sold it the day after

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be from near the start of the game, but it will be story content. Nothing we'd consider a huge spoiler (and certainly less than has been streamed already thanks to CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS) but if you're the going-totally-blind type, there will be some story stuff.
Cool. Thanks! I'm going in blind. Can't wait till tomorrow to start playing and good luck with the launch! ;)

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom

Have relayed, hopefully know more soon.

Cool. Thanks! I'm going in blind. Can't wait till tomorrow to start playing and good luck with the launch! ;)

Thanks! Hope you enjoy.

ChaosSmurf Are you able to provide or inquire about specific PS4 Pro enhancements? It is always nice to have a detailed breakdown from the source.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/gr...by-one-of-the-developers.137765/post-24032983 ;D

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Played like 5 hours so far. Reminds me of both earlier BioWare games and Piranha Bytes games. Really liking it so far.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
15 hours in and I didn't even start the main quests on the main island yet, lol. You guys gonna have soooo much fun with it :D

Last edited:

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018

Deleted member 50232

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
How long is this game supposed to be? 30-40 hours?

I must have played for 20 hours and have barely touched the main storyline. I am exploring and doing side quests, particularly the ones for my companions.

It barely feels like I've scratched the surface.... it's a decent sized game for sure.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Question to people who are already playing - did you find another respec option somewhere? Besides the one we got after prologue.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For a game I knew nothing about a few weeks ago, to a game I'm suddenly very interested in, I'm rooting hard for it to succeed, and it's crazy to see it so high up the Steam "Top Selling" charts.
steamgreed.jpg

Word of mouth is super-positive right now too, so that bodes very well for its longevity.

Kalasai

Jan 16, 2018
France
For those who already have the game, how you manage to keep a good stock of ammo for the gun ? The merchant have a very limited number to buy.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Got my PSN wallet stocked and ready to buy if reviews are strong, which is looks like they're going to be.

So excited to dive into a new WRPG world, it's been so long. I don't think I've played one since The Witcher 3, which is nuts.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
For those who already have the game, how you manage to keep a good stock of ammo for the gun ? The merchant have a very limited number to buy.

Craft it! First, get 1 point in Science and then get the second required point in Science form by Science pouch on your chest armor :) Mats for ammo are quite easy to get and you can also buy them at vendors.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Going back and forth between Steam or GMG. Does GMG already have the keys available and do they include the preorder bonuses?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
For a game I knew nothing about a few weeks ago, to a game I'm suddenly very interested in, I'm rooting hard for it to succeed, and it's crazy to see it so high up the Steam "Top Selling" charts.
steamgreed.jpg

Word of mouth is super-positive right now too, so that bodes very well for its longevity.
It is top seller in my region too.

Global Top Seller-
8Vizeva.png

Going back and forth between Steam or GMG. Does GMG already have the keys available and do they include the preorder bonuses?
Wingamestore sent me my keys. It would be 1 key for game, 1 key for DLC.