• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just preordered it on GMG, but they say it isn't out until Tuesday despite Steam saying tomorrow. No code yet. But, oh well, got a discount at least.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I canceled me order on Amazon, decided to go digital instead (PS4).

Just saw a German guy streaming, he's at a boss fight. This game looks fucking awesome.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really hope so, I've enjoyed all their games despite the jank. I just don't know what to make of their new owner, Big Ben, so I try to avoid being too optimistic.
There's really nothing to really get a feel for the future. Big Ben's history isn't to invest in studios of this size or projects of this size, but we've seen a LOT of smaller publishers start ramping up with bigger acquisitions lately to become bigger and better. I remember when Deep Silver started off publishing games like "Horse Life" and "Neuro-Hunters" and other smaller efforts. Now they're publishers of franchises like Saints Row, Metro, and Shenmue (of all things).

So we'll see.

the chris

Dec 31, 2017
Preordered through Best Buy since they have a $10 gift card that goes with it. I couldn't figure out from any of the videos, but is the combat more like Dragon Age or is more action-y?

Oct 27, 2017
game is second in global steam sales, higher than gears 5 :P
57912.jpg

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Fair enough, didn't know the console version was so different.

And I absolutely agree that jank games can be enjoyable. Witcher 1 is one of my favourite games of all time ( I replayed it 5 or 6 times all the way through) despite being unquestionable eurojank
There's nothing questionable about it, witcher is glorious euro jank

Oct 27, 2017
London
Well, bought on GMG for £37 based on these impressions from people playing, hope the game is actually good or I'll be pissed off at myself

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
I'm kinda bummed there are apparently all clothing is unisex. Also none of the companions shown interest me yet.
Is it better than Dragon Dogma?
What are you asking, really? This seems more like an oldschool bioware game, where companions have detailed personalities and stories, quests are heavily story driven, and there's a heavy lore/ world building. Plus romances, which seem to be a developed system.

On the other hand, no RPG has more responsive, agile, and exciting action combat than Dragon's Dogma, or a character creation as deep, or a pokemon-like pawn system as strange. The game falls short in most other aspects.

What are you looking for?

Oct 29, 2017
I confirmed on reddit that companions are 100% customizable like the fallout games. I don't like those stupid looking tricorn/curvy cowboy hats so I am very happy

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Hitting someone in the air with a big attack Throws them and it's amazing.

Also! I unlocked rifles and got a big ol' blunderbuss which is like firing a small cannon.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I confirmed on reddit that companions are 100% customizable like the fallout games. I don't like those stupid looking tricorn/curvy cowboy hats so I am very happy
That's actually one of the things I didn't really like from Technomancer.

I like companions to have a strong visual identity, but they just use generic outfits. I ended up mostly leaving them all in the gear they start with, only giving them new weapons.

I suspect I'll be doing the same here.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm rooting for Spiders. Every project they get closer to something special, and I think Greedfall might be the one they finally get right.

There's a huge void in fantasy RPGSs, and they can really take advantage of that.

For some reason Best Buy is only allowing me to order a copy by pick up only, no shipping option.
7951.jpg

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really hope this is a big success. There aren't nearly enough fantasy RPGs. And I don't understand why that is, as there is quite a demand for them.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Just preordered it on GMG, but they say it isn't out until Tuesday despite Steam saying tomorrow. No code yet. But, oh well, got a discount at least.

I bought on GMG too. They are a key reseller, so they sometimes don't get enough inventory on release day, but they are pretty close. Hoping it will have the pre-order bonuses. It says they do, but I've been screwed by them with it.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I bought on GMG too. They are a key reseller, so they sometimes don't get enough inventory on release day, but they are pretty close. Hoping it will have the pre-order bonuses. It says they do, but I've been screwed by them with it.

They are not a key reseller, not anything like cdkeys/g2a/kinguin, etc. They get their keys directly from publishers and are specific to your region.

There was the incident in the past with the Witcher and such but as a whole they get their keys directly from the publishers afaik.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
They are not a key reseller, not anything like cdkeys/g2a/kinguin, etc. They get their keys directly from publishers and are specific to your region.

There was the incident in the past with the Witcher and such but as a whole they get their keys directly from the publishers afaik.

Ok. I thought they were. I think it was Battlefront 1 or 2 that I didn't get pre-order stuff, but otherwise they have always been good.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
You can perform combos like in Dragon Age/Mass Effect games. For example, after your companion stagger an enemy, you can then knock them down.

Of course, they're also useful for distracting enemies so you can focus on your main target without getting swarmed.
I like switching playstyles without having to, you know, switch builds. It's why I enjoyed the party system in Dragon Age and other RPGs in general.

Can I least tell the squad what abilities to use?

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Preordered. Positive impressions everywhere I see.

Even the negatives are things that dont really bother me much. AA quality is fine, with the scope the game has.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't even had time to finish Control yet, but I feel compelled support this out of the gate. At worst it's ELEX(which I love) tier, at best it's 17th Century DA:Origins. Either way I've never hated 'one of these'.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
How are the story/dialogue/characters?

I really haven't touched the main story, been distracted with the side quests. So far all of the side quests have been pretty extensive in that they require multiple steps, and they're interesting enough that I actually want to follow through on them!

Siora (the native woman) is awesome, she's probably my favorite so far.