• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Heh, fair enough. Just seems odd that folks would immediately assume "China". I'd like to think the sword in particular makes the origin rather obvious, and it's not like the dragon is a perfect match for Chinese depicted dragons, either.
I don't know why you would assume that people know a dragon with a sword = Korea. I assumed the sword was some Moonlight Sword throwback myself.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California

Well...

The Seven-Branched Sword (Korean: 칠지도, Hanja: 七支刀, Japanese: 七支刀, Hepburn: Shichishitō) is a sword of continental manufacture believed to be identical with the artifact of that name, a gift of the king of Baekje that was bestowed upon a Yamato ruler as a gift
Baekje (백제; 百濟; [pɛk̚.t͈ɕe] (also Paekche); 18 BC[1] – 660 AD) was a kingdom located in southwestern Korea.

See what I mean?

I don't know why you would assume that people know a dragon with a sword = Korea. I assumed the sword was some Moonlight Sword throwback myself.

The Seven-Branched Sword isn't *that* niche a concept. Or, so I thought.