• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
spoilers for Sekiro duh

Dragon's Homecoming will obviously be the canon ending for Sekiro, right?

it is the only ending with a potential set up for a sequel right? Wolf being alive and Kuro kinda too.

what do you think Era?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Souls games tend to operate on the endings where nothing got fixed

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whichever ends with Bobby Kotick rubbing his palms together at the thought of a sequel is the one you're looking at.

Oct 25, 2017
Hope so, that was definitely my favourite, and the game that could exist beyond that is the most interesting. What happened to cut the dragon free and what is that place like now hah

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Shura ending needs to be canon. Imagine fighting Wolf consumed by it as a secret boss in Sekiro 2.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I just got this ending a few days ago for the first time and agree this is likely the direction of the sequel. Adventures with the divine child sounds sweet but so help me if they let her die in the next game there will be hell to pay.
This isn't a souls game.

Shura ending needs to be canon. Imagine fighting Wolf consumed by it as a secret boss in Sekiro 2.
Could always do a Buddha type flash sideways area where this happens without making it cannon

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be okay if there wasn't a sequel but this feels like the most logical one to follow if they intend to continue using The Wolf as a protagonist.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
DS 1 2 and 3 operate on "yeah so the ending to DS1 just kept happening over and over forever until the last couple of dudes to do it said "fuck it" and bailed"

That wasnt the endings though. In ds1 you continue the cycle. In 2 the canon ending takes a different path via the dlc and in ds3 iirc again via the dlc what little is left escapes into a painting to avoid the inevitable end

Henchman

Mar 10, 2019
Would be the "best" ending to develop another game. The souls games are centered around an idea of cycle making whichever endings chosed canon (said explicitly by Aldia in DS2) and since Sekiro doesn't have something like that it would be the most likely choice.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
I see the homecoming ending as the most suitable for a potential mini DLC adventure but the Purification ending makes sense the most for a sequel for me. Set years later with a playable Kuro and how he handles the interior ministers taking over and Japan going into a new era.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah probably. Purification is just too sad. ;_;
Fuck it, gimme Shura Sekiro 2
Holy shit... that'd be so incredible and chilling. I love the Shura ending for how incredibly dark and chilling it is.

But I think Wolf needs to be the protagonist of Sekiro 2, I mean not only his name is the title, but the whole prosthetic arm/grappling hook thing needs to continue being a thing because it's so fun >.>

yes, i will be, thank you.
I lol'ed

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Yep I'm pretty damn confident that if a sequel to this comes (which it almost certainly will now after the critical acclaim and awards since Activision will want to capitalize), it's going Journey to the West on us, using the Dragon's Homecoming ending.

The Divine Child is going to be the one he ends up protecting next, filling the shoes that Kuro did in the first.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
I think it has the most potential for a sequel. It could involve Sekiro and the Divine child traveling to find a cure. Emma can tag along as well since everyone she knows is pretty much dead, and Ashina is gone

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
If the game gets a sequel - and that may be possible seeing as the game did well - I assumed from the start that ending would be the one they go with.

Of course, as the game has a lot of Tenchu vibes, I wouldn't be shocked if a cliffhanger ending with no sequel is also in line with that series. :(

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
homecoming ending is probably my least favourite ending

i guess i just like dark endings lol, and the others delivered that pretty well

severance was a bit underdeveloped maybe, so i think for me, the shura and purification endings felt the most poignant

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should do a separate sequel for each ending then brazenly attempt to tie it altogether in a final game.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
that's the one where the little girl priestess takes the soul of the little Lord inside her as she and Sekiro depart for the West? Because yeah, that one needs to be canon. Give me Sekiro 2, damn it!

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only the souls games ever had sequels to determine which ending was canon and they picked the one that allowed them to make a sequel, not the one "where nothing got fixed". In sekiro's case, the ending OP mentioned is the one that most obviously gives room for a sequel.

Deleted member 227

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's obviously the ending where Sekiro becomes the sculptor and they heavy handedly go "we're saving this arm for a future ninja".

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
did no one else find the homecoming ending a bit narratively unsatisfying? to me it feels a bit like a cop out deus ex machina to achieve a somewhat happy ending. the other endings felt more consequential and made for better narrative arcs

Deleted member 227

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heh, fair enough. Just seems odd that folks would immediately assume "China". I'd like to think the sword in particular makes the origin rather obvious, and it's not like the dragon is a perfect match for Chinese depicted dragons, either.
Obviously, it's just West Japan and all this speculation is going to have been pointless.