• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I was selected in newegg shuffle today for a 3070ti. Gigabyte in a combo with b550 motherboard.
I might still regret it, but ultimately I passed on it. I don't need the motherboard, and I really just want a 3080.
I've been waiting this long.. I can keep waiting.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
my friend today said fuck it and got a 3080ti for ~10% over msrp. curious if it could have been less than msrp in the next 30 days....

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
You sign up 7 months in advance for their queue and they can only spare 8 hours, not even a day.

x8fzwOA.png

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't they going to just...mine another coin?
Other GPU mineable coins combined will be less than ETH still and there are like 2 or 3 of them which are at similar profitability now when almost nobody mines them.
If the whole miner base will switch to altcoins their profitability will drop off a cliff in a day making mining them kinda pointless.
So no, this isn't an outcome which we should fear, at least if the status quo between BTC, ETH and the rest will keep as it is.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Saturn Germany just had the RTX 3060 for 379.99€ (lowest it has been) and it was immediately gone.

Literally received an alert, checked and gone. Would have bought otherwise, eventhough I'm looking for a 3070.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Damn 3070 and 3060ti is now in reachable prices. $800 and $1000.

I'll push my luck and wait for at least 3080 lol

I feel like a loser now getting a 1660ti for 600. (decent card but not 600 dollar decent but I needed it at the time damnit)

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Damn 3070 and 3060ti is now in reachable prices. $800 and $1000.

I'll push my luck and wait for at least 3080 lol

I feel like a loser now getting a 1660ti for 600. (decent card but not 600 dollar decent but I needed it at the time damnit)
The problem seem that they aren't selling (producing ?) 3080 anymore... you can find ANY other 3000 model rather than the 3080... I guess that that train is gone...

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
The problem seem that they aren't selling (producing ?) 3080 anymore... you can find ANY other 3000 model rather than the 3080... I guess that that train is gone...
Yeah, Nvidia realized their error of reasonably pricing the 3080, to which they fixed with the launch of the Ti. Why charge 700 when you can slap an extra two gigs of memory on the card and charge 1200 instead.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
huh interesting.

Then I'll reach for the sky for a 3090. I was already considering a 3070 at 3090 prices with all the craziness.

I might as well wait for the next generation of cards at this rate. At least get some of my money's worth on this overpriced 1660ti first.

OP
OP
Serious Sam

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GPU market situation is getting interesting. Further price collapse should happen soon. Market is being flooded with LHR cards, but many retailers still want to sell cards for exorbitant prices. This can't last that much longer.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
GPU market situation is getting interesting. Further price collapse should happen soon. Market is being flooded with LHR cards, but many retailers still want to sell cards for exorbitant prices. This can't last that much longer.

most german retailers I saw so far still have prices that are double the msrp.
no surprise they see to have alot of cards in stock.

mindfactory offers 2060s for 590€ while saturn/media markt offer3060s at around 380€.

seems like online retailers try to maintain those ridiculous prices as long as they can...

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep, everyone's still pricing the GPUs like they're selling to miners, despite a) the LHR cards are explicitly not for mining, and b) Ethereum's price drop and forthcoming transaction fees nerf means buying GPUs for Eth mining makes very little sense right now. It's a blatant non-starter, and I'd expect prices to drop in the next couple of weeks.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti SUPRIM X already down to 850€ in Germany. The prices are dropping almost daily it seems \^_^/

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
most german retailers I saw so far still have prices that are double the msrp.
no surprise they see to have alot of cards in stock.

mindfactory offers 2060s for 590€ while saturn/media markt offer3060s at around 380€.

seems like online retailers try to maintain those ridiculous prices as long as they can...

Mediamarkt/Saturn were the shining beckon in terms of pricing since the 3000 series launch.

Litteraly the only retailer that isn't charging absolute batshit prices.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017

I mean most of them can't sell them for less when they've bought them from the AIB's at the high price, they'd probably be losing a ton of money if they did.

Last edited:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Yeah. We're seeing the same here in Chile. They're still very expensive and well above what they should cost, but prices are steadily coming down. Specially the 3060.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Loads of places have stock in the UK now. Ebuyer, AWD, Novatech, they all have loads of 3080s in stock, more than I've ever seen... if you're happy to pay about £1500. So it looks like the stock is recovering but the prices are still fucking ridiculous. Hopefully they start to fall soon enough.

Oct 25, 2017
Idk about 3 months but seems like prices are definitely deflating. This definitely is from the recent BTC "crash" to $30k, which is odd bc that's still higher than it's ever been months ago.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
Loads of places have stock in the UK now. Ebuyer, AWD, Novatech, they all have loads of 3080s in stock, more than I've ever seen... if you're happy to pay about £1500. So it looks like the stock is recovering but the prices are still fucking ridiculous. Hopefully they start to fall soon enough.
It's gotta start falling right? There's a very narrow market of people willing to pay scalper prices, and you have to think that population has been pretty well exhausted by this point.

Oct 25, 2017
It's gotta start falling right? There's a very narrow market of people willing to pay scalper prices, and you have to think that population has been pretty well exhausted by this point.
If you even look at the replies in this thread, while the population definitely shrinks faster than it grows, people get sick of waiting and just give in to whatever price they can find. As prices fall, too, there will be resistance bc once a 3070 drops to $1000, for example, hesitant buyers will think "that's the lowest it's been in a year!" and buy it rather than waiting it out, keeping prices higher for longer.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
That's what I tell myself as well. The reason these cards are being snapped up so fast is because many people have been able to scalp them for a profit. But once the people willing to pay crazy prices are gone, it's going to come back down to a more reasonable level.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
If you even look at the replies in this thread, while the population definitely shrinks faster than it grows, people get sick of waiting and just give in to whatever price they can find. As prices fall, too, there will be resistance bc once a 3070 drops to $1000, for example, hesitant buyers will think "that's the lowest it's been in a year!" and buy it rather than waiting it out, keeping prices higher for longer.
Yeah I think you're right about that, I know a lot of people who have bought cards for way over the MSRP just because, in comparison, they're going cheap. My friend got a 3060 Ti for £500 odd which is definitely over, but that same card from a retailer is ~£800 right now. So I think that'll definitely be a thing in the coming months.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Yeah I think you're right about that, I know a lot of people who have bought cards for way over the MSRP just because, in comparison, they're going cheap. My friend got a 3060 Ti for £500 odd which is definitely over, but that same card from a retailer is ~£800 right now. So I think that'll definitely be a thing in the coming months.

I feel that. My 970 is long in the tooth to the point of thinking of trading my m1 macbook pro for a video card since I am not using it.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely curious, what about PoW is actually an incentive? How it functions it seems its goal is to kill mining, while simultaneously creating a system where only the richest benefit and everyone else can no longer get in on it with just a PC. It sounds even worse surprisingly

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
It's hard to tell. At one point, like you said, people might have hungered for a 3070 for so long they'll just bite the bullet and pay the price.

On the other hand, at a certain point you really don't feel great paying a $400 premium for a card that's already a year old. The FOMO Effect really decreases after a while (the way that there might be a game you were REALLY on the fence about buying new when it came out, but then when it hits $45 on sale you still don't buy it because now that you've waited this long you may as well just wait to scoop it for $25 further down the road).

But you're certainly right that under any circumstance it's not going to move from $400 premium to $0 premium right away, and that prices will drop in steps as people who are willing to pay some smaller premium have their asking prices met. The question is how significant the "some premium" crowd is in comparison to the supply, and therefore how quickly the decrease will occur.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
videocardz.com

Cryptominers now selling GeForce RTX 3060 cards for as low as 270 USD after mining crackdown in China - VideoCardz.com

Second-hand graphics cards are now flooding the Chinese market Chinese crackdown on cryptomining is now the main cause for a large number of graphics cards being sold on the Chinese web. Gamers should be delighted to hear that GeForce RTX 30 graphics cards are now available for sale at very good...

Where, new or used market? Zero 3080 on EU amazon stores for example.
New but the prices are insane - 2X of MSRP at the very least.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017