• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Great news that it's finally being rereleased - definitely going to grab this the second it's out just in case something else happens!

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic news! I don't have the specs to run Devotion but I will gladly support the developers and play it when I get a rig good enough to play it.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
So glad to hear that. This time it`s day one for me.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fantastic news, I'll have to check it out. Also, Detention is getting a Netflix series adaptation, so sounds like things are on the up for Red Candle Games!

It's coming to GOG?!
Y4YFthE.gif

(Although I'd prefer Detention.)

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Oh yes! I'm getting it as soon as it hits the store, not just to actually experience it, but to support the developers. I don't want to even think about how fucked up the situation must've been for them.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, if there's any time for GOG to walk into this potential fire, it's now while everyone is roasting their parent company.

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
Great! I was waiting for a sale but we know what happened. I hope the devs still have a job.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Is GOG entirely owned and operated by CD Projekt RED? Sorry I don't know the intricacies of the ownership of GOG.
Yes.

Edit: Technically it is run by their parent company, but the layers of separation are so thin that they are for all intents and purposes the same company.

Last edited:

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I'll buy this if it comes to consoles specifically because of the jabs against Evil Pooh. Fuck kowtowing to Chinese oppression. I wish there was more I could tangibly do to help Taiwan.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Cool! I'm guessing that's the only place it'll be on for now? I wonder if the part of the game that caused the initial controversy is still in.

Is GOG entirely owned and operated by CD Projekt RED? Sorry I don't know the intricacies of the ownership of GOG.

GOG and CD Projekt Red are both part of CD Projekt. Make of that what you will. I don't know how the three relate further than that tidbit.

Last edited:

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
RXldRxPpwGJYmiD7q5Qf_NYfikH_toJ22uik-J67uUy84B5XzOP86GvAANqvCGgB1jkgfLo

Everyone play it if you have an interest in walking sims, creepy games, stories for adults, or Taiwan. It's so good.

Ganado

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Wrong, GOG is operated by the company GOG which is a subsidiary of CD Projekt, that also owns CD Projekt RED. It's like Deep Silver and THQ Nordic GmbH, both are owned by Embracer (new THQ Nordic AB). Not saying much though since all sides of CD Projekt has been doing bad stuff.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Was able to buy it on Steam before it was pulled but will buy it again here just to support 'em. Great game.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Glad to see it available again. I'm guessing GOG has fewer issues for them than Steam?
I suspect this is more a test for Red Candle to see if the Chinese netizens will kick up a fuss. My understanding is that GOG is relatively unknown in China, certainly when compared to Steam. That said, never under-estimate Chinese netizens' willingness to harass.

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
I need to know if will be updates in the game and if those updates will be available in the steam version.

Status
Not open for further replies.